Author Topic: SEQ Tent manufacturer  (Read 2318 times)

Offline mike.c

• Sleeping Bag User
SEQ Tent manufacturer
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:09:15 AM »
Morning all.

We were planning on getting our new tropical roof and awning walls for the Christmas getaway, however Jason from Crazy Dog canvas called me yesterday to say he has been swamped with orders from camper trailer manufacturers that have to be delivered before Christmas and can't do the job.

Wondering if there might be a tent manufacturer in SE QLD anywhere between G and S coasts or even maybe out to Toowoomba if need be that I might call to see if they can fit us in?

Offline jwb

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: SEQ Tent manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:11 AM »
You have picked a bad time of the year!
But you could try
OSKI Canvas
Moss st Slacks Creek
Warren & Crew do their stuff well
"No affiliation" Just a happy repeat customer!
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Jwb

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 08:54:52 AM »
Quote from: mike.c
... he has been swamped with orders from camper trailer manufacturers that have to be delivered before Christmas
as JWB said, bad time of year.. You'd probably expect them all to suffer this with only 4-6 weeks to go...

I'd say grab a phone and ring around
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
I recently had a Zip fixed on our Camper Trailer from a Company at Redcliffe and I had to wait 4 weeks before they could fit me in. But as mentioned ring around as someone might have a cancelation and can fit you in. 

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:17:21 AM »
You could try D&D Canvas in Diamond Valley, Sunshine Coast. He's a semi retired guy who does really good work from home.

0409 616 597
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »
You could try D&D Canvas in Diamond Valley, Sunshine Coast. He's a semi retired guy who does really good work from home.

0409 616 597
I came here to recommend the same guy.

A mate recently got a full set of sides made up for his huge awning on his massive rolling road block of a caravan...  :-*

Obviously I'm not a fan of the van, but the new sides looked great.  ;D

Offline mike.c

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I'll make some calls.

For sure it's a bit of an ask at this time of year, I've been working on the design for quite a while and only recently installed the frame supports.

In the end it's not teh end of the world, we can run with what we've got over Christmas it's just a bit of a dogs breakfast to set up.

Cheers

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
I came here to recommend the same guy.

A mate recently got a full set of sides made up for his huge awning on his massive rolling road block of a caravan...  :-*

Obviously I'm not a fan of the van, but the new sides looked great.  ;D

Yep. He made us a complete enclosed annex for our Aussie Swag and did a brilliant job  :cup:
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
You can try Dal's Canvas in Monte St Slacks Creek Ph- 0439 804 780.... but I reckon he'll be busy.
He repaired my Kimberleys zippers without removing the tent from the trailer (everyone else I rang said the tent needed to come off), he also apparently does custom work for Lifestyle Campers which are across the road from him, and he wanted to charge me bugger all for the work he did for me, so I paid him abit extra as i thought the price he said was to cheap for the total time he spent on my trailer.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline mike.c

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 06:33:33 AM »
We are booked in. Thanks all for the options, in the end we had little choice and accepted a quote from Northern Canvas and Vinyl in Capalaba.

Oski Slacks creek were booked out with OEM trailer manufacturers orders, D&D canvas doesn't do anything other than awnings so wouldn't take the job but referred me to a mate of his who could do it but unfortunately he was also too busy.

I have had some small bits and pieces done by Northern Canvas previously and couldn't fault their workmanship, although at the time I was a little surprised at the cost. I guess anything bespoke or custom is expensive and so even though the quote for the new tropical roof and awning walls made me reach for a chair at least they can do it before Christmas.

Oh well it's only money...