Author Topic: The Kombi is Back!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
The Kombi is Back!
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »

"The Volkswagen Microbus is a classic – even to those of us born after its time. Arguably unlike the newly remade Beetle, this remake of a VW classic is remarkably true to the original on the outside – but on the inside it is a bio-diesel hybrid stuffed full of high tech gadgetry and eco-friendly innovations.

Named after its designer, the Verdier is not bogged down by its sustainability – it is a turbo-charged, solar-powered, GPS-enabled contemporary car with all the retro elegance of its predecessor plus even more space-manipulating tricks to make it a highly compact mobile home.

The roof pops up, two awnings pop out the sides, a fridge and freezer reside within alongside a home entertainment center and a table and stove set are built right into one of the doors. The hippie heritage of this ride combined with its restyling, added gadgetry and new technology should make it a hit."

Yay!  Always wanted a Kombi .. but now they are even kewler!  But I think they need to add this:

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
Re: The Kombi is Back!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/F996238D2C3A3F78CA257AA300186DA3

They must be converting existing vehicles no more Kombis after end of next year.A real shame

2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
The Kombi is Back!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
You could still buy a Kombi brand new in Brazil up until last month I believe.

Mind you it had a front mount radiator and obviously not air cooled

Edit: or I could have read the link above ^^^^
oops