Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Moya

• Swag User
Howdy
« on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:57 AM »
G'day all  ;D

I am from south west Vic near Warrnambool and will be buying a hard floor camper trailer in the next few months. I am currently pretty set on a Rover from Mars campers because it ticks all the boxes for the wife and I really like it too. Haven't seen one in person yet but the pics are impressive for the price. The main thing for me is they have dealer back up in Warrnambool who has been great to a mate who has a Vanguard from the same company. Will be towed around by our 2010 Pajero named Pluto which is a great rig so far.

We previously had a Travelander slide on on top of a Patrol a few years back. Loved it but we had a few warranty issues and they were very hard to get fixed and it was just too heavy for the ute. We decided that we didn't need all the bells and whistles because we were in our 20's so we sold it and bought a double swag, a big esky and a rodeo and got out and really enjoyed our camping!!

Now we have a little one so have decided a CT is the way to go for us now. The next big trip for us will be in Feb for a mates wedding and will take 2 weeks off to have a bit of a look around the state and hopefully have a CT to do it in.

So far we have seen all the peninsula's in SA, the wine regions, Oodnadatta track and the flinders,  both sides of the McDonnel ranges, The coast of Vic and a few bits in between and around. Would like to get to the high country and to do the drive to WA in the next few years.

So that's a bit about me  :D

Offline Trailer Bloke

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • You never know what's around the corner
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:03:04 AM »
G'day Moya enjoy the forum good luck on the C T.
Cheers Jon
Toyota Kluger towing a Ezytrail Tarwin http://gallery.myswag.org/gallery/v/Trailer+Bloke/

KingBilly

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »
G'day and welcome to myswag.

Try to get to a few camping shows to compare different makes and models in the metal.  Glossy brochures and slick websites don't always show the whole picture.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Moya

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 04:02:02 PM »
Yeah have been to a few shows for a look. After sales service is one of the biggest factors for me when buying something new and because I  can get this brand close it works well with me. I  know there are very similar trailers for a better price but if I  have to drive 3hrs to get something fixed its not worth it. Will have a good look at it before I go ahead with it tho. I do like to fix things myself but it usually takes 3 times as long and costs 2wice as much!!