Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 303142 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #825 on: June 24, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
Have another look at it.

I think you have missed the point....

You are correct, although it wasn't even making the second point I that I read into it, not being in VIC I didn't have the background of the aparent "they got it from the BLM rally/got it from family members" argument. Apparently the point is that it could actually be both.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #826 on: June 24, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »
You are correct, although it wasn't even making the second point I that I read into it, not being in VIC I didn't have the background of the aparent "they got it from the BLM rally/got it from family members" argument. Apparently the point is that it could actually be both.
I thought the point was that the kid got it from one of the nine infected schools and gave it to the poor innocent protesters.... ;D

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #827 on: June 24, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
This is why Qld should keep its borders shut...
Some people are just a waste of space..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-24/melbourne-passengers-head-to-sydney-despite-coronavirus-surge/12385370
why wouldnt they?? if there are flights going there, people are going to jump on em. If they really want it to stop, then stop the boats flights.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #828 on: June 24, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
After being tested, one is supposed to self isolate untill results are obtained.

I wonder how many of the 50,000 Vics tested in the last few days will self isolate.
That is, ISOLATE, in a room, on your own with no contact.
NOT,
swanning around the house with other family members.
not just hte 50,000 - how many in total?? I'd hazard a guess of <1%
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #829 on: June 24, 2020, 03:07:51 PM »
The virus will not truly be under control until a vaccine is developed....

:cheers:

The bubonic plague and the Spanish flu died out. Admittedly  over a few yrs, but  we in Australia are in the box seat for ridding ourselves of this earlier than a few yrs......but the self isolation rule is too lenient....maybe we have to enforce a 2 week quarantine like returned travellers ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #830 on: June 24, 2020, 03:42:21 PM »
why wouldnt they?? if there are flights going there, people are going to jump on em. If they really want it to stop, then stop the boats flights.

My point is if they feel it is so safe why the f are they donning face masks and full protective suit??  We are in hurry to see the kids in Vic but we would have to be mentally impaired to jump on a plane and head to Vic.  If NSW are happy to have the Vics visit...good on them.  They can have all the virus they get. The attitude of "I,m alright Jack" seems to be alive and well down South.  Just glad they are not jumping on planes to Qld.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #831 on: June 24, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »
Quote from: Bigfish
My point is if they feel it is so safe why the f are they donning face masks and full protective suit?? 

You've never been to Box Hill have you - thats standard issue for the last 13yrs I've been working in the area. They all wear masks.

edit: just to bring a few down to earth in their bubble of NSW

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6804913/ten-new-cases-of-covid-19-diagnosed-in-nsw-in-24-hours/?cs=12
Ten new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in NSW between 8pm on June 22 and 8pm on June 23.

It isnt going to go away.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:24:53 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #832 on: June 24, 2020, 04:24:27 PM »
You've never been to Box Hill have you - thats standard issue for the last 13yrs I've been working in the area. They all wear masks.

Yep. They've been wearing them in the CBD for years....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #833 on: June 24, 2020, 04:30:06 PM »

edit: just to bring a few down to earth in their bubble of NSW

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6804913/ten-new-cases-of-covid-19-diagnosed-in-nsw-in-24-hours/?cs=12
Ten new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in NSW between 8pm on June 22 and 8pm on June 23.

So I ask the question again, is it now time to say it's too late to come back in? You've had your chance, but at the moment the risk is too great.

Those 10 are people returning to Australia (Australian permanent residents or citizens) - they've known the risk for the last how many months?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #834 on: June 24, 2020, 04:40:51 PM »
Huge part of the problem- attitude.

In the meantime they were getting on with life while taking precautions.

Hannah Richardson, 33, who was returning to Melbourne after more than a week visiting her parents and brother in Croydon, in Sydney’s inner west, said NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian was "being a bit over-cautious".

"I think it was a little bit much," she said. "I mean, there's been a spike [in Victorian coronavirus cases], but it's not outrageous, right?

"Twenty new cases isn't a huge amount each day. So it's probably a little bit unnecessary."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/travellers-rattled-by-warnings-but-still-heading-to-and-from-victoria-20200624-p555s2.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #835 on: June 24, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »

Those are not numbers worth reporting....they are ALL in lockdown.....returned travellers.

I don't agree with travellers still coming in, but by law we have to let them back in.

I don't know the exact rules, but after the full 14 days of lockdown, they should then have another test before being allowed to leave. If that runs into 15 days or 16, before results are back, then so be it..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #836 on: June 24, 2020, 07:14:25 PM »
Community transferred numbers is what you need to worry about. Quarantined are controlled, community spread isnt.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #837 on: June 24, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
Those are not numbers worth reporting....they are ALL in lockdown.....returned travellers.

I don't agree with travellers still coming in, but by law we have to let them back in.

I don't know the exact rules, but after the full 14 days of lockdown, they should then have another test before being allowed to leave. If that runs into 15 days or 16, before results are back, then so be it..

Gronk, A couple of points on international arrivals of Australian and New Zealand passport holders. This applies for UK arrivals.
The Australian government had been repatriating citizens from the Uk twice weekly for a month or so. The last of these flights left the UK on Friday 5 June, a Dreamliner Qantas flight landing in Melbourne on the Saturday 6 June. Cost of a one way fare was $1600.
On arrival travellers are issued a detention notice from Border Forces and are taken to a hotel to complete 14 days quarantine.
While in quarantine detainees are subjected to 3 COVID tests, 1 one arrival, 1 mid stay and  1 prior to leaving after 14 days. Subject to passing those tests they are issued another notice that they must leave the quarantine facility and go there own way.
For some this may mean hoping on a domestic flight to their home state.
One arrival in their own state they are subject to the laws of that state. For a QLD resident this means either free to enter society or go home and isolate. How is this decided is subject to what the traveller did in the time following leaving detention but prior to flying home. If they proceeded to go straight to the airport and fly home, well they do not need to re isolate, if they stayed an additional night in Melbourne they will then need to isolate again, receiving a direction notice on arrival.

