Author Topic: Who's heading to Cape York-2011??  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
Who's heading to Cape York-2011??
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »
Ok guys who's heading North ??? ???

I know a Swaggers Group are heading to Cape York this year between 25 June to 10 July. :cup:  
Steveandviv (Blue NM Paj & Johnno’s CT)& our family (Blue GU Patrol & Lifestyle extenda CT) are heading to the tip from 24 June 20 to 23 July. :cup: ;D Hoping to catch up with the Swaggers for a beer or three.
Who else is heading to the tip this year?

And has anybody got some suggestions on how to identify other swaggers on the road, ie coloured tape around the 2-way aerial. :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:43:47 PM by Frostd »

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Who's heading to Cape York-2011??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »
Yep, we're heading up sometime between end of june and early july.Will be two vehicle convoy, our cruiser towing our tambo and a GU patrol towing a challange camper. Just look out for my "my swag" wheel cover on the back of the cruiser.
ARB, the only gear for my Landcruiser 105
Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline ML-VR08

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
Ill be there 14th June - 15th July Blue Triton with Black Tray and Black Canvas Canopy towing a custom camper trailer with austrack top. Will be with my BIL in a Red Patrol with Camper aswel. Lets hope the water level drops quickly!!! ;D

Offline jasonw

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
the warren's are leaving vic probably around 5th july and wont be back till the end of sept
the pink line is what we have planned (clockwise). the little red bit was an option
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:28:32 PM by jasonw »
jimboomba excalaber camper

Offline farmer6

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »

We will hopefully be leaving home on the 19th of June and heading up to the tip and back home around the middle of July. It will depend on weather I get all my work done. So far there will be 3 vehicals with camper trailers. Ours is a silver 100 series wagon with a Jimboomba Excalabar trailer. We will be looking out for fellow myswaggers on our travels. I like the idea of coloured tape around the aerials so you can see a myswag member coming towards you. Maybe a few rows of red and white electrical tape. Someone should design a myswag aerial that stands out from the crowd or a little myswag flag thats like the one's they have on the mine car aerials.

farmer6
2006 100 series landcruiser wagon

2010 Jimboomba Camper

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:12 PM »
All things being equal, I'll be on the Cape from June 8 in company of about 20 of my closest friends  ;D Watch out for a convoy of beat up old 4bies  >:D  No seriously, watch out!! there's no garrantee the brakes will work  :angel:

the warren's are leaving vic probably around 5th july and wont be back till the end of sept
the pink line is what we have planned (clockwise). the little red bit was an option

Don't waste your time heading out through Camoweal, Barkley then to the Stuart. Head up the Savannah from Normanton to Borroloola then up to Roper Bar. Come out on the Hwy at Mataranka and go south from there. (that is unless you have been up that way before and are trying something new that is ;D)

Or enter at Mataranka since I just noticed you said Clockwise  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:53:03 PM by Joff »
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline cassgazz

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »
We will be leaving Traralgon in VIC on 10th June. Then to Fraser Island, and be in Cairns around 28th June.
Will be leaving Cairns for the Cape around 4th July.

Hopefully see some of you guys up there. ;D

Offline hutchie62

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • I'll drink to that.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
We are leaving on the 29th of july for 4 weeks, hope to see some of you good folk up there. There should be 2 patrols towing campers & another two single ( not sure what vehicles they will be).  :cheers:
2013 Cab Chassis Landcruiser with goodies, 2008 Cub Supamatic Drover.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »
I dont think it will be to hard picking the 2011 cape trip myswagers. A s#!^ load of fourbys and ct's (with myswag stickers) in a group. 
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
As most cars will be dirty and some will not have stickers you could write myswag on the rear window of the car.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Gazman

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »
I'll be following joff and crew to the cape in an old blue 60 series. I'm confident with the vehicle below about 60 Km/h.... Not sure about the 3000 ish klms of highway to cairns though.
80 series Landcruiser
2011 Trackabout safari

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 08:10:06 AM »
And has anybody got some suggestions on how to identify other swaggers on the road, ie coloured tape around the 2-way aerial. :cheers:

The coloured flagging tape around the 2-way aerial is probably one of the best ideas I've heard.  Especially when approaching oncoming vehicles on the slow sections, and when the vehicle is sitting at camping sites. 

Don't even bother looking for distinguishing markings on the Developement Road, you won't have time. :o

All this Cape talk is giving me itchy feet. >:(

Offline DAZnBEC

• THE MIGHTY MODCON!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
We will be up there early July, leaving Brisbane 18th June for 4 weeks, all going well!

Offline rockygu4.8

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
We'll be heading up the top on the 9th of September for 4 weeks. At this stage there will be 7 cars some with trailers. I have to send Brett a message as an excuse to catch up for a beer now he's in Rocky and get some much needed stickers off him for the patrol and camper. I think the windscreen sticker is the go as it's the first thing you see. As already noted when travelling there is not a lot of time to look for distinguishing features.

4.8 litre Gu Patrol
2006 Goldstream Storm
2010 Armadilo Arma X

Offline cardinal28

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
Take some flippers and snorkels :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 2 meters of water over the Archer R today with more heavy rain expected as the trough moves north

Growing old is inevitable - growing up is optional.

Offline jasonw

• Swag User
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
Don't waste your time heading out through Camoweal, Barkley then to the Stuart. Head up the Savannah from Normanton to Borroloola then up to Roper Bar. Come out on the Hwy at Mataranka and go south from there. (that is unless you have been up that way before and are trying something new that is ;D)

Or enter at Mataranka since I just noticed you said Clockwise  ;D

thanks for the advice
but the bit from alice to cooktown, we will be doing with my mum and dad, and they have a ford station wagon and an onroad caravan so we were planning on staying on the black stuff for that section of our trip.
jimboomba excalaber camper

Offline MONDO-100

• Tent User
  • Love it
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
We have 5 x Toyota's and 1 x Nissan heading up to Lakefield  on the 17th of June until the 11 July for my 30th b-day  (if it ever stops raining ha ha) .  We are going to head to Bathurst heads first for some fishing/crabbing and some "refreshments"  then just see what happens after that. We have 3 x off road campers , 1 x 4.5mtr tinny and 1 x 3.7 CT topper .we have @ the 3 week mark time to do it in with no rush other then getting past Mareeba of course. I hope we will  run into some swaggers up there and have a few beers and a yarn with you's

cheers Mondo :cheers: :cheers:
2014 D4D prado with all the fruit and 9ft full chassis camper.

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
thanks for the advice
but the bit from alice to cooktown, we will be doing with my mum and dad, and they have a ford station wagon and an onroad caravan so we were planning on staying on the black stuff for that section of our trip.

Can't argue with that   :cup: Next time around 8)

hope you enjoy your trip  :cheers:
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline Yoda42

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Beagle kisses don't grow hair
    • Travels With Beagles Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »
We will be going July-Aug, heading out on the savannah way, and hope to spend a few days at Lorella Springs also. Haven't sorted out exact dates yet, but It will be 2 navaras, one with an Aussie Swag (us) and the other a carry me camper. We will keep an eye out for My Swag stickers!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2 beagles & an Lifestyle Reconn
http://travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »
With over 6000 members on the forum, I thought there would be more Swaggers Heading to Cape York this season. ??? Cant wait to start the journey ;D, see the sights ;D and have a few beers:cheers:with fellow travellers. :cup:

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline playhard

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
I'm heading up, leaving Sydney on the 6Th of June for 6 weeks.Traveling with 4 other families.
Can't wait!!!!!

Paul

Offline blkd4d

• Swag User
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 06:13:58 AM »
Heading up in September some time with 3 other cars.
Black Prado. Vacation camper
White 76 gxl , mountain trail.
Nissan patrol home made trailer.
Challenger avan that will be left somewhere early.