Author Topic: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2015  (Read 561745 times)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 'Daily Rant Thread'
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2015, 07:31:01 AM »

Not ashamed to say I was pretty upset and shell shocked at the time.
nothing to be ashamed of at all,  we lost the front windows of our house in the big storm that hit Brisbane just on a year ago. It's the first storm I've ever actually gotten a touch frightened in, and thought we might lose the roof at one stage the house was moving that much (high set house on stumps). The noise from the hail was deafening, and the kids were crying and absolutely petrified with what was happening about them.
Mother Nature can be a very scary beast when she wants to be. Hopefully all happens quickly for you with the repairs.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2015, 07:40:16 AM »
Talking about feeling anxious in severe weather...   I can recall a couple of times in the 1970's in BNE (which used to get cyclones back then)   being woken by dad in the middle of the night....   told to put shoes on and get dressed - as we may need to evacuate (aka run for our lives) -- as the cyclone raged around us....

Exposed highset Qlder on a ridge line in Coorparoo....

Shake&Bake BB

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
We enjoyed fast internet speeds up to about 4 weeks ago. ADSL+2 we are less than 1km from the exchange, we could download at nearly 15mbs, with three teenagers using ipads, iphones, laptops, bought a new router 12 months ago, firmware is up to date, life was good, it's as if a switch has been flicked.
Then over night our speeds drop down to less than 3mbs(which makes for slow downloads with up to five devices connected). There  just happens to be a NBN Tower(In the same grounds as the exchange)that is commissioned at the same time the slow speeds start to occur.
I have performed isolation tests, send our isp all kinds of results from tests with screen shots.
Their response,
"We are sorry for the inconvenience of these slow speeds, but all our testing shows nothing wrong with our wholesalers equipment.
You can book a tech to investigate from your boundary to your socket at a cost."

Many of our neighbours have complained to their isp's about the same thing and have been given the same reply.

WTF is it with isp's, they BS all the time.    >:D >:D >:D

I'm going to check all wall sockets, junction boxes in the ceiling again and then we'll go from there.
Bastards  >:D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:19:13 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline J.R

• Tent User
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
Have to give it to the Talliban, they are able to upload videos from the caves in the mountains of Afghanistan, but we are flat out getting good internet in Australia.

It seems our ISP's reckon if you have access to the Internet, even if it's worse than a third world country, then you shouldn't complain.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2015, 12:12:08 PM »
Have to give it to the Talliban, they are able to upload videos from the caves in the mountains of Afghanistan, but we are flat out getting good internet in Australia.

It seems our ISP's reckon if you have access to the Internet, even if it's worse than a war torn third world country, then you shouldn't complain.

Fixed it for you

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2015, 12:54:37 PM »

It seems our ISP's reckon if you have access to the Internet, even if it's worse than a third world country, then you shouldn't complain.

Can't argue with that

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2015, 01:15:17 PM »
We enjoyed fast internet speeds up to about 4 weeks ago. ADSL+2 we are less than 1km from the exchange, we could download at nearly 15mbs, with three teenagers using ipads, iphones, laptops, bought a new router 12 months ago, firmware is up to date, life was good, it's as if a switch has been flicked.
Then over night our speeds drop down to less than 3mbs(which makes for slow downloads with up to five devices connected). There  just happens to be a NBN Tower(In the same grounds as the exchange)that is commissioned at the same time the slow speeds start to occur.
I have performed isolation tests, send our isp all kinds of results from tests with screen shots.
Their response,
"We are sorry for the inconvenience of these slow speeds, but all our testing shows nothing wrong with our wholesalers equipment.
You can book a tech to investigate from your boundary to your socket at a cost."

Many of our neighbours have complained to their isp's about the same thing and have been given the same reply.

