Author Topic: On-line Purchasing  (Read 9065 times)

Offline Bundy Drinker

• Learning the Ropes
    • Bundaberg Rum Showcase
Re: On-line Purchasing
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 11:03:50 AM »

My one big bug bear is why should the buyer pay for the return of faulty of incorrectly supplied goods, if I send
the wrong item etc or the item is faulty I pay for the return postage and I believe all sellers should.

I agree Leigh, I purchased a set of Solar panels got them here and they didn't work (no power from the panel to the controller).  The seller sent another controller (pointless).  In the end he agreed to take the panels back but I had to pay postage about $58 for something that was faulty when it left this shop/warehouse etc.
Qualified Rumoligist

Offline grant110

• Sleeping Bag User
  • New to the camper scene
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 11:13:31 AM »
My Ebay purchase count is at 58 (including a few from Autoelecau) and generally have fine experiences from both australian and international sellers.  I have lived in regional Western Australia for years and there simply isnt the option to shop around locally so online works a treat.

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
Maybe I’m wrong, but I think we are all getting confused by Tim’s Question and his user name. My take is Tim in an employee that works for Autoelecau which is nice they have come onto the forum to not only answer questions, but also answer any concerns.

But Tim has asked a question about his personal experience about buying something from Ebay that went pear shaped.

I’m sure Autoelecau makes a lot of sales on Ebay, but I’m also sure compared to most of the Ebay shops is China/Asia they are small players in the Ebay world.

As for buying from Autoelecau direct compared to Ebay I did this last week and ended up buying from Autoelecau direct. Only because the price was cheaper than their Ebay price.

PS: I don’t know Tim and have never spoken to him. This is purely my take and happy to be proven wrong. If I’m correct do Traders require 2 user names. 1 per business related posts and 1 for personal posts??

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »
Maybe I’m wrong, but I think we are all getting confused by Tim’s Question and his user name. My take is Tim in an employee that works for Autoelecau which is nice they have come onto the forum to not only answer questions, but also answer any concerns.

But Tim has asked a question about his personal experience about buying something from Ebay that went pear shaped.

I’m sure Autoelecau makes a lot of sales on Ebay, but I’m also sure compared to most of the Ebay shops is China/Asia they are small players in the Ebay world.

As for buying from Autoelecau direct compared to Ebay I did this last week and ended up buying from Autoelecau direct. Only because the price was cheaper than their Ebay price.

PS: I don’t know Tim and have never spoken to him. This is purely my take and happy to be proven wrong. If I’m correct do Traders require 2 user names. 1 per business related posts and 1 for personal posts??

but buying from tim (in his autoelecau guise on ebay) is providing our experiences with buying from ebay in general.

it just happens to be that we are buying from the guy who is requesting user experiences...

Offline elle.mac

• Tent User
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »

From a purchaser perspective, I have purchased a lot of items and yes occasionally it goes wrong. I have only
had around three occasions when the problem couldn't be resolved with the seller, Paypal has always found in
my favor, even though in one case they indicated item had to be returned to seller, when I pointed out that
seller only had a PO box and you can't ship large items to a PO box they refunded on that one to. I have
had the wrong item delivered or a damage item delivered and have just started a claim for item significantly
different from goods described purchased and they have payed out no problem.

Cheers
Leigh   

There is a way aroudn the cannot ship large items to PO Box - as we live in a town that all postal deliveries get sent via the Post office so have no choice but use my PO Box and having a grouch for the running of it and the large volume of mail that comes through a small Post office its quicker if we ensure we get mail sent with the PO Box number rather than our street address  so in times when websites etc refuse to send to PO box i just write the address in the line as Box Number x   and it still comes through no worries - was told to use this trick by another Post office.

As to buying from ebay i used to purchase alot but saw the lack of care from ebay in allowing sellers to have ridiculous postage costs to get reduce their fees etc.  So I tend to only now purchase from ebay if its a better price and the seller has alot of positive feedback.
2003 120 series Prado (aka the Beast)
2012 Customline Deluxe Offroad

Offline autoelecau

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Camping with computers
    • Autoelec
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
To be sure, I was only asking the question from a personal perspective, and I do appreciate the people that related to that opening post, and their feelings. I wasn't trying to open a can of worms, but merely mention the fact that if you buy on-line you could very well be at risk, regardless of Paypal and eBay saying that "you are covered". The fact of the matter is, you aren't covered if the seller can "sweet talk" eBay and Paypal better than you can.

As for feedback removal, we have had quite a few negatives turned to positives after contacting buyers and sorting it out for them. On eBay, you cannot remove your own feedback (unless there is something that I don't know about eBay?) eBay calls the shots on that front.

And yes, we do sell on eBay, and most of our on-line sales come from eBay sales. My question, however, was not in regard to our store, but how eBay treats you. In saying that, we make it no secret that we have a bricks and mortar store and showroom, where we are located in Australia (we want our friends in WA to know that is can take a while for orders to arrive to them), we have our phone details supplied on our site and eBay store, we have an independent website, we carefully monitor and answer emails and messages in regards to questions of all types, and customers can also visit us and check us out or pick up orders if they please. What I'm saying is that we wish to make the buyer feel comfortable to buy from us, so it isn't so much of an eBay experience for the buyer, in my opinion, as it is an actual relationship with the seller. (IMO)

So, you might have had a good experience from buying from us or one of our competitors, or another great seller who is open and transparent with you, but it doesn't make a good "eBay experience" necessarily. You've had a good experience with your seller through eBay. I'll still have my preferred sellers on eBay for various things, but I won't trust eBay and Paypal again to treat me fairly in case I buy something that isn't legit. I personally won't again trust the feedback system to protect me and Paypal's buyer protection program. I've had too many bad experiences.

I only wished to warn people about the dangers of on-line shopping in general, which I think is fair as a fellow human being.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's feet here, but this was my point all along: If you're buying online, watch out, because there are clever people out there which like money.
Tim
IT and Graphics
2004 TD Hilux SR5 with double bed (aka. fibreglass roof-top tent)

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »

And seeing the door has been opened ..there is more than account of yourselves removing negative feedback reported online..

Why would a company that uses ebay to trade then start a thread to bag out the very process that delivers them sales..or is it an attempt to convince customers to pay the in store prices which differ from the ebay site.

Before i get shot down as attacking another trader..The door has been opened in the general discussion section and I have before stated that these guys are one of the better ebay traders and on-line resellers..I do not even register as a blip on the radar in terms of trading with these guys so it's not an attempt to steal business.I am very happy with my little corner ;D

I am just confused as to the objective of the thread ??

Ebay is bad don't trade on the site ?  or what's the message from your business perspective.

Like I said dont shoot me down it,s not a commercial attack or anything I am just curious.

Jet ;D ;D

Was thinking the same thing bit confused to be honest.

Why not advertise your store in the seller section with a discount for MySwag members for using the site instead of ebay discount it 50% of what you pay in ebay fees.

Offline autoelecau

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Camping with computers
    • Autoelec
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
Was thinking the same thing bit confused to be honest.

Why not advertise your store in the seller section with a discount for MySwag members for using the site instead of ebay discount it 50% of what you pay in ebay fees.

The purpose of being on here is to freely converse with people and ask for their thoughts and share their experiences on-line, which the first few repliers did till the thread was taken in another direction which is out of my control.

We would be happy to do something like this in the future, and thank you for the suggestion. For the time being, I am only limited to conversations and suggestions from buyers on here.
Tim
IT and Graphics

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »
The purpose of being on here is to freely converse with people and ask for their thoughts and share their experiences on-line, which the first few repliers did till the thread was taken in another direction which is out of my control.

We would be happy to do something like this in the future, and thank you for the suggestion. For the time being, I am only limited to conversations and suggestions from buyers on here.
Just send me a roll of glowing 6mm tent rope and all is forgiven :D :D :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline autoelecau

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Camping with computers
    • Autoelec
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
Just send me a roll of glowing 6mm tent rope and all is forgiven :D :D :D
:cheers:
Tim
IT and Graphics