Author Topic: G'Day from another newby  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Happy trails

• Learning the Ropes
  • Rodney Rodeo and trackabout safari
G'Day from another newby
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Jason and live in Perth. Have a young family and enjoy getting away in the ct as much as possible. Have a 2006 Trackabout Safari which we are more than happy with. Either use the RA Tdi Rodeo or the wife's Tdi 120series for tug duties.
Cheers :cheers:
Jason

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: G'Day from another newby
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
Welcome to myswag Jason, post pics of your 120 :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Smacca

• Learning the Ropes
  • Off road is the only road
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »
Welcome jason i to am a newbie that also has a D4D 120 with a few extras we love, it happy trails

Cheers Shawn

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »
Welcome aboard Jason! - Feel free to get some pics of the Trackabout up under the My Camper section if you can :)

Offline Happy trails

• Learning the Ropes
  • Rodney Rodeo and trackabout safari
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »
Nothing flash about our Playdo D4D. It's stock as a rock. We bought it new but I've always had company dual cabs up until now so never really had to put the good gear on the Prado. D4D hilux, then a D40 navara but then came the gfc and now a taxi, sorry falcon.

I spoke to the mrs regarding taking the prado for fishing and off road duties. This was met with words I never thought I'd hear her say and threats of ..... Well you get the picture so I picked up a RA tdi d/c rodeo for the boys weekends away. I'm a realist and it is what it is but it has been set up well by the previous owner including an ally trademate style box on a 3/4 length tray which is big enough to sleep in, plus 2 x 120amp/hr battery's, rhino racks to pull a tinny onto, led lighting, dp chip and the usual 4wd extras. It had only clocked 100k also.

Luxabout - I saw the pics of your Trackabout in your threads when you were having it built. It's a very tidy rig for sure. I should have some pics from sharks bay last July I will be able to put up at some stage. I purchased out trackabout over here in the west, second hand, but it had Queensland plates so was not here for very long. It had been very well looked after.

Cheers
Jason

KingBilly

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »
Welcome Jason.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »
G'day Jason,

To MySwag,
The Minister for War & Finance will come around after you take her for a nice gentle trip somewhere  ;D
Maybe a group outing with other Myswaggers, I'm sure you guys in Perth could get together locally some where so you can get the Tug Off road gently  ;D, just a thought.
Happy & Safe travels.
 :cheers:

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)