WTF is it with isp's, they BS all the time.    >:D >:D >:D

I'm going to check all wall sockets, junction boxes in the ceiling again and then we'll go from there.
Bastards  >:D

I have had the same here, I am down to 3mbs , I have complained and complained. They will not tell me what their minimum is when paying for adsl2 is so I don't know how to take my complaints any further.
This started when netflix got going, I think we have been throttled so they can stream at full speed, after all Telstra own part of foxtel, the opposition, so they need to prop it up at our expense I think.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
They know what's going on, they have access to all kinds of gadgets and testing to pin point a fault. 
We have three wall sockets, I have isolated all phones and other equipment that use a wall socket and the slow speed is still there.
The only thing left to do is climb up in the roof and check the two junction points there.
Years ago I had the same problem and a Telstra tech had found that the Gahlahs had strip the aerial wire from the pole outside of our boundary to the Telstra pit.
After that was fixed, we had a huge storm with many many stricks of lightening hit pits and the exchange, very few people in town had internet access, let alone phone access, yet there wasn't a problem at that they could see.
A local Telstra Tech admitted to me that Telstra's infrastructure was fried and it would take a few weeks to track down all line faults, yet the isp was saying that there was not a problem.

I hate being told BS.
 >:D

Funny, while talking to my isp, they mentioned that if I switch to the NBN there would be a chance that the slow speeds would disappear

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »
Hey Hairs, are you really sure its a fault?

It could just be that you're a little bit slow.  ;D

We still love ya if ya a bit simple but.  :cheers:
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2015, 03:15:13 PM »
Hey Kev,

I will now disappear

Seeya on the Dark Side.

:cheers:

Offline Snapman007

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Beer
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »
Hey Hairs, are you really sure its a fault?

It could just be that you're a little bit slow.  ;D

We still love ya if ya a bit simple but.  :cheers:

Kevs' got a point.🙊

I think the telco companies suck us in for the honeymoon period then dial back the bandwidth.

Unless I want to spend 50mins on the phone complaining (on hold), at times I have to put up with dialup speeds or release the moths.
Cheers,
Paul

2003 V8 Sahara
2010 Lifestyle Extenda Elite
Great haircut

Offline Jackdawg

• Swag User
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2015, 05:22:14 AM »
3mb/s, in my dreams, I get 150kb/s on my adsl2 on a good day, I'm the last street they will provide service to from the exchange.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2015, 06:45:46 AM »
Quote from: Hairs
Funny, while talking to my isp, they mentioned that if I switch to the NBN there would be a chance that the slow speeds would disappear
gee, that's a shock.. **** up everyones connection so they swap over, and we can get rid of all our old comms gear...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2015, 07:42:27 AM »

Hairs, you say it's a new NBN tower & then they talk about switching over - has NBN or anyone else advised that you can now get access to NBN?
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:58 AM »
We lose internet access at least three times a day, sometimes for up to an hour. If I'm not aware of it & don't reboot the modem, it stays off. I was sent a new modem recently, after several attempts at getting the truth out of someone, with little or no improvement.
And then....................I get a request from them to ask if I'd mind if they stick an NBN tower & compound on my property for a moderate annual fee.
"Let me just think about that? It would easy knock $100,000 + off the value" & "No" I'm not a NIMBY.
I pointed out that there were several negatives to their offer & supplied a better site, in my opinion!
Steve
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »
NBN co is around corner from work... still chattin to the blokes at lunch tryin to get a freeby connection :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »
Chuck your address into this page.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address.html?cid=paid_google:nbn_brand_exact:nbn&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4eqyBRDUh7Omv9vCtsoBEiQAspfs8giTQnChfTNjzTPFFR5-qjUhLVTIFu-NgCYdiTaW7s4aAr-m8P8HAQ

Thanks mate. They can't even get my address correct as it comes up as Kobble Creek, not Armstrong Creek, although I might be being a bit pernickety there as the two districts are separated by our road. :D
Steve 
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2015, 08:44:04 AM »
Thanks mate. They can't even get my address correct as it comes up as Kobble Creek, not Armstrong Creek