Seems like a pretty reasonable outcome and one that if your son, daughter, mother brother was caught up overseas because of circumstances and can benefit from I think you would agree that we have a grateful and caring society and not a selfish one.
As Glenn64 states I don’t think international arrivals are a problem and most likely won’t continue to be a huge problem as government repatriation flights stop and the  airline operators limit flights.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #838 on: June 24, 2020, 08:04:09 PM »
The last of these flights left the UK on Friday 5 June, a Dreamliner Qantas flight landing in Melbourne on the Saturday 6 June.

But we are getting flights every day from other parts of the world.

As per Glenm64, community transferred are the numbers we should be worried about, which NSW has had one for the last week.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #839 on: June 24, 2020, 08:12:55 PM »
You would have thought that  people who were caught out last time and labelled as fools, selfish and idiots would learn.  Nope....toilet paper is again being bought en mass!  Please , anyone....what is the bloody point of stocking up on dunny paper???
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #840 on: June 24, 2020, 08:27:13 PM »
It does appear the people hoarding toilet paper are full of Shit

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #841 on: June 24, 2020, 09:34:25 PM »
It does appear the people hoarding toilet paper are full of Shit

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #842 on: June 24, 2020, 10:11:53 PM »
Community transferred numbers is what you need to worry about. Quarantined are controlled, community spread isnt.
Except in Melbourne 2 security guards at 2 of the Quarantine hotels also caught it. They then took it home causing the community spread.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #843 on: June 25, 2020, 06:10:27 AM »
Except in Melbourne 2 security guards at 2 of the Quarantine hotels also caught it. They then took it home causing the community spread.

The big issue is simple.  Scientists just do not know enough about the virus. Its incubation period, rate of transfer, environmental needs, long lasting affect etc.etc..  far too many unknowns yet people treat it as a nothing virus that should be alright. I consider mankind to be a rather dumb species.  The behaviour of some people, politicians, social media posters and different sections of society bear testament to this.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #844 on: June 26, 2020, 10:38:24 AM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #845 on: June 26, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
Gronk, A couple of points on international arrivals of Australian and New Zealand passport holders. This applies for UK arrivals.
The Australian government had been repatriating citizens from the Uk twice weekly for a month or so. The last of these flights left the UK on Friday 5 June, a Dreamliner Qantas flight landing in Melbourne on the Saturday 6 June. Cost of a one way fare was $1600.
On arrival travellers are issued a detention notice from Border Forces and are taken to a hotel to complete 14 days quarantine.
While in quarantine detainees are subjected to 3 COVID tests, 1 one arrival, 1 mid stay and  1 prior to leaving after 14 days. Subject to passing those tests they are issued another notice that they must leave the quarantine facility and go there own way.
For some this may mean hoping on a domestic flight to their home state.
One arrival in their own state they are subject to the laws of that state. For a QLD resident this means either free to enter society or go home and isolate. How is this decided is subject to what the traveller did in the time following leaving detention but prior to flying home. If they proceeded to go straight to the airport and fly home, well they do not need to re isolate, if they stayed an additional night in Melbourne they will then need to isolate again, receiving a direction notice on arrival.

Seems like a pretty reasonable outcome and one that if your son, daughter, mother brother was caught up overseas because of circumstances and can benefit from I think you would agree that we have a grateful and caring society and not a selfish one.
As Glenn64 states I don’t think international arrivals are a problem and most likely won’t continue to be a huge problem as government repatriation flights stop and the  airline operators limit flights.
My cousin had to isolate at home when she returned from NZ right at the start of the lockdowns.
Was talking to her mum the other day and was very impressed with how strict they where with her, not letting her mingle with the rest of the family in the house at all for the whole 2 weeks.

Just heard there is currently 3000 people in isolation in Queensland today.
Only 800 of those are in hotels, the rest are in the community.

Maybe we are just doing a better job at following the rules then some other states.

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #846 on: June 26, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »
Sheesh,
              You'd need a cut lunch and a map for the walk from where you parked the car to get to that beach,
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #847 on: June 26, 2020, 07:51:00 PM »
My cousin had to isolate at home when she returned from NZ right at the start of the lockdowns.
Was talking to her mum the other day and was very impressed with how strict they where with her, not letting her mingle with the rest of the family in the house at all for the whole 2 weeks.

Just heard there is currently 3000 people in isolation in Queensland today.
Only 800 of those are in hotels, the rest are in the community.

Maybe we are just doing a better job at following the rules then some other states.

The 3000 will be interstate travellers and some who have already done isolation as detention in hotels interstate. The 800 will be  international arrivals.  Most international flights are coming through Victoria or NSW.

I had a laugh today when I seen a press conference from Qld today where people isolating at home were warned that the police will be doing checks on those people from MONDAY. Don’t want to ruin the budget with OT payments.  Beauty ofF to the beach on Saturday or Sunday.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #848 on: June 27, 2020, 08:19:23 AM »
Just crossed the Qld border with our pass towing the caravan and waved through the checkpoint.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #849 on: June 27, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Just crossed the Qld border with our pass towing the caravan and waved through the checkpoint.

Mark

Yep as long as the A is on show, just waved through, no checking.   It's just a joke.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan