Author Topic: Sand problem  (Read 12879 times)

Offline Muckinhell

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2014 Ecomate traveller forward fold.
Re: Sand problem
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »
As Darren suggested we use the same, some doubled over shade cloth but peg it down cause when you walk on it doubled up it can slip and give you a fright, also the baby powder is good if you end up camping near ants, just spinkle around the tyres jockey wheel or anywhere they can climb on you trailer and it keeps them off. been using it round the pergola uprights to stop the ants climbing up and making homes inside them.
2005 HDJ100r Sahara
Better to look at it, than for it!

Offline scrubber

• Swag User
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 09:47:23 PM »
We just use a single layer of shade cloth when we've been to Moreton Island, Inskip, Straddy etc.  A heck of a lot cheaper than Cgear and works just as good - good enough for us anyway.  I managed to score a roll of it from a demo yard for 20 bucks so I have heaps of the stuff.  We also have 2 rubber mats at the doorway, dustpan and brush (get the bulk of it off) then use Talcum powder.

“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
Just make sure you have a good look before you buy shadecloth from bunnings or wherever. I actually found it was cheaper to buy the Oztrail version of the Cgear (its the same sort of shadecloth stuff) than it was to get the  normal shadecloth. The Oztrail has the bonus of having a fully sewn edge with eyelets in it as well.
My Trailer Build
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=16864.0

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. - Julius Caesar

Offline LuckyDog

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 04:28:05 PM »
Just won on ebay a 5.2 x 2.4 m cgear for $200 so i'm 1 step closer to keeping the sand out :)
2016 Landcruiser GXL SC with Obieco Canopy
Kedron 2002 XC poptop
Don't use either as much as i like,
Would every Day be too much to ask tho?