Author Topic: Fraser Fiasco 2012 Confirmation (including travel times and cooler payments)  (Read 47134 times)

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
Hi All,

As this information is spread across several topics I thought I might correlate it all into the one topic with members definitely coming to the MySwag Fraser Fiasco 2012. Once you have booked your beach permit for your 4x4 and your camping please post this info into this thread and I will update this first post with members who have booked and there travel times so that people can buddy up on the beach run’s.

If you have all your recovery equipment and are a competent beach driver feel free to put your hand up to buddy up with less experienced members or members who have never been to Fraser Island before. If you would like to buddy up with a more experienced member also put that in your post :cheers:

There are a few of us already looking to head off from Inskip Point around 06:00-06:30 on Thursday morning 26/07 to make the most of the low tide. This should be a very easy drive up the beach with minimal traffic. All though we will also have the joy of looking for a good camp site once we hit Cathedral beach.

The Camp site entrance will be marked with a MySwag flag so once you get to the Cathedral beach sign slow down and keep an eye out. If you get to the Dundaburra Camp Ground sign turn back you missed us ;D

Payment details (There are a couple of spare coolers and stickers so if your still keen PM me)

Name                            Coolers        Stickers   

yogi                                    4                 4                Paid $56

jetcrew                               4                 4               

cancan                               4                                   Paid $46.60 (includes postage)

MrBitchi                              2                 2                Paid $34.60 (includes postage)

Niley                                   3                                   Paid $30

DAZnBEC                            2                 2                Paid in BEER :cheers:

Rusty                                 2                  2                Paid $34.60 (includes postage)

ehsc                                   2                 2                Paid $34.60 (includes postage)

bundyfamily                       2                  2

Blueroo                              2                 2                Paid $34.60 (includes postage)

V8ute                                 2                 2                Paid $28

UTE 701                             2                 2                Paid $34.60 (includes postage)

nick 08                               2                 2

paul4nat                            2                 1                 Paid $24

Smoko                                4                 4                Paid $62.60 (includes postage)

Frostd                                 2                 2                Paid $28

Bugone                               3                                   Paid $30                   

JK                                        2                 2                Paid $28

Brett                                    1                 1               Paid $14

BigJules                                1                 1              Sorted 8)       

gibbo301                              1                 2               Paid $25 (we have our first official donation of 40c :cup:

Laith                                    1

Totals                                 50                 39

Members departure information from Terra Australis "the unknown land of the South" 8)

Inskip Point :-

Thursday 26/07 06:00
yogi     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
DAZnBEC   Vehicle & Beach permits booked
Frostd   Vehicle & Beach permits booked
jetcrew   Vehicle & Beach permits booked
paul4nat     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
V8ute     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
nick 08   Vehicle & Beach permits booked
Rusty     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
sablesoft   Vehicle & Beach permits booked

Friday 27/07 EARLY
bugone     Vehicle & Beach permits booked

Saturday 28/07 08:00
Blueroo     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
Ute701     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
cancan     Vehicle & Beach permits booked Has had to pull out unfortunately
Niley     Vehicle & Beach permits booked
BigJules + Laith    Vehicle & Beach permits booked
Nomad     Vehicle & Beach permits booked

Sunday 29/07
Jeepers Creepers

Monday 30/07
Trackabout Offroad Campers

Maybe coming at some point
britts (29-30/07)

Thanks
yogi
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:59:38 PM by yogi »

Offline DAZnBEC

• THE MIGHTY MODCON!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
I will buddy up with you mate, not sure who is the more competent driver tho! ????

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
I would say you ....... to get where you do with a Patrol you must be a better driver than me ;D

Has Bec booked the permits yet ? Also let the boy's know that I have a gun fisherman coming and hope to get him to run some master classes on bait catching and beach fishing :cheers:

yogi

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
Also let the boy's know that I have a gun fisherman coming and hope to get him to run some master classes on bait catching and beach fishing :cheers:
Will get the permits sorted, Yogi. At this stage, we are looking at heding up the beach you and Dazza, on the Thursday. Does your gun fisherman know how to catch beach worms?? Need a lesson or two in that master class, as I always end up with the head ripped off the worm.

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Forstd ...... he sure does ;D

yogi

Offline Johnny Trackabout

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
As much as it saddens me to say this....I'll have to pull out of this trip. Have a drink or two for me and takes lots of pic's

Cheers
JT

Offline DAZnBEC

• THE MIGHTY MODCON!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
I would say you ....... to get where you do with a Patrol you must be a better driver than me ;D

Has Bec booked the permits yet ? Also let the boy's know that I have a gun fisherman coming and hope to get him to run some master classes on bait catching and beach fishing :cheers:

yogi

Not sure mate, booking things is a PINK job so I will have to ask her!

