Author Topic: Pet Hates Whilst Travelling with your C/T  (Read 14739 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Pet Hates Whilst Travelling with your C/T
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
... and have driven through that speed camera at 100kph(when ever I get the chance) and never been booked. Why do people slow down for it? Then at the first overtaking lane heading south, yep everyone speeds up to 110kph+.
I guess there would other places around the country the same.
every fixed camera on earth they do that...
every overtaking lane on earth they do that...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
every fixed camera on earth they do that...
every overtaking lane on earth they do that...
Don't know, cause, the one at Wardel, just south of Ballina, nobody seems to slow for it,motorist seem to speed up for it, another one is on the Tweed Valley Bypass. One they do slow for it the one at the bottom of St Helena, near The Bay.
The one the Hardwood bridge, they have to now, It's a work zone and will be for a long time to come as the duplicate the bridge across the Clarence River.
Haven't seen many slow down for the ones on the Freeway between Fingal/Kings Cliff and Brissy.
I can't comment on the ones south of Grafton, I don't travel that road, about once every two years.
I don't understand why H'way patrol cop cars have to be bright colours. They stand out like Dog Dusters.
That's just advertizing their presence.
Bring back the 'Pigs In Space'
 :laugh:

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »
Just thought of another pet hate.
Anyone that travels the Pathetic H'Way, knows the speed camera at The old Tick Gates at New Italy.
Everybody is happily traveling at 100kph, as soon as the camera is in sight everyone drops to 80kph.
I have traveled that road for nearly 30 years, and have driven through that speed camera at 100kph(when ever I get the chance) and never been booked. Why do people slow down for it? Then at the first overtaking lane heading south, yep everyone speeds up to 110kph+.
I guess there would other places around the country the same.
 :cheers:

Mate, they can't read- it says AVERAGE speed camera!!! Currently designed to catch speeding truckies between Harwood Is. bridge & New Italy, but it won't be long when it starts fining all vechicles
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:05:55 PM by HEM19X »
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Flemo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
Quote from: Hairs link=topic=23893.msg371259#msg371259 date=
The one the Hardwood bridge, they have to now, It's a work zone and will be for a long time to come as the duplicate the bridge across the Clarence River.
Nah mate that is just to get it up out of the floods at interchange, bridge duplication is 5 yrs away at best, will be last thing on the hwy between coffs and ballina to dupe that ol girl!
I follow trucks thru there regularly and they slow down from serpentine to let the time pass. Listened to two the other week count down the seconds half way across the bridge then they floored it. Not sure how they police it now with devils pulpit speed zones tho.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
Nah mate that is just to get it up out of the floods at interchange, bridge duplication is 5 yrs away at best, will be last thing on the hwy between coffs and ballina to dupe that ol girl!
Cheers mate,
I was given the wrong info the other day then by a bloke who's been working on the barge at the bridge, He does like a smoke as well  :D

Offline gacoxd

• Tent User
  • You wring your hands, I'll roll up my sleeves ...
Pet Hates Whilst Travelling with your C/T
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »
Why not winch some gates out on closed tracks whilst you are at it ::)

Sorry. No. Definitely not legitimate ones.  My beef has only ever been with "self appointed" guardians.
2011 Navara STX-550
2011 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
I don't understand why H'way patrol cop cars have to be bright colours. They stand out like Dog Dusters.
That's just advertizing their presence.
whats the first thing people do when they see a cop car?? slow down.. bright colours are great gives the impression that there are millions of them on the road (specially when they are having a BLITZ "WE WILL BE OUT IN FORCE"...._)when theres really only 3.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 01:41:14 PM »
I can see the reasoning behind that, but why not have unmarked cars?
Motorists would not who was a copper or not.
I asked for H'way Patrol to have an unmarked car come and sit in amongst the cars parked at our local school, some parents drive like idiots, and others use the street in front of the school as a short cut through town.
Atm, the H'way patrol sits in full view, so someone from some 300 meters away can see them like a pimp on a nose.
Also, when one parent sees the car, they phone everyone else to let them know.
The Copper told me,
We can't have a patrol car sit in amongst the cars around the school because that is 'Entrapment' and having the car visible stops people from speeding.

I asked him, isn't better to have motorists think that there isn't a patrol car is around the school, Oh what a surprise when they get pinged.
He told me that it is better to have a car visible so nobody speeds, this is proactive Policing.
I told it him it was BS policing.
In 30 0dd years,
I've been fined once for speeding.
Once for overtaking across double yellow lines.
Once for not having my licence on me,
And once for Noisy exhaust due to management of vehicle. ???
Now, I'm not saying that I don't break the road rules or speed.
 :angel:

Offline vk2ss55

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
What about when there's an overtaking lane so you pull over to the left . When it comes time to merge some peanut who's overtaking , obviously with the cruise control on , gradually comes alongside you and you're forced to brake at the end of the mergin lane to pull in behind him .
Cheers
Ross

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
I get really frustrated when you spend months planning and saving for a family trip, finally get on the road and come across some d&#k head in a rush through a regional town/hwy who has to pass you into no gap an slam on the breaks so they don't hit the ass of the car in front only to arrive at the next traffic light!
Also all of the above. I don't if some idiot wants to wipe themselves out being impatiant or stupid but when they put your family in danger,that becomes frustrating.
A couple of years ago we were towing a trailer between Macky and QLD. A bloke driving from Sydney to Townsville non-stop went to sleep and side swiped our new Patrol ($30 000 damage)
Landcruiser 200 TTD GXL with a few goodies & campomatic camper

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 03:40:01 AM »
What about the pesky3% that just wont see eye to eye with anybody . In almost every survey there they are stuffing up the figures . There they are poping their 3% heads up just to be differant , Is just a small group of us , no them that are out there  >:D       :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust