Author Topic: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust  (Read 170968 times)

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
camper trailers
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »
Let us hope in time we can get another trailer.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:18:29 AM by ranger-jules »

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
we also have a Jimboomba camper trailer on order and have been given the same excuses, week after week. I paid cash and they have all our money bar $1,000. They wanted it all. Sue asked me to pay all of it before we left for Tasmania. I had to chase them for receipts all the time and never got ones for the last two huge payments. This is devastating as we have waited years to do this, only to be taken for so much money. We want to know if we can get anything back at all. Be pleased to know anything.  I feel gutted tonight, and my husband and I both had that feeling that something was wrong with all the excuses. They said it was ready but the canvas was not ready. We were supposed to get it on the 5th of October. Wonder what to do next? Any ideas would be great thanks.
look up their house address and go visit them... apparently the trailers are at their house
Im betting you could get a possy together really easy....
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:15:18 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline hoytshooter

• Tent User
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »
If it was my money they had i wouldnt be on the forum ..... but rest assured id be locked and loaded and everyone would read about it when i found them ..... i would chase them to the ends of the earth.
It ain't camping if theres not beer and pizza involved.....

Offline Camping Grant

• The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Such Is Life
    • Grant & Kerryn's Camping Adventures
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
if you do a paid ASIC search, it should contain the home addresses of the directors of the company...

just sayin'...

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »
if you do a paid ASIC search, it should contain the home addresses of the directors of the company...

just sayin'...
it was posted here yesterday, it aint hard to get hold of without paying :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2012, 06:21:41 PM »
We also have a trailer on order and have paid nearly all the money to them. They asked for all of it and I said I should hold some back, but only$1,000 they now have $15,000 of our money. Not sure what to do or where to go to get some sort of answers and help? Just feel betrayed, by these people we trusted. I kept getting bad vibes and also excuses and every week I went in, they kept saying it would be ready next week. I now wonder if they made it at all? If anyone can help please let us know what we can do about it.

Offline Stozz

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • The Driver, The Nav and The Dog
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »
Luke07 and ranger-Jules,

Is it worth contacting the Australian Manufactured CamperTrailer Association for some assistance?

They are an advocacy group primarily for camper trailer manufacturers in Australia (and Jimboomba are members) but I quote from their website...

It’s Roger Fagan’s belief and also that of his Guild colleages that while the Guild’s charter is essentially manufacturing based, it’s also very important to focus on the fact that the real benefit will be for you the consumer. He and his members know that people buy a camper trailer to fulfil the dream of a “trip of a lifetime” for them and their family, and they believe the Guild will play a role in helping camper trailer buyers to fulfil that dream and that it doesn’t turn into a nightmare.

I don't think AMCTA will want any further damage to the Australian industry's reputation and may be worth discussing the impact this situation might have if they have a rogue member.  It's one thing to be struggling in business due to competition and/or overseas imports, but its another to trade insolvently and run for it with other peoples money.  Worth a shot contacting them I think.

Here is the web link: http://www.australianmanufacturedcampertrailers.org.au/camper-trailer-articles/amctg-a-new-aussie-industry-association/

Best of luck and stay strong. We are all hoping this works out for you and any others affected.

PS - get in touch with consumer protection (govt department) ASAP if you haven't already.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:30:22 PM by Stozz »

Offline Stozz

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • The Driver, The Nav and The Dog
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Sorry, long post...

AMCTA also have a strict code of ethics that their members must abide by (which include Jimboomba)

Here it is...

The Member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public, the association, or bring discredit to the Camper Trailer industry.
The Member shall not discriminate in any business activities, and avoid speaking disparigingly of the work or product of other Members, unless circumstances demand affirmative action.
The Member shall observe both Federal and State laws relating to the workplace and product compliance standards.
The Member shall specify the services to be performed and conditions of sale including, product specification, warranties and guarantees.
The Member will strive to improve the industry by sharing experiences for the benefit of all, and shall assist the association in promoting the benefits of the AMCTG.
The Member will provide staff with an enjoyable and rewarding environment including career development and development of personal skills and in compliance with Australian Workplace laws.

I am thinking that AMCTA will not want the behavior of one company to reflect on them.  Get them on your side first.

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
Ranger-Jules we are wondering if i fact they made your camper at all as it seems they were prepared to take money from us and not produce the camper at all 3 weeks ago if that is the case its blatent theft by deception, with no intention to build.Its amazing how there customer service was well announced to any who has dealt with them in the past then they can fall to this level.It looks like they were not nice people at all and they were all a front to get your buisness.Good luck
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline davo69 and the Nurse

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • '07 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
I posted details of an address of a related company that seems to be involved with Jimboomba Camper Trailers, yesterday.
It has since be removed by Admin, because apparently it was their "personal address".

ASIC doesn't not specify addresses if they are the business address or home address - they are only listed as the "registered address". Most companies have their registered addresses as being their accountant / trust company etc.... mine was!

I did not intentionally post "personal details" on here, and nor was it my intention for people to think that they and the mafia (or the likes) could rock up at this premises. It was merely to show that more company names may be associated, therefore increasing (or decreasing) their risks and debts, turning things into a tangled mess.

The related company was "It's all good offroad Pty Ltd" if you are interested.

Luke and Ranger-Jules, I hope things work out for you both. Please keep all of us posted.

the Nurse
get DIRTY

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »
I posted publicly available personal details including there owners address and phone number as available off a reputable real estate search provider.

This post has been removed, but if you would like this information please contact me here and I will give it to you directly.

Best of Luck.
Nomad

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
Dunno what they can do, but if AMCTA don't at least get involved, their credibility will = 0.000000

All very sad for those involved. You all have my sympathies......
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
You ex real estate Nomad?

I did the same thing to check it..... gotta love pds.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
You ex real estate Nomad?

I did the same thing to check it..... gotta love pds.

WIsh I was Ex Jeepers............got quite a few years left yet.

Cheers Nomad :cheers:

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
Dunno what they can do, but if AMCTA don't at least get involved, their credibility will = 0.000000

All very sad for those involved. You all have my sympathies......

Sadly I cannot see them doing anything. It's a group of camper manufacturers banding together to survive the Chinese import onslaught. They have no authority or power and will only take them off their list of manufacturers.

It's great to see the support from members trying to help.

Luke07, you mentioned your from FNQ, mate my camper needs some maintenance from the Cape trip other wise you could borrow mine for your Xmas break. I have plenty of other camping gear if you need to borrow some.

Mark

Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
We also have a trailer on order and have paid nearly all the money to them. They asked for all of it and I said I should hold some back, but only$1,000 they now have $15,000 of our money. Not sure what to do or where to go to get some sort of answers and help? Just feel betrayed, by these people we trusted. I kept getting bad vibes and also excuses and every week I went in, they kept saying it would be ready next week. I now wonder if they made it at all? If anyone can help please let us know what we can do about it.

Just replied to your post on EO I am very sympathetic to your situation
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
Sadly I cannot see them doing anything. It's a group of camper manufacturers banding together to survive the Chinese import onslaught. They have no authority or power and will only take them off their list of manufacturers.

Mark I agree, but unfortunately, the more this happens, the knock-on effect will be fewer people will be inclined to hand over their hard-earned to local manufacturers.

Luke07, you mentioned your from FNQ, mate my camper needs some maintenance from the Cape trip other wise you could borrow mine for your Xmas break. I have plenty of other camping gear if you need to borrow some.

Nice offer..... :cup:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline luke07

• Swag User
  • Very lucky camper...follow me campers all the way!
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »
Ranger-jules I will contact you privately with our number for you to call so I can tell you everything we know.

Mark - that is such a lovely offer and we are so grateful, fortunately we are able to borrow my folks stuff at Xmas but thanks so much, it shows there is good people out there.

Everyone else, we have had numerous people go to the house and its all locked up, nonone home and no trailers in sight. Trust me if there was I'd be there in an instant.

We have contacted the campers guild thing and, waiting for response.

Also spoken to ASIC and they have no application for recivership

Fair trading is dealing with it

And a court application will happen tomorrow to serve them to pay us back

And if all else fails, we will have to take into our own hands cause they will not get away with taking our money! Nice family who obviously turned into lying cheating in caring people!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, they are helping us get closer and closer to outcome.

Just so disappointing as we love the jimboomba camper range.

Thanks so much to all that have sent us some private emails of help.
Looking forward to getting my follow me camper!

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »
Having just returned from GGPatrols Tambo weekend Id like to add a few comments which may add/clarify  to my earlier post.

Firstly, in my first post (which I outlined my objections to giving any business anything other than a 10% deposit for any goods or service, which some have taken objection to either by post or by PM), I failed to make comment on my sympathy with those involved. This goes without saying, but to Luke 07 and Ranger Jules, you dont deserve to be going thru what you are now.  I hope everything works out for you.

Secondly, I added the comment that having been in business, I knew what I was talking about.  Some have taken this as some form of pi55ing contest, and other business owners have taken objection to this as their businesses rely on progress payments.  I gave the example of buying a house, rather that building one, where progress payments are par for the course.  My personal replies to these messages has been that if you build a house, you enter into a contract overseen and insured  by an industry body, such as the HIA, where the purchaser is protected against non completion of a project. 

Thirdly, the AMCTA Guild  code  of ethics has been posted up by others. Perhaps if this group  was a professional industry body like the HIA where a prospective purchaser was indemnified and insured  against project non completion if process payments were made and the end product not delivered the industry would benifit.

Forthly, there is probably another family under great stress here, the owners of Jimboona, who have probably put their heart and soul into their business, only to see it fail.   When Trackabout had problems this forum actively engaged in support of the owner, whereas in this instance, the opposite appears to be occurring. Trackabout operated with integrity, we still dont know the facts surrounding Jimboona, but still, here is probably a family out there with it all on the line.

