Author Topic: On the search!  (Read 5547 times)

Offline ronyronron

• Learning the Ropes
On the search!
« on: November 29, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
Hi guys,

My partner and I have been long time tent campers/4wders but due to change in circumstances (our first bub on the way) I'm looking at camper trailers - and this site has been invaluable so far!

We'll be gearing up for a trip around Oz when the little one is around 2yrs old so something that is great for the long haul while still nimble/light enough to do some light trails/4wding would be great too. Still plan on taking our Oztent for detours where the trailer won't cut it.

For price vs comfort vs weight vs maneuverability I've been eyeing off the Jayco Eagle Outback and similarly the New Age Wayfinder (with adventure pack). I've read the build quality of the Jayco's leaves a bit to be desired, but if there are known issues I can rectify early then maybe it will be ok? I haven't heard much about the Wayfinder but they seem to be built better than the Jayco's albeit more expensive - any thoughts on either?

Anyway, thought I'd say hi and thanks in advance for any advice :)

Cheers,
Ron.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: On the search!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 05:21:11 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, heaps of info available and ask away if you cant find it

GG

Offline Gavo

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
Hi Ron,

I don't have a camper yet myself, but same as you long time tenters we have had a change in circumstances (no. 4 on the way) and I have come across the ones from Adventure Campers ( not Adventure off road Campers) I haven't seen one in person yet, but seem to be brilliant in design, features and build quality and look really easy to setup. I have not come across a bad review and I have been searching.
I hope I haven't replied to late.

Cheers Gav

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 09:58:44 PM »
G’day Ron and welcome to Myswag. The Hawk/Wayfinder configuration suits a young family well. I hope you end up with the right deal. Have fun searching the site.  :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD