Author Topic: Hi from Adelaide  (Read 2965 times)

Offline edna

• Learning the Ropes
Hi from Adelaide
« on: November 09, 2016, 06:16:12 PM »
Hi all, a quick introduction.

My friend pointed me in the direction of this site. We have been camping together with our kids for a little while now. He is moving up in the world van-wise (to jayco eagle ob), while I have been relatively happy with my Oztent RV5 full kit + Drifta custom car back kitchen.

I plan on doing lots of camping with 2 kids (girls 6&4) and lovely wife until the girls are older. Hoping to do some desert trips and wherever we can get to in available time, with everyone hopefully loving it and comfortable.

Some camper envy has been developing in me. I love the facility/amenity that we have, but want more.

What I think I am looking for:  quicker set up times (particularly bedding), water tanks, more space for food and clothes, offroad-ability + + + a little bit future proofed, so I won't be lusting after the next big thing, though this is probably as much mental work as acquiring gear.

I had a look at Cameron Campers @ Lonsdale the other day and their Commando looks like a brilliant set up. The quality of the tent blew me away. If I could have this in off-road with some options, I think I would be happy for a number of years, not really needing to upgrade further. Too pricey new though, so I am hanging out to see if anything comes up second hand with an Easy/concept tent.

My father in law seems to think keeping things simple as we have it now is the way to go. However, inability to cart enough clothes, water, firewood & that the wagon (currently mondeo, however also looking at upgrading to 4wd) is pretty much overloaded already has me thinking there is another way.

So I found this site and educated myself a little bit, probably to my peril in terms of $. However, I think that an auspicious arrangement for comfortable camping could provide us with memorable and lovely times in our big country.

That's my camping intro... with me presenting with a mild case of upgrade-itis, which I partially blame on the friend mentioned above.

Thanks for reading,
Edna

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hi from Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »
G'day and welcome Edna.
Great intro there mate and good luck with the camper search. :cup:

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

KingBilly

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:51:49 AM »
Welcome to myswag

Happy camping
KB

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
Welcome aboard.....good luck with the search

Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »
Welcome.  Adelaide hey...   We have been here for 4 days now, leave tomorrow, can you please tell spring to start!  Bloody hell it has been cold, windy and rainy, what the????  Crazy weather here...   But we did spend 7 nights over on Kangaroo Island and had a brilliant time.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 08:57:48 AM »
Welcome to MySwag Edna, enjoy your time here

GG