Author Topic: Loading an iPod  (Read 7177 times)

Offline coffs camping

• Tent User
  • We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
Re: Loading an iPod
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »
The other thing I love mine for is podcasts. I can download stuff I miss (eg interesting bits from Radio National) and listen later. I subscribe to some things (eg health matters on ABC radio) so it sync's when I plug my iPod in.

J
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 09:25:10 AM »
I find the easiest method for me is to not worry about catalog the music, but to first copy the album into a separate folder (my music), then drag & drop the album into the music folder in itunes. It asks to convert the file to mp4 (I think) & I just ok that & let it do it's thing.

The thing is, any music you have in the itunes music folder is synced / copied to your player. It seems at first there is no way to remove music off the player, but I found if you delete the music from itunes it is then removed from the player next time you sync. The original copy is kept in the original .cda / mp3 or whatever format is still in the my music folder and can be re-used in itues at any time.

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple, and if you google you will find plenty of info out there on how to use these gadgets.
http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/19406-2/Burrum+Camp.jpg

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »
The thing is to not let I-Tunes manages your folders. That way you rip the CD and it is then added to your library. You then find it in I-Tunes and then drag it to your I-POD. If you don't want some thing on your I-POD you select it and remove it. While I don't have to remove the 18,000 odd music files I do have to with movies and that process works just fine
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 06:45:04 AM »
being an ipod lover... I hate Apple and its limitations/restrictions.... but with patience and some careful planning, ipod/itunes/apple becomes clearer and easier to use.

I travel with 25,700 songs on my ipod hard wired into the stereo and also have an ipod dock fitted with 10 hour usable rechargable batteries that allows for wonderful mood setting when camping.

Private message me if you would like to make contact for advice on how to plan your ipod loading and how to actually succeed with music - how you like it, when you like it!

Sing like no one is listening, dance like there is no one watching! music is a wonderful accompaniment to travel like wine is to food! 

Cheers

Alby
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »
Yea, right.......
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline dazzawhipple

• Tent User
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »
Its down to the individual...but i find Itunes rubbish
Landrover Discovery 3 Auto.......spec changing will update later

2015 Forward fold MDC Cruiser

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »
Thanks to all for your replies on this vexing topic and apologies for delay in this reply (been away in the van, with no music). It seems it might be easier to take the CDs . . .
Just joking. Will look into all this soonest (and buy an iPod!). Cheers, Tony