Author Topic: ARB Air Locker Copies  (Read 47466 times)

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
Re: ARB Air Locker Copies
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »
Thanks Sam for the clarification, got any Snorkles for the Amarok in stock yet :angel:

Baz.

Part number is now listed on the Safari website Baz and we'll be getting them very soon.

Cheers, Sam.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline Darren253

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »
As promised, I've finally found time to get back to you on my Lockers.

Purchased front and rear ARB lockers and the little ARB air compressor when in the USA from Rocky Road Outfitters. All up savings over buying local, AU$850.

The ARB gear was all MADE IN AUSTRALIA, contry to the misinformation I had been previously given.

A savings of $400 per locker from a US supplier clearly demonstrates to me the real price of the lockers is at least half of what we are forced to pay here in Oz (and they aren't selling at a loss). Sure population in US are higher, and theirs greater competition. Given a world wide market this should show some dividens here in Oz also. Alas my disillusionment with ARB continues, probably more so then ever now.

On the up side I now have a set of the best manually operated lockers available and I payed the right price for them. I'll be buying most stuff from the US now given the cost savings and market forces obviously in play over there, especially any future ARB stuff.

Now, what savings can I make on a rear wheel carrier for my deluxe ARB bar in the US I wonder? *sigh*

Sam,

No response to this post?
2013 LC200 Altitude
2014 CC Exodus 14

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
Sam,

No response to this post?

Sam has peviously responded to this type of query.  I woud imagine he would rather not get into ongoing online discussions every time its brought up.  His previous response is as follows:

Hi guys, I've done a bit of digging around re Air Locker pricing in Australia and the US and can offer the following.

The RRP of an Air Locker in Australia and the US is actually not all that different. Using the Landcruiser 100 Series as an example, the RRP of a rear locker in the US is US$1095.00 (web link) and in Australia it's AUS$1108.00 (+GST). Depending on the US state, there may also be sales tax on top of the listed RRP.

The heavily discounted pricing that can be found in the US actually comes primarily at a reseller level. With a much larger market (ie greater sales volume) and subsequently a higher level of competition, the resellers have a tendency to discount prices and make a minimal margin to remain competitive.

We are even aware of some US resellers using the Air Locker brand as a ‘loss leader’ due to its popularity. This means they’re happy to sell an Air Locker at a loss in order to attract new customers and generate exposure to their wider product range. This in turn puts even greater pressure on other stockists to reduce prices.

Furthermore, many of the discount sellers in the US are solely web based and therefore don't have showrooms or offer fitting services like our Australian network which substantially reduces their overheads.

Obviously, the strong Aussie dollar at the moment is exacerbating any price difference and, in the ideal world, we'd increase the price in the US to account for this. However, with current market conditions in the US, this is just not commercially viable.

For comparison's sake, our Australian pricing is actually pretty competitive with our main competitors. For example, a rear Pro Locker for a 100 Series Cruiser is $1167.00 (+GST) so it's really more a matter of US resellers discounting than Australian pricing being excessive.

Hope this helps explain things a bit.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
Thanks Mace, you've pretty much nailed it.

I can't really add much else to the statement we've already made without sending this thread around in circles.

Cheers, Sam.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
How about ARB "use the Air Locker brand as a ‘loss leader’ due to its popularity" for a week or 2.. I reckon sales would x10 overnight.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS. I dont need 1

PPS.. waiting on phone call bout the tour :) Thanks for info
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:04:04 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline maverick_sr71

• Swag User
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:26 PM »
Thanks Mace, you've pretty much nailed it.

I can't really add much else to the statement we've already made without sending this thread around in circles.

Cheers, Sam.

Yep, and like Sam I have nothing more to add to the argument. We agree to stand on opposite sides of this fence.
Pete. R.

Come on .............. You know you want to.