Fifthly, my comment of "knowing what Im talking about" because Ive been in a business seems to have been taken as some kind of Pi55 take.  Having been in exactly the situation that the owners of Jimboona appear to  be in: Ie, having  lost a business, having lost a family  home to cover business liabilities and having had a three figure tax liability to cover, now nearly cleared after 7 years, I think I can talk from experience.  When  you have a business, you do everything to keep it afloat. Progress payments from clients for projects that you sell, extending trading terms, ets, are all methodilogies used to stave of the inevitable by SOME businesses, not all.  The problem is that we, the customer, dont know which ones.   We, as business owners,  didnt use these, we faced the music.

So: from my perspective,  having had a business fail after 10 years, the old sayings still hold true:

BUYER BEWARE
DONT THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD
IF YOU SMELL A RAT....

Happy sunday night  everyone.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

Mark

Mark haven't met you but read a lot about you on here. Hope to meet up one day , you are a true gentleman

Offline luke07

• Swag User
  • Very lucky camper...follow me campers all the way!
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
Having just returned from GGPatrols Tambo weekend Id like to add a few comments which may add/clarify  to my earlier post.

Firstly, in my first post (which I outlined my objections to giving any business anything other than a 10% deposit for any goods or service, which some have taken objection to either by post or by PM), I failed to make comment on my sympathy with those involved. This goes without saying, but to Luke 07 and Ranger Jules, you dont deserve to be going thru what you are now.  I hope everything works out for you.

Secondly, I added the comment that having been in business, I knew what I was talking about.  Some have taken this as some form of pi55ing contest, and other business owners have taken objection to this as their businesses rely on progress payments.  I gave the example of buying a house, rather that building one, where progress payments are par for the course.  My personal replies to these messages has been that if you build a house, you enter into a contract overseen and insured  by an industry body, such as the HIA, where the purchaser is protected against non completion of a project. 

Thirdly, the AMCTA Guild  code  of ethics has been posted up by others. Perhaps if this group  was a professional industry body like the HIA where a prospective purchaser was indemnified and insured  against project non completion if process payments were made and the end product not delivered the industry would benifit.

Forthly, there is probably another family under great stress here, the owners of Jimboona, who have probably put their heart and soul into their business, only to see it fail.   When Trackabout had problems this forum actively engaged in support of the owner, whereas in this instance, the opposite appears to be occurring. Trackabout operated with integrity, we still dont know the facts surrounding Jimboona, but still, here is probably a family out there with it all on the line.

Fifthly, my comment of "knowing what Im talking about" because Ive been in a business seems to have been taken as some kind of Pi55 take.  Having been in exactly the situation that the owners of Jimboona appear to  be in: Ie, having  lost a business, having lost a family  home to cover business liabilities and having had a three figure tax liability to cover, now nearly cleared after 7 years, I think I can talk from experience.  When  you have a business, you do everything to keep it afloat. Progress payments from clients for projects that you sell, extending trading terms, ets, are all methodilogies used to stave of the inevitable by SOME businesses, not all.  The problem is that we, the customer, dont know which ones.   We, as business owners,  didnt use these, we faced the music.

So: from my perspective,  having had a business fail after 10 years, the old sayings still hold true:

BUYER BEWARE
DONT THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD
IF YOU SMELL A RAT....

Happy sunday night  everyone.

I don't doubt that at all that I'm sure the owners of jimboomba are devastated. At the start or lasts week when we started to get suss, we actually felt sorry for them thinking they had lost there battle with keeping the company afloat in this economy but here are some reasons of why my care factor of there feelings have gone out the window.....

For the past month they have either failed to respond to calls and emails or just told blatant lies to me and other customers.

Failed to have item ready for date we were told....yet still insisted on money from customers.

Instead of telling customers they have gone bust, they pack all there stuff up over a weekend and night and just disappear. No matter what situation you have got yourself in, if you are good person you should at least tell your customers and supply them with information on what would happen next. Instead they took all our money and basically stole from many good hard working people and all they can say is yell from there fence as they pack up....someone will be in touch!!

So excuse me for not having a care about the situation they are in.

If you by a business you need to be prepared for the worst. We support local business to help people out and look at what happens in return.

Looking forward to getting my follow me camper!

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
Your views are entirely understandable.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
I agree, it the business goes bust, you should inform people what is happening rather than disappear, this is cowardly. If I was in this situation I could not leave people not knowing. at least inform them. How can they live with themselves knowing they have our money and our trust. They took our money knowing they were in trouble, but did it anyway. I feel cheated more by the fact our trust was betrayed. I have been betrayed before and you never really get over it. Lies and deceit. I just wonder if they actually feel bad over this or has this happened before to them? Just be very aware if they ever start another business.

Offline dungee

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
They were at the caravan and camping show in Brisbane a few weeks back and were happy to take orders.... sux.  Hope you guys get your money back quickly.
Chris

Nothing to see here - move on.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »
Quote from: dungee
They were at the caravan and camping show in Brisbane a few weeks back and were happy to take orders.... sux.

This is going to get extremely nasty I feel.

Maybe someone needs to speak with Jimboomba newspaper and get the journo's on to it... even if its to warn people.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home