Author Topic: Hey there.....new around here and have some questions.  (Read 2790 times)

Offline DeanneO

• Learning the Ropes
Hey there.....new around here and have some questions.
« on: January 31, 2015, 05:44:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

Hubby and I spent 2 1/2 years on the road when your boys were younger and loved it. The kids are now 12, 10, and 8 and we've decided to tie up all our loose ends this year and head back out there indefinitely, as from April next year.

When we traveled last time, we were in a caravan, but this time, the kids are older and we want to camper trailer it. So I was wondering if you all had any knowledge of Ezytrail campers and their durability when used continuously? Is there anyone else out there travelling with older kids and how do you find it? Oh and is work relatively easy to find?

I'm sure there'll be loads more questions as the months tick by, but that's it for now. Thanks for having me here.

Deanne

KingBilly

Re: Hey there.....new around here and have some questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »
G'day Deanne and welcome to myswag.

Living under canvas full time with kids will not be easy, even though the kids are older.  Will the kids be in thier own tents or swags?

Ezytrail are an imported camper and are manufactured to a price.  Be aware you may need to spend a few dollars to get them up to spec but as long as you are aware of their shortcomings up front, they are a value for dollar camping option.

Happy camping
KB

Offline DeanneO

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »
Thanks KingBilly,

The eldest will tent by himself as we feel he'll be old enough by the time we go. The younger two will be in with us in the camper. We're planning on a camper that has a "kid's room" that we can set up for longer stays.

At the moment we seem to be leaning towards getting a second hand Aussie camper, but had been looking at the Ezytrail as they get pretty good reviews. My biggest concern with them is how they'd handle being put up and taken down daily. There's a big difference in the durability of a camper that's being used daily and one that gets used 6 times a year.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
Welcome DeanneO have a look at this trip report, it should give you a few tips http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=40961.msg675045#msg675045
 :cheers: :cheers:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"