Author Topic: For Those With Kids  (Read 3118 times)

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
For Those With Kids
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:31:18 PM »
For those with kids, big and little, I've found the "Disney Plus " streaming to be very good and excellent value at under $9-00 p/m
I might be picky or something, I've looked at the 2 main contenders and didn't like the selection, too much violence etc for me.Just my 2 cents worth   :cheers:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: For Those With Kids
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 01:40:47 PM »
$9.00 a month!
Did you win lotto mate?
 :cheers:

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »
$9.00 a month!
Did you win lotto mate?
 :cheers:
Nah, stood the missus under a street light and pinched the months takings  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 03:14:01 PM »
I don't have kids, so I suppose that's why I have netflix.

My motto is no PG or if I can help it no M rated movies. No love stories ( the missus hasn't won on that one ...yet ), preferably no comedies ( most of them are crap ).

That only leaves killing, maiming, car chases, space odysseys, thrillers, horror....I think there are a few more ??   :cup: :cup:
$13.99/mth.

Rang Foxtel yesterday....was going to cancel, but have stayed ( for now ) at $19/mth for entertainment and sport ( reverts back to $48/mth in August, at which time I'll ring again and if they can't do a good deal, I'll cancel then )
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
For Those With Kids
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 06:21:14 PM »

That only leaves killing, maiming, car chases, space odysseys, thrillers, horror....I think there are a few more ??   :cup: :cup:

I do have kids. And you’ve just nailed my 10yo daughter’s Netflix watch list... ;D ;D

We have a pretty good system going with Netflix these days, and we all enjoy our nights on the couch together.
If it’s a movie that I know and there’s a part with a bit too much swearing or violence, we just skip the full on bits.
But all of the not exactly for kids series (Luke Cage, The Umbrella Academy, I’m a killer, etc) get a good run at our place.

The wife has been working away for quite a while and after being back at home for about a week she has been less then impressed with the stuff me and the kids have been enjoying watching lately. ;)

Edit;
Just to expand on this, so people don’t think I’m some kind of horrible parent.

We only watch the ‘not exactly made for kids’ stuff while I’m sitting watching with them.
The other night they really wanted to watch a zombie movie, so I put on one of the first Resident Evil movies. But it was a bit too much, so after about 20 minutes I stopped it and put on Shaun Of The Dead instead, they still got their zombie fix and I got to have a good laugh. ;)

We’ve also watched Monty Python’s Holy Grail about 5 times this month.
Which is obviously awesome. Especially when I tell my daughter to do the dishes and she replies with “I fart in your general direction!” in her best French accent... ;D ;D

Today they’ve been binge watching the How To Train Your Dragon series all day like normal 10 year olds. ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 06:44:24 PM by Pete79 »

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 07:18:23 PM »
Haven't got around to watching any series yet.....still got heaps of movies to see 1st.
I don't think the missus is all that happy with the movies that show people getting their heads blown off, but I also don't want to get stuck watching a "tame" movie either ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 07:55:13 PM »
Today they’ve been binge watching the How To Train Your Dragon series all day like normal 10 year olds. ;)

Give me half a chance and I'll have that on in the background quite happily!

Also worth watching:
-RedBullTV for those with a more adventurous bent - but some really good travel films and shows. The Horn is a good show for those who like a bit of adventure and drama from snow and helicopters... https://www.redbull.com/int-en/shows/the-horn
-SBS OnDemand: They have Fraggle Rock (https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/fraggle-rock) and Planet Expedition (https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/planet-expedition) is good as well and also has the potential of a bit of learning if you get an atlas out to find out where they are etc
-7Now: Like SBS, they have a LOT on there

I've just found a bit on SBS that I'll watch on the Kamilorai people of NW NSW, so that'll keep me interested for a bit (probably next weekend)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »
 Kamilorai people   ...WW2  first ever Aboriginal fighter pilot Len Waters, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWv9H4PsaLs 
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "