Author Topic: Downgraded... Sorry, Upgraded to a trackabout  (Read 6077 times)

Offline Skuta

• Sleeping Bag User
Downgraded... Sorry, Upgraded to a trackabout
« on: July 11, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »
Hey all. Been stalking for a while and thought I'd better introduce myself. We had to downgrade from our jayco expanda outback due to the current slump in our industry and decided not to go back to tenting but go to a camper trailer instead. So after minimal research I settled on the cheapest, nastiest second hand one I could find through my bro in law. My wife wasn't too happy and neither was I but we'd resigned to the fact that this would "have to do" for now. So I hadn't parted with any $ yet and that night on the local Facebook buy/swap /sell group I spotted a trackabout with offers above $6000. I thought "that looks cool" if only we could get that instead. Next morning I showed my wife and she said wow, why don't we get that instead. What! We obviously had our wires crossed over how much of the proceeds we would spend from the sale of the expanda.

To cut a long story short. We're now the proud owners of an absolutely awesome trackabout. Pictures tell the story, yes it came with the boat and brand new motor. I won't divulge the final price but yes we did pay above $6000 for it.

Can't wait to start using it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
Re: Downgraded... Sorry, Upgraded to a trackabout
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »
Good pickup, you won't be sorry ya got a Trackie coming from an ex owner who had to downgrade to nothing....  Long story
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline JCAT

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live for today, you may not be here tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 02:11:11 PM »
Congratulations - Great purchase.
2018 Prado GXL
2017 Vista Crossover XL

Offline Skuta

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »
Sorry to hear that Noel. We were almost in the same boat but a good accountant helped us get back on our feet (nothing dodgy) one good year of business followed by a really bad year really threw us out of whack. Still very tight but camping and fishing is important to me (for the kids)

Offline grc

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 04:20:53 PM »
Welcome to myswag Skuta you will love the trackabout and the places you can take it
enjoy

CHEERS GRC :cheers:

Offline Skuta

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 05:57:09 PM »
Welcome to myswag Skuta you will love the trackabout and the places you can take it
enjoy

CHEERS GRC :cheers:
Thanks mate, I've got the next few months (weekends) planned out and a nice big Christmas time trip. I was kind of sick of the caravan so I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Offline Trackabout Off Road Campers

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Trackabout Off Road Campers
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 04:18:51 PM »
Has that tent even been opened Skuta?? Good deal for you mate! Dave

www.trackabout.com.au

Offline Skuta

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
Has that tent even been opened Skuta?? Good deal for you mate! Dave
The previous owner was very pedantic about looking after it, hopefully I can be as disciplined also. You guys certainly build an amazing camper. We still haven't spent a night in it but it's looming.

I was hoping you might be heading up to the Toowoomba outdoor expo this weekend but looks like you aren't according to your website. I'll be over there for a look, probably the first year I'll go when I don't spend a small fortune, for once I think I'm completely happy with my setup.

Thank you and the Trackabout crew for supplying a product that gives me confidence and peace of mind. I look forward to meeting you one day at a show or at the showroom.

Happy days

Offline rossmob

• Tent User
    • Blog of our travels
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 05:52:12 AM »
Welcome to the Trackabout family Skuta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Stu Ross
Mitsubishi Challenger PB LS 2012 and 2013 Trackabout SV Extenda .... for list of modifications and journeys available at our Blog : http://rossmob.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
Great set up mate and welcome. 
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

scarpsD40

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »
Hey Skuta, welcome to the Trackie family. You now have a dilemna for future thought. No other CT is ever going to be good enough for you after you've been using the Trackie for a few trips;D

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »
Welcome and well done,
great pick up

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline Skuta

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
Hey Skuta, welcome to the Trackie family. You now have a dilemna for future thought. No other CT is ever going to be good enough for you after you've been using the Trackie for a few trips;D
I think that's the advantage I have now, no need to ever upgrade.

I started with swags on utes and bikes, moved to tents once I got married then bought an ACT drifter pop out camper when we had our first kid then when the next kid came along we bought a 1978 yellow viscount pop top (must admit I really do miss this little beauty) then we got the expanda (was never happy with it) now the trackabout, my life is complete.

Offline Skuta

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »
So this is what I finally got finished today.

I started on them Saturday and finished the woodwork Sunday night. All up it cost around $250 in materials. They work really well (better than expected) and glide beautifully on the hdpe rails.

The legs slide back up inside the outer sleeve of rhs for travel.

I was going to buy a sheet of hdpe but looked out the backyard and lo and behold there it was, an old bulky that I kept meaning to take to the dump, glad I didn't now. Chopped it up and screwed strips to the bottom of each box.

Should make the wife a happier camper now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:11:18 PM by Skuta »