Author Topic: Selling a Car in regional vic or metro  (Read 2121 times)

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
Selling a Car in regional vic or metro
« on: January 28, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
Hey fellow swaggers a bit of a random question for you but my family and I are moving to regional vic for work and I will be getting a company vehicle so will be passing my ranger to the misses to drive and selling her 2012 Diesel Forester, I was wondering if there would be any difference in value selling her vehicle in regional vic (Wimmera Region) or selling it in metro Melbourne where we are in the south eastern suburbs?

Cheers

Luke

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Selling a Car in regional vic or metro
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 10:25:51 AM »
More buyers in MEL, having to travel to view a car might put off buyers unless they're super keen.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 10:33:37 AM »
Quote from: lukeycat
Hey fellow swaggers a bit of a random question for you but my family and I are moving to regional vic for work and I will be getting a company vehicle so will be passing my ranger to the misses to drive and selling her 2012 Diesel Forester, I was wondering if there would be any difference in value selling her vehicle in regional vic (Wimmera Region) or selling it in metro Melbourne where we are in the south eastern suburbs?

Car yards are having issues finding stock - in the city.. so I would guess rural would be the same. But as Jamie says - more buyers in the big smoke.

Used cars are worth diamonds at the moment - it will sell before your ready to sell it!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »
Car yards are having issues finding stock - in the city.. so I would guess rural would be the same. But as Jamie says - more buyers in the big smoke.

Used cars are worth diamonds at the moment - it will sell before your ready to sell it!

Hope so @Bird the cash injection would be nice on the mortgage thats for sure :)