Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302679 times)

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2020, 12:03:51 PM »
and Africa,

Was reading an article earlier (which I can't find now! :-[) that said that it has spread from ~6 African countries to ~34 of them in a matter of days :o

This won't be good :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2020, 12:18:56 PM »
It will affect the richer countries first, as they have more people who travel, it will then affect the poorer worse, as they are less able to deal with it.  :'(
In reality, we have only had a handful of deaths here so far, the biggest issues have been the hysteria from a populace who aren't used to dealing with adversity. Places in the third world are far more used to things like food shortages and hard times in general.
The following users thanked this post: wakychapmans

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2020, 04:39:54 PM »
It will affect the richer countries first, as they have more people who travel, it will then affect the poorer worse, as they are less able to deal with it.  :'(
In reality, we have only had a handful of deaths here so far, the biggest issues have been the hysteria from a populace who aren't used to dealing with adversity. Places in the third world are far more used to things like food shortages and hard times in general.

Agreed, the farmers and rural communities but be shaking their heads in utter disbelief at crazy s#1t going on in the supermarkets. Most of our rural cousins are pretty used to being isolated for a good stretch, but apparently you need a pallet of poo tickets to survive a weekend at home in the city  ??? Farmers must be wondering why they bother feeding us?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »
It’s going to be interesting to see how the government’s rental relief scheme is going to work. Lots of mum and dad investors have rental properties and may not be able to afford not having the rent coming in. Sure the banks will postpone repayments but the interest is still being charged and if tenants can’t pay up at some point, who is going to lose out - definitely won’t be the banks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2020, 06:38:02 PM »
I would honestly hate to be a PM or Premier in this current crisis, the pressure to get everything right to control the spread is near impossible.

My sister just flew in from overseas and all. She was told to self isolate for 14 days. She advised Singapore was doing temperature checks when transitting through there.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2020, 06:59:27 PM »
I would honestly hate to be a PM or Premier in this current crisis, the pressure to get everything right to control the spread is near impossible.

My sister just flew in from overseas and all. She was told to self isolate for 14 days. She advised Singapore was doing temperature checks when transitting through there.

Mark

I do not understand why we are not doing temperature checks.  We should also be allowed to get some of our super out to help with living now!!!  No good losing your house when your in your 40,s with 2 decades at least to go being homeless and on the street..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2020, 07:25:15 PM »
I do not understand why we are not doing temperature checks.  We should also be allowed to get some of our super out to help with living now!!!  No good losing your house when your in your 40,s with 2 decades at least to go being homeless and on the street..
I believe you can already get limited access to your super in times of hardship, for example to pay the interest on your mortgage.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2020, 07:30:42 PM »
I believe you can already get limited access to your super in times of hardship, for example to pay the interest on your mortgage.

Havent heard of it...any links?  Would be a game changer for many people..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2020, 07:39:27 PM »
Havent heard of it...any links?  Would be a game changer for many people..
Try this:
https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/Withdrawing-and-using-your-super/Early-access-to-your-super/

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2020, 09:02:06 PM »
  We should also be allowed to get some of our super out to help with living now!!! 

Hardship clause has always been there.
To make it easier to access super  ( this case is an exemption ) would let too many people waste their super, which in turn would put more people on the pension in later life, which puts more pressure on a govt to make it harder to get on the pension....like increase the pension age !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2020, 09:35:41 PM »
Agreed, the farmers and rural communities but be shaking their heads in utter disbelief at crazy s#1t going on in the supermarkets. Most of our rural cousins are pretty used to being isolated for a good stretch, but apparently you need a pallet of poo tickets to survive a weekend at home in the city  ??? Farmers must be wondering why they bother feeding us?
Been watching the reports about the recent rains in western NSW and the farmers finally having something to smile about.

They spoke to one lady the other morning who was kicking herself for not getting into the panic buying thing sooner.
Apparently she popped down to the shops to do a normal top up of bog roll only to find the Bush was suffering from the same stupidity as the city. :(
I gathered it was something like a couple of hundred km trip for her to find some for the family.

Offline Bigpickle

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2020, 09:57:25 PM »
I reckon that, within the next 3 months, we'll see lotsa boats, campers, caravans and 4x4's on Gumtree and Facebook, for sale.

Could pick up a real bargain.

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »
The separation thing is a bit of a joke all seems a bit half baked.

Just drove past Bunnings, car park is packed. Went to a butchers to grab something for tea & the lemmings are packed in there like sardines trying to get to the counter to get stuff. Was able to grab what I wanted from the display case & bolt.

This butcher normally trades Sundays but had signs up saying not enough stock to open tomorrow.

Just saw a headline that the beaches are packed. Not sure where they were referring to.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2020, 12:08:58 PM »
Quote from: Bigpickle
I reckon that, within the next 3 months, we'll see lotsa boats, campers, caravans and 4x4's on Gumtree and Facebook, for sale.

Could pick up a real bargain.
agree. all sorts of toys will be just about given away
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2020, 12:10:19 PM »
The separation thing is a bit of a joke all seems a bit half baked.

Just drove past Bunnings, car park is packed. Went to a butchers to grab something for tea & the lemmings are packed in there like sardines trying to get to the counter to get stuff. Was able to grab what I wanted from the display case & bolt.

This butcher normally trades Sundays but had signs up saying not enough stock to open tomorrow.

Just saw a headline that the beaches are packed. Not sure where they were referring to.
Bondi
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2020, 12:11:55 PM »
Bondi

Bondi’s  just been closed

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
All out getting lots of healthy sun and fresh air to fight the onset of the dreaded virus   https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coronavirus-and-the-sun-a-lesson-from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065
Locals around here just arnt getting it through their thick heads either . Ignoring new regulations on crowd gaps etc,  pub on the QLD side of the border last night was packed virtualy shoulder to shoulder ..
Had the boys in Blue doing compliance checks on pubs / clubs etc on the NSW side for the new regulated spacing and allocated patron numbers for venue zones .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:24:03 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2020, 12:26:32 PM »

Just had a look at the GC Coast Cams, & while there are a few people on the beach, I certainly wouldn't call them packed, or even crowded!
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2020, 08:43:10 PM »
Went to Sandgate foreshore for a run this morning, was expecting it to be quite as Park Runs have been cancelled.

Bloody hell I couldn’t get a car park where I normally park....the place was teaming with people, seemed a whole lot more than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2020, 09:34:44 PM »
One good thing coming out of this drama is knowing how our leaders and health professionals rate teachers high on the "who cares if they die" list.
Children can carry the virus a couple of days before showing symptoms, if they show them at all, but it's okay to send them to school to either infect the teachers so they get the disease or take it home to their families.
A class of 30 kids in a 42m2 classroom does not equate to a safe distance.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2020, 07:27:04 AM »
One good thing coming out of this drama is knowing how our leaders and health professionals rate teachers high on the "who cares if they die" list.
Children can carry the virus a couple of days before showing symptoms, if they show them at all, but it's okay to send them to school to either infect the teachers so they get the disease or take it home to their families.

The school thing has gone pretty illogical on FB from what I have seen, would hate to see the same here. Put simply, they have classed school as essential, as they have work. The 4m per person was specifically to do with non essential gatherings.
The following users thanked this post: GeoffA

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2020, 08:30:29 AM »

It is estimated that 30% of the medical workforce would be affected if all the kids were sent home.. Many people also rely on elderly grand parents to look after the kids during work hours.  Kid being kids would also mean many would ignore the isolation and roam anyway. Once again crime would go up and this is a given during any school break!.  Kids are a lot more tolerant to the virus than the elderly and very little chance of a death from the virus. If you were going to stop the kids from going to school, in my opinion, you would shut down everything, except essential services for 2 weeks as well. Completely ban people on the streets and use cops as well as army to police.  Fed govt MUST have a money package available to help business and individuals.. The big cities are where the virus is spreading....must be peoples ignorance or stupidity in cities that cause the rise in cases. Its not hard to self isolate and only go out if absolutely necessary..i.e...to stock up with more food/medicines.  Going to the beach/pub/cafe  is just dumb as far as I,m concerned.  Its about time the young bullet proof twats who carry on as though they are completely bullet proof pulled their heads in and though of others in the community.
 :cheers:
Some will agree, some wont