Author Topic: Modcon Forward Folding Hardfloor CT  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
Modcon Forward Folding Hardfloor CT
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »
I am very interested in the Modcon forward folding hardfloor CT's, does anyone on here own, getting or know more about one of these ???

http://modcon.com.au/model_details.php?m=4

If so what do you think of them and how suitable are they for a family of 4  ???

NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Trish59au

• Swag User
  • He got the 24 year old I got the 4WD...fair swap!!
Re: Modcon Forward Folding Hardfloor CT
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
Hi Bubba
We had a look at them at the camping show in Melbourne and liked what we saw very much.  They were easy to put up and were well made.
Their Quattro has a queen size bed and two full length single beds, in the other models the kid's beds are not full size.
We are thinking about buying one but haven't made up our mind yet.  :)

100 series Landcruiser.
Tenting it for a while...looking for a camper that I can manage by myself.

Offline blackstump

• ''LIFES TO SHORT TO BE SMALL''
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Yep, same. Had a really good look at them at Caulfield show and they are a really cool thing. The man at the stand was a great bloke and really helpful. I actually liked the base model better than the top of the line one. I liked how the canvas side walls can be fully opened on both sides. Great units for sure

IS THERE A PROBLEM OFFICER

Offline db

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »
I had a good look at them a couple of weeks ago in the showroom.  The only one suitable for a family of 4 is the Quattro - the others only have a couch that can be converted to a bed about 1700 x 1600 (from memory, don't quote me).  Suitable for two small kids, but won't work as they get bigger.  The quattro looks pretty nice, thought I personally think the kitchen should swing around 270 degrees (like the solution hard floor and soft floor models), that way it isn't in the way of the steps.  I think that Modcon have well thought out trailers and tents and the build quality looked good.

We have ordered a Solution softfloor (now the wait) - couldn't swing the extra for the Quattro, but really keen on it.  The other thing that swung us to the softfloor is the good tent design, and the better load carrying - you lose some with the hard floors.

Haven't got it yet, but the experience so far has been positive - found Kerry at Modcon really good to deal with - happy to talk, listen and show and follow up.

cheers,

Richard
Modcon Quattro
NW Pajero GLX-R

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »
Checked them out both at the showroom and  the Gold Coast show a few weks ago - got the show special - As there are just the 2 of us, these are perfect ...have an elyssium on order which was preferred to the solution by SWMBO as there was a bit more room in the kitchen.

Very impressed with the build quality and canvas etc but electrics are fairly basic for the money.. Kerry and Phyllis seem to know their stuff and some minor mods [merit plugs rather than ciggie plus some others] were at no cost.

Regards

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline outbackogre

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »
I also saw them at the Caulfield show and agree they seem very well made.  I always check the compliance plate on CT's and thought the forward folds stated a Tare mass of around 1000kgs (can't recall the towball weight).  Given that the Tare weight often does not include things like gas bottles, spare wheels, mattresses, stone guards, and some other added fittings, it might be 200 kg heavier by the time you tow it out of the showroom, and this is before you've added any gear of your own.  I reckon many of us would be surprised at how much we are actually towing.
My friends call me Rob.  You can call me ... Rob!
NW auto diesel Pajero towing a Jayco Starcraft Outback.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
From memory, the TARE weight of the Elyssium is 1250kgs - ball weight 120kgs.

Regardless, we will need to get a NSW weighbridge ticket to get it registered.

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]