Gun fisherman hey, maybe I shouldn't bring any food for dinners and eat fish all week.

Daz

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Sorry to hear that JT. Maybe next time.

Daz .... After the kids have had there session on fishing it's up to them 8)

yogi

Offline Blueroo

• Tent User
Hi Yogi and fellow Fraser Swaggers.
Our 4WD/Camp permit date is from Sat 28th July to Sat 4th August.
We plan on catching the ferry from Inskip Point around 8am or earlier Sat 28th ( low tide is just after 9am)
We are ok with recovery gear, have a winch, competent in the sand although havn't towed a camper in the sand yet or driven on Fraser.
Driving an IFS TD Cruiser with Lifestyle Camper. Also have 40ch UHF radio.
Quite happy to buddy up with anyone.
cheers
Stue and Jean
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:52:24 PM by Blueroo »

Offline ehsc

• FIRE EARTH MOON STARS THATS LIVING
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • JUST DO IT
Hi Yogi

The 1st weekend isn't looking good for myself or bundyfamiley, due to work ect i think still ok for rusty , Working on maybe getting there 1st August for the last 3 days ect ,Will book permits as soon as i can sort work the trouble is there is other people on holidays the same time so work an't that wrapped in me taking off at the same time anyway will try to sort.

:cheers: ehsc
2017 Isuxu D-max
2003 Jayco Freedom Outback

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Blueroo ........ sounds like a plan. I think there were a couple of other members heading over that day Cancan, Niley
and UTE 701.

ehsc .... sure hope you guy's can make it. Even if it's for the second weekend will be good to catch up for a :cheers:

yogi

Offline Boo Boo

• Tent User
Gee it may be a little cool once the sun disappears behind the hill of camp so yogi's 'Bush Pig' which is looking awesome will come in handy to keep warm.

Amanda
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:47:10 PM by Boo Boo »

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Few more payments recivied ....... anyone else done there pink jobs and booked there permits ;D

yogi

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Update :cheers:

yogi

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
We will probably head up on the Friday morning. I haven't thought too much about it yet. Probably go Triday and leave on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on work.

Cheers Nomad.

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Nomad ........ I am looking forward to it already ........... OH and go QLD ..... :cheers:

yogi

Offline Boo Boo

• Tent User
Can't wait to get away as these 11 to 12 hour days including weekends are doing my head in.

Bring on Fraser  ;D

Amanda

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Boo Boo ..... your not alone .... some many people PM'ing me about the trip .... I hope we get them all to come as this will make one massive event.

Oh and we still have more surprises to come .............. watch this space.

yogi

Offline 02-SR5

• Soft Floor Camper User
hey guys,

got room for one more?

Been their heaps of times and I am totaly self sufficient.

I get home from Afghanistan next month and will be free over that period.

Rob
2011 Challenger with some mods

2012 Lifestyle Explorer

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
Hi Rob ..... are you sure your going to be able to ruff it with us on the beach ;D Welcome aboard mate ...... Let us know when you plan on getting there as you might be able to share some of you knowledge with the less experienced members :cheers:

yogi

Offline 02-SR5

• Soft Floor Camper User
no worries.

i will be free to follow a convoy up from brisbane too any time over that period.

i may have my 5 yo daughter too
2011 Challenger with some mods

2012 Lifestyle Explorer

Offline paul4nat

• Learning the Ropes
Hey Yogi,

Booked and paid my Camping and Vehicle Tag for Fraser today, and we are tagging with you and Dazza on the thursday, really looking forward to it as i have never been there.. We are booked from the 26/07 til the 03/08, as we are flying out a couple of days later to NZ !!!!!

Its going to be great, looking forward to it

Nat  ;D ;D
"The Bucket list just keeps on going, and going, and going"

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
02-SR5 .... most of us are leaving on the Thursday morning 06:00 - 06:30 from Inskip Point on the 26/07 you are more than wellcome to join us if that suits ?

paul4nat ...... me either bring on the real living :cheers:

yogi

Offline Boo Boo

• Tent User
Hi all,

Has anyone else booked their permits so in all the planning we know definite numbers for day trips etc. ?

Amanda

Offline DAZnBEC

• THE MIGHTY MODCON!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
We have Boo Boo  :cheers: