Author Topic: Tigerz11 Sale now on!  (Read 30448 times)

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
Re: Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
Received my 2 parts today, the "e-z tire deflater" and the recovery "hitch & 4.7 bow shackle" arrived well packaged.

The recovery hitch is a solid metal block and not square tube, I had expected it to be like the tow bars available, it's blooody heavy
the tire deflater looks at least half the size of the ARB model, I used it just now and it does work really well  ;D

Offline UR-50-LO

• Tent User
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Make sure you ask for "signature required delivery".
I did and the dumb arse courier reckons he left it on the door step anyway.
Invoice/connote was signed ATL by the driver (which apparently means authorised to leave) even though it specifically says under special notes: "Must be signed for, no redelivery & no redirection". I am soo peed off because I just know the driver has kept the gear for himself...

Not Tigerz11 fault obviously and they too are also calling Toll/Ipec on our behalf trying to sort this crap out for us. Just hope it gets dealt with soon and I get my gear!!!

Offline whitey

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »
Got my awnings and recovery gear mid morning on the Monday... fantastic service. Chucked away the Shit mounting brackets which are only good for supporting a shelf in a shed " crap finish for a vehicle" (never intended using them anyway) ....other than that very happy with the deal and with the extra room in the awning bags, as was mentioned by Moto Mech, i will roll up and put my ground sheets or future awning wind break sides in them if they fit, there is always a way around an issue.... which leads me to the winches.... has anyone found an issue fitting them to an ARB winch?  have had feed back on some ill fitting other bars, cheers   

Offline dooguss

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Prado Power
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 06:01:11 PM »
Winch arrived today looks all good to me took the chance on leave it at the front door option came home and there she was, wont deny was a little worried after reading UR-50-LO post
2006 Toyota Prado
2014 Stoney creek rear fold.

Offline UR-50-LO

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »
Toll called us today and told us they apparently fired the driver due to the security breach.
They then asked us to get Paul at Tigerz11 to contact them with the inquiry number they gave us when we originally filed the complaint and they would give him a refund for the items missing. Hopefully will be sorted ASAP...

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
The supplied brackets with awnings-
ARB, the only gear for my Landcruiser 105
Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline Roo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Is hitting the road Jack.
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
I was checking out other brands of awnings at the Brissie show last weekend, Ironman and Powerful 4x4 had the same bracket with the same bend and cracks on the edges. Me thinks anything out of china would all be the same. checking out other peoples mounting set up, most have opted to not use those brackets anyway. I have an ECB rack so i'll go through the solid alloy plates on the legs of that....gives me 3 points rather than 2.
[insert witty comment]

pacs

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:33 AM »
Missy gave me an oztrail one for x-mass and it had the same brackets so I ditched them and attached directly to my ARB roof rack

Offline Benny78

• Swag User
  • Doin the loop.....
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
Where have you been getting better brackets from? Hardware stores seem to have crappy looking brackets also?

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »
Where have you been getting better brackets from? Hardware stores seem to have crappy looking brackets also?

2.5mt awning I bolted to the "legs" on my ARB rack, with a nylon spacer inbetween. With the rear awning I made up my own brackets using flat steel per below.

Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline Benny78

• Swag User
  • Doin the loop.....
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
2.5mt awning I bolted to the "legs" on my ARB rack, with a nylon spacer inbetween. With the rear awning I made up my own brackets using flat steel per below.

Looks great!
will have to fabricate up something myself!

Offline MADCOW

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • I Rescue Fish from Water and Beer from Bottles
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
Try using some angle iron to use as a bracket, Surely you could find an offcut for a pretty decent price
03 4.2 TDI Gu, Mountain Trail Extended Escape Camper,
 June 2018 Terrain Tamer Calendar

Offline bussoboy

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Wanting to travel before all the roads are sealed
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
Isn't that typical that when the bills come in and you "had" that money set aside for the winch that it got swallowed up into a something else popped up bill. GRRRRRRRR. Wonder how long these specials will last?

I've been in the same boat with "bullbar money"...........4 times over the last 2 years I've had the $$'s in my hand and a damn emergency has come up and the money went elsewhere
2011 GXL 200 Series & 2017 Kokoda Endure 111

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »
Ok, for all the people thinking about the Tigerz11 awnings, my advice is not to.
To start with, they are not copies of ARB awnings or other types I guess( havent had anything to do with others).
The brackets are rubbish.
And the bags leak.
While away camping on the weekend we had a decent drop of rain over night. Both side and rear awnings were packed away and zipped up solid. Upon opening the rear awning, I was met with maybe 1/2lt of water tip over me from inside the cover back. So then I opened up the side awning to be greated with over a 1lt of water come pouring out. So left for a few months you would be greated with a moldy awning even though you never used it.
Both of my awnings are now for sale. Lesson learnt.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:00:14 PM by Moto Mech »
Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline JGM

• Swag User
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »
G'day All
I just been checking out the Tigerz11 E bay page that Ropes put us on to.  I went to order the high lift jack, but the phone number at the bottom of the ebay page for credit card sales is wrong.  The poor bugger that answered has had 3 calls so far and he knows nothing about jacks!
So I went onto the web-site to order from there, it calculated the delivery to be $2000!  Fair Dinkum!

Great prices though, I'll just ring them tomorrow.  Thanks for the tip Ropes!

JGM

Offline Ropes

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Owner Operator of OFFTRAX WA
    • OFFTRAX WA
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
No worries  ;D

Here's another tip, the 12,000lbs winch that BCF are selling for $599 (members price, normally $899) is almost identical to the Tigerz Grande 12,000lbs, the only differences that I have found is the BCF (XTM) has 28m of 10mm dyneema instead of 30m of 9mm, the control box is a different shape (same solenoid inside) and no included wireless controller (I grabbed one off fleabay for under $10)

Cheers
Craig
05 Nissan Patrol GU IV ST 4.2 TDi - Followed by a Metalian Maxi with original Australian Tent

OFFTRAX WA

Western Patrol Club Member

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
That's very interesting Ropes.

On the BCF page, under the Brake, it lists "Automatic In-The-Drum", which I thought was a no-no when running rope? Maybe that's a difference, that the Tigerz11 winch has the different brake design, and the BCF XTM winch has the traditional-style brake? They do look eerily similar from the outside.

All that said, $600 is tempting me. Just need to weigh up the initial cost savings vs "Poor man pays twice" argument.

Cheers for the tip-off!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Roo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Is hitting the road Jack.
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »
supacheap ridge ryder looks more or less the same too. difference to me is the reviews that tigerz has had for a few years from users and the back up service over taking a ridge ryder back to supacheap with reciept within 12 months for replacement...after that, your on your own.

Moto Mech, just check that the stitching on the bag hasn't stretched. also if this was the first rain you've seen it may well have been the stitching needing to swell to effect a good seal. much like a tent would need. I have a great tent that uses the same type of material used in the bag for the floor. when I seasoned the canvas I neglected to also do the floor, it had a join in it as it was a 12'x9' tent. First decent rain and I had a wet ar$e....checked every where for leaks in the canvas, turned out to be the stitching in the floor. dried out the next day then another big rain event a few days later but no more leaks.
might be worth a second chance.
[insert witty comment]

Offline Ropes

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Owner Operator of OFFTRAX WA
    • OFFTRAX WA
Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 10:49:28 AM »
That's very interesting Ropes.

On the BCF page, under the Brake, it lists "Automatic In-The-Drum", which I thought was a no-no when running rope? Maybe that's a difference, that the Tigerz11 winch has the different brake design, and the BCF XTM winch has the traditional-style brake? They do look eerily similar from the outside.

All that said, $600 is tempting me. Just need to weigh up the initial cost savings vs "Poor man pays twice" argument.

Cheers for the tip-off!

I went with my gut and took the plunge and bought the BCF one.
I pulled it apart to check grease etc before installing it.

As you say though, the warranty is also a difference.

Cheers
Craig
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:01:41 PM by Ropes »
05 Nissan Patrol GU IV ST 4.2 TDi - Followed by a Metalian Maxi with original Australian Tent

OFFTRAX WA

Western Patrol Club Member

Offline Matto

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »
I pulled it apart to check grease etc before installing it and compared it to my mates TigerzII Grande and the internals are identical ;D
Fantastic. Thanks for the feedback - that's great to hear from someone with actual hands-on experience with both products.

If I had the cash, I would have shelled out $600 for the earlier model of the Tigerz11 winch. I would have been cranky now, to learn that this BCF one is the same price, yet is the updated design.

Thanks very much Ropes - much appreciated. My wife will be cursing you very shortly, I would think...

Cheers!
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Porsche it's broken again
Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
I bought the tigerz11 grande
They do look the same and my guess they are the same all china built
But the controlller box on the tigerz11 seems to be far more durable and got the wireless remote with it
With the sale on I only paid $745 delivered and it has a 5 year warranty

I installed mine last week and took it out for a test run yesterday and it seems to do the job so which ever one you buy I think they are not a bad winch. They deffinately are not warns but for the amount I will use it I recon it should do the job

Offline Matto

• Hard Top Camper User
Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
Continuing on with the Cheap Winch thread, noticed this in the Supercheap catalog today :

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Ridge-Ryder-12-000Lb-12V-4WD-Recovery-Winch.aspx?pid=284085#Description

Looks identical to the BCF one (as you'd expect, since Supercheap own BCF), but cheaper again at $490.

I may need to go and see Bill...

Cheers!

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
Bugger as usual I think I have a good deal at $490.00 I could have bought a spare control box

Offline chisel

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Lifestyle Extenda 2012, Landcruiser 100 TD 2006
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
Thanks for the tip Matto.  I didn't know the Supercheap winches came with rope - perhaps that's a new thing.
Definitely a good deal ... now, how do I slip it past the handbrake...

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:15 PM »
Just did the math the one from supercheap looks the same as the tigerz11 but the control /solinoide is different the tiger one is fully sealed and made special for them and it comes with the wireless remote and 5 year warranty
So math bit supercheap winch $490 buy the control box from tigerz11 $175 plus wireless remote $50 off eBay

I'm back happy again :)