Author Topic: Road conditions and camping sites Condo to Menindi Lakes ?  (Read 1433 times)

Offline rickdoran

• Learning the Ropes
Road conditions and camping sites Condo to Menindi Lakes ?
« on: April 01, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
What are the road conditions beside the trans continental railway line access road between Condoblin and Roto, Ivanhoe to Menindi Lakes ?

Suggested camping areas along the way ?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:49:38 PM by BigJules »

Offline cheif carlos

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Road conditions and camping sites Condo to Menindi Lakes ?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »
I travelled it 3 years ago, at the time it was a nice change from the blacktop. it usually is fairly well kept but with the rain I can guarantee that the Menindee Ivanhoe road will be badly cut up as the CDSC (central darling shire council) can only fix so many roads. expect that 200ks of dirt to be travelled at around 60-80kmph if your luckily. CDSC do have a roads closed number which is a recorded message that I use to have on a speed dial number 08 8091 5155 (south Aust. numbers go to Darling river) or web site http://www.centraldarling.nsw.gov.au/index.php?option=com_jentlacontent&view=category&id=1524&Itemid=2032
, they do give info if they consider that the road is dangerous, closed etc.

from Ivanhoe east the road I think is looked after by the railways and is considered a work site so you may get into trouble for driving on it. I found this out after I had been on it.

camping..... I did find a spot on the edge of a creek/river somewhere around Euabalong, always thought it would be nice to stop at.

One last thing with the water coming down the darling- don't know where it is, may have already past this can hamper the access as it can flood areas you would not think would flood.

Need to get the backside into gear and get out camping