Author Topic: Jayco Accessory Pricing  (Read 2860 times)

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
Jayco Accessory Pricing
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »
Had the phone call today that the Swan is about to go into production. Getting closer by the minute.
Have to visit the dealer to pay the next installment and any further options.
I have asked for the extra gas bottle ($90) and also enquired about the CD player with internal and external speakers.
Price quoted $900 for dvd/cd/mp3 player with 2 internal speakers + if I wanted to go for the external speakers hat would be another $200.
$1100 for a cd player and 4 speakers.
Has anyone else out there priced up or gone for this option, if so would love to know what they have paid. At this stage I have said no to these options. That is over half what I need for the annexe walls.

Mark
mcbadger

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The grass is greener where you water it..
Re: Jayco Accessory Pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
a fairly good head unit would go for a couple of hundred.. speakers for about the same, then wires and some time to run them all around the place..

i would say that is expensive.
Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline GSK33

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Tent
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:50:54 PM »
Had the phone call today that the Swan is about to go into production. Getting closer by the minute.
Have to visit the dealer to pay the next installment and any further options.
I have asked for the extra gas bottle ($90) and also enquired about the CD player with internal and external speakers.
Price quoted $900 for dvd/cd/mp3 player with 2 internal speakers + if I wanted to go for the external speakers hat would be another $200.
$1100 for a cd player and 4 speakers.
Has anyone else out there priced up or gone for this option, if so would love to know what they have paid. At this stage I have said no to these options. That is over half what I need for the annexe walls.

Mark

maybe get them to fit the external speakers and wires only then you can do the rest at home alot cheaper. External tv point and 12volt outlets on each corner would also be a good option

Offline V8ute

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
I was in the same boat, thought it was expensive. Fitted a awesome pioneer head unit and speakers inside and also fitted  2 speakers in the tool box. Great sound and loud!!
 :cheers:
           V8ute. :laugh:
08 Cruiser ute, 10 Outback Eagle.
Loaded ready to roll

Offline tonyw

• Tent User
    • Tonys Travel Blogs
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »
I would and am going to do it myself, i reckon $400 should cover it.

8)

Offline Kirky

• Swag User
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
We have got an Ipod and a set of rechargable Bose speakers.  The speakers were about $500, great sound, loud and you have the luxury of picking them up and taking them where ever you want them.

Macca357

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »
Hi McBadger2, we are about 6 weeks off taking delivery on our Outback Hawk.  We paid $300 to have the Pioneer CD/MP3 player and 2 internal speakers fitted at the factory.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:07:37 PM by Macca357 »

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
Thanks Macca,

Thats more like what I thought it should be.
Will take it up with them tomorrow

Mark
mcbadger

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 06:56:25 AM »
Hi McBadger2, we are about 6 weeks off taking delivery on our Outback Hawk.  We paid $300 to have the Pioneer CD/MP3 player and 2 internal speakers fitted at the factory.

Same with us, our new Expanda is getting the cd/MP3 player with internal speakers for $300. This does not have the DVD player option though, this costs more, and i think they have to run av cables to the tv cabinet as well. Not worth another $800!

I got my final order confirmation and layout plan yesterday, very exciting! Hard not to keep adding options :P
KC
2012 BT-50 XTR and Jayco Expanda 14.44-4 Outback

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 05:49:28 PM »
Got back from the dealer today, told them of the numerous people who have had this done for $300.
The list price in the book for the CD/mp3 + 2 internal speakers was $700.

Told them they must be joking and will do myself for a fraction of the cost when it arrives.
Thanks for all the input.
mcbadger

Offline Moto Moto

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:01 AM »
Thats crazy! I added the CD player/speakers AND a Hyland hitch to my order recently for $700 total. The hitch was $400 and the cd/speakers $300.

Not all dealer are the same thats for sure. I got a few quotes when ordering my Expanda and one dealer was about $2000 cheaper than the others, with the same extras. Thats a huge difference.

Lucky you did some research before ordering, and saved some money :cheers:
2012 BT-50 XTR and Jayco Expanda 14.44-4 Outback