Author Topic: Help Needed to move my trailer 20 meters in Gladesville NSW  (Read 1590 times)

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
Help Needed to move my trailer 20 meters in Gladesville NSW
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:52:34 AM »
OMG, do I miss my 4x4 'bout now!!!

Most people will be aware that I am moving back to Alice and  am leaving Friday.

However, I have started loading my furniture trailer and my new tow tug (a Falcon) cannot get traction to move the trailer out of its parking spot at the bottom of my driveway.... so now I need some help from anyone willing to come around and hook up my rig and take it to the top of the drive.

I am willing to pay!!!!

the trailer is partially loaded (with lots of Shit that is way to time consuming to empty) so I am guessing it weighs about 1.2 tonne so far....  not much heavier than the average camper.

The complications is there is a 45 degree angle to negotiate as the trailer begins to exit its parking spot and to complete this relatively easy menuever the rear wheel of the car drops off the concrete into a small amount of garden - resulting in no forward progress. I am unable to get a "run up" as there is a fence close to the location as well!!!

Normally this particular obstacle has never bothered me because the Patrol just keeps moving.... big wheels. good tires etc.... but the falcon struggles and I am afraid that I may break something if I push it any harder.

Is any Myswagger able to assist me in the moving of the trailer before Thursday night? I am willing to compensate for your effort.

Please call me on 0420234991 if you can assist.

Many thanks for reading

cheers

Alby
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline Pete_R

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Help Needed to move my trailer 20 meters in Gladesville NSW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:47:44 AM »
Hi Alby,
I can help you. Will give you a call to arrange a time
cheers
Pete

2014 200 Series TTD V8 Land Cruiser VX with quite a few extras.
2015 Lotus Freelander 19'6" caravan. (Previously Complete Campsite Uluru XT 16 camper trailer)

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
Re: Help Needed to move my trailer 20 meters in Gladesville NSW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
thank you for your offer.. I actually gave the move a real gutsy go and apart from nearly ripping down the pole that holds up my shade sails, with a fair bit of tire spinning, smoke and a heap of noise, it came out..... just.

youre welcome to stop around for a coffee tho...  :cheers:
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!