Author Topic: Second hand Trackabout for sale.  (Read 6956 times)

Offline Sawed-Off

• Tent User
Re: Second hand Trackabout for sale.
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 09:17:02 AM »
What year was it advertised in the Cairns Post?

Didn't state a year. Advert is
Camper Trailer Off road 4x4 Trackabout full annexe, fold out kitchen, good cond $5500 ono. 0417195785

Sounds like Bongo's trailer will be a bit closer for you and is within spitting distance of the price of this one. Personally, I prefer the Safari to the Deluxe. Good luck with your search.  :cheers:
Matt.

Rootin', Tootin', & Shootin'. It's the Cowboy Way.

'97 HZJ80R Land Cruiser Dual Cab
'05 Tambo "The Cooper" : Nights used - 2015: 13  2014: 34  2013: 36  2012: 31

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
Perhaps I am wrong, but I have always worked on the premise that a quote is a quote is a quote.  If I state a price, then I stick with it, and if a deposit is paid on something, and I accept the deposit, then I am actually legally obligated to honour the deposit.  That is in a business sense anyway, I would have thought if someone accepts a deposit, they have entered into a legal contract, whether paper be signed or not.  Taking the deposit on the CT would have meant some form of obligation surely.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
Hi Peoples,
I would like to comment on this and say that at no way when I posted up the add for sale or at any other point since posting have I had any thing to do with the sale/non sale of the said trailer. I do not know the people who had the trailer up for sale. I saw the add and I thought that some one on this forum may want a cheep Trackabout. Please do not and I will admit that no one has, hold me responsible in any way.

Thanks and cheers duggie
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline outbackjack

• Swag User
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
Duggie

No you did the right thing. I do think these people may be genuine, however I never seen the add, It took a while to get a suggested build date of around Sept 05, about 7  years old. That made a difference to me. I wanted the extended drawbar and also was happy that they couldnt get a picture of the VIN for me as it was too hard to get out of the shed?