Author Topic: Show us your bike (bicycle)  (Read 489015 times)

Offline Meken

• Tent User
Re: Show us your bike (bicycle)
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2014, 10:09:31 PM »

My good MTB generally won't go camping, not secure enough. I recently bought this beauty for $15 with 90's purple anodised goodness.

Bit of a shame the grey tyres were past it, been replaced now. Found some old v brakes to upgrade with and put some new grips on. All good for hauling the littlest around in a trailer, or on the bub seat on the back depending on the weather. Bigger kids can pedal themselves.

The 20yo steel road bike (commuter), try hard hipster fixie(Friday commuter), 2 MTBs (SS or XC weapon) will stay home for most trips keeping the garage warm.
I've got a beautiful purple wheeler - but no grey tyres! Still goes well ( even with a 15yr riding hiatus)

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2014, 10:10:29 PM »
Just flats mate. I have to use this as a "family" cruiser too. So I didn't want to have to wear special shoes just to do a 20km ride with the misses and kids.
If I get my other frame built it will be a general purpose bike, but so far this one seems to be a really good all rounder. I'm really looking forward to finding some good single tracks. I think I'll have to join a club as I don't know anyone around here that rides those.

Cheers
Evo

nice...
when i got my 2014 trance last year they threw in both flats and the lockouts, used the locks in the bush once but even though i am pretty bike fit i just find them unsettling in technical stuff here in the bush
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline evolution

• Pain is just weakness leaving the body
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
nice...
when i got my 2014 trance last year they threw in both flats and the lockouts, used the locks in the bush once but even though i am pretty bike fit i just find them unsettling in technical stuff here in the bush

Yeah, with the discount I got on it, I wasn't getting any freebies. Lol they did give me a shock pump though.  :cup:
I don't mind lockins when doing a really technical down hill, but for general single trail I don't really need them. (no where near good enough to go fast enough lol)

I scored pretty well with this one, Its a 00 model. Apparently its a special release bike for Australia only. As you probably know 0 is usually the highest spec they do, but they had some special thing going on so they released the 00 with full Sram carbon XO set. I only got this as they actually price matched another bike shop on a DEMO!! lol I told them I was looking at a demo and just asked them what the best price they could do on the new one they had on the floor was. He asked me how much the demo was and then came back 10 min later and said he would match it! lol I was stoked and impulse bought it ...... just don't tell the wifey lol

Cheers
Evo
Owner at Regional Campers
Explore a different world!

Offline Meken

• Tent User
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »
My fondriest - goes like a cut cat! Full carbon frame, ultegra gear - it's feeling a bit unloved at the moment :(

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
I have one of these ;D
BSA 20 CIRCA 1950s/60s
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline ScottT

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Random acts of kindness without expectations
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »
nice...

Clipless pedals is the term, even though you are clipped in !

Cheers

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-m520-clipless-spd-mtb-pedals/rp-prod3759
2005 Toyota Prado 1KZ 120 Series
2008 Customline 12ft Deluxe Off Road

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »
My new steed  :cup:

Rides awesome! Really looking forward to taking on Hunchback hill this weekend.  ;D
Its a Giant Trance X 29er 00. Full sram XO carbon 2x20 groupset, XO 4 piston hydraulic brakes, Carbon headstem and bars, Dropper seat post, Air forks/shock, DT swiss rims.

You know for a bloody expensive bike it didn't come with any pedals???
I added a couple of creature comforts, JetBlack saddle bag, Surefire LED lamp (its brighter than the navaras headlights lol)
Topeak Iglow rear fender, chuckblocker front fender, Giant Magnesium sealed bearing MTB pedals, and a bonnieger computer.

I have had Sram X9 groupsets on my last couple of bikes and I thought they were the ducks nutz but the X0 is a different ball game! Its super precise and so far impossible to get a wrong shift. That and the X0 brakes are endo educing.

Cheers
Evo

Very nice Evo. I walked up Hunchback about a month ago and couldn't believe what they've done. Looks awesome. Ironically, recovering from a shoulder reco from a bike stack so if I still have my nerve I will have to give it a go . Picked up a Dainese full body armour set for 30 bucks at a weekend garage sale in Wodonga so might have to wear that too.
Raider
Don't live a life of going-to-do's and die with nothing done

Offline johnyd

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
Umm, hopefully that doesn't come out as oversized as it looks in the reply box...

Mine is a Trek Xcalibre-8
Use it just for riding around the farm for fitness, was planning on commuting but found my fitness lacking and my commodore small for lugging it back and forth between when I stay in town or stay at the farm, so it has stayed on the farm.

Offline evolution

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »
Very nice Evo. I walked up Hunchback about a month ago and couldn't believe what they've done. Looks awesome. Ironically, recovering from a shoulder reco from a bike stack so if I still have my nerve I will have to give it a go . Picked up a Dainese full body armour set for 30 bucks at a weekend garage sale in Wodonga so might have to wear that too.
Raider

Cheers Mate,
I haven't been up there since the new tails have been finished. Looking forward to it though  :cup:
That's a pretty good pickup for the body armour, its amazing what you can find at a garage sale! are you based in Wodonga?
Should go for a trail if you want?

Cheers
Evo

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:59 PM »
Cheers Mate,
I haven't been up there since the new tails have been finished. Looking forward to it though  :cup:
That's a pretty good pickup for the body armour, its amazing what you can find at a garage sale! are you based in Wodonga?
Should go for a trail if you want?

Cheers
Evo

Yeah I am. I will come and say g'day at the Camping show. Eco mate stand i assume , looking at another thread. I won't be riding for a while - haven't worked since Anzac day and still a way off. Thank god for income protection.
Raider
Don't live a life of going-to-do's and die with nothing done

Offline evolution

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
Yeah I am. I will come and say g'day at the Camping show. Eco mate stand i assume , looking at another thread. I won't be riding for a while - haven't worked since Anzac day and still a way off. Thank god for income protection.
Raider

Too easy mate, and yep that will be me  ;D
I know the feeling, I have had a couple of reco's on my right shoulder. It gets better though.

Cheers
Evo

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
My old Rapallo racing bike. I have just got it going again, after gluing some new Maxxis Forza strips (tyres for the noobs) onto my race wheels. Gave it s hit out the other weekend, with the bunch I ride with and other tham being rougher and only 12sp, I lost nothing to the quick blokes.  :)

019 Ishawata tubing with Sugino 54-44 cranks, Shimano 600 running gear and brakes. The cluster is a straight 6, 13-18t Regina and bar end shifters.  8)

Foo
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:52:05 PM by Foo »
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
My fondriest - goes like a cut cat! Full carbon frame, ultegra gear - it's feeling a bit unloved at the moment :(

Nice!  8)

Foo

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
Now with toe clips and the old Detto Piettro shoes.

A bonus on todays ride was meeting a forum member.

Foo

Offline Footloose

• Tent User
  • Bush or Beach what a choice
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
Foo
Loved seeing the old steelie in the flesh.
Goes pretty well too.I will have to start 
some sprint training again before my
next ride up on Bribie.Will be back up to
Bribie in a couple of weeks.

Cheers Miles
2013 Isuzu DMax LSM
2014 Jayco Journey Outback pop-top
17.55 ready to tour

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »
Yeah good to see you Miles and a couple of the other blokes said you're strong, so it will come back to you.  ;)

The young guns should be back for the ride then and they will test us out a wee bit. Pain is good!  ;D

Foo

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »
Freakish, both the riding and the fact it is one take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ud5T5I4XcA
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: Foo

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2015, 08:56:26 AM »
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »
this was my Muru Cycles Witjira Trail fatbike at Witjira National Park in 2013 on the way out to the start of the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge.

I've since sold it to one of the medical staff from the event that raced it in 2014.

But I'll be building a new one (hopefully next month) with updated frame and this time with a Rohloff XL rear hub (internally geared with 14 speeds) plus a Rock Shox Bluto fork up front and tubeless fat wheels and 4.8" tyres.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:09:35 AM by MuruCycles »
Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2015, 11:03:43 AM »
now these are not strictly pics of "my" bike.

They're from my good friend Lynton who just last month rode the Hay River Track on one of our bikes.

(this was his "warm-up" ride for this years Simpson Desert Bike Challenge... last year he rode part of the Canning' as a warm-up)

I just thought that the pics were bloody awesome.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:08:01 AM by MuruCycles »
Wayne & Kyria Chapman
The following users thanked this post: Foo

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
Bought the missus a crossover today, for family rides on bike paths/trails etc., pick it up tomorrow.

I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline dirtpilot

• Tent User
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
I don't like to peddle. 8)

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2015, 01:21:18 AM »
Specialized rockhopper.

Sorry, no photo,
Still in the bag after I shipped it home from Italy, via UK, originally from US.

That bike has been around the place with me so many times, I can't bare to part with it for a new model.

Must get it back together again soon.

Maybe this post will kick me into touch.!
Sounds like me.
Ive got a specialized hard rock that ive dragged around the world with me i cant bare to part with either.
I got it new for just under 3 grand in 2001.
Its an awsum bike and riding anything else just feels like crap in comparison

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2015, 08:15:48 AM »
the bike in the pic is/was my old 1988 Mongoose IBOC Pro. Set it up for touring. In 92' I went most of the way 'round the country.

This pic is from 95'. You can probably guess where. (21 days from Cairns to the tip)

The ole' Mongoose had a cro-moly steel frame and fork, custom made cro-moly racks front and rear and never let me down.

Wayne & Kyria Chapman

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2015, 09:33:34 PM »
The missus e-bike she's had for about 15 months now although it cost $950 pickup back then but alas the Aussie $ by the looks-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Leitner-Electric-Ebike-Bicycle-City-Bike-250W-10Ah-Lithium-2Yrs-Warranty-/181520261578?hash=item2a437361ca:g:LKoAAMXQfvlSev94
She likes the daily exercise coupled with the metro range for the change of scenery. Only thing makes her really nervous for some reason is the lycra lads slipstreaming her up the bike paths when they want a bit of a rest  ;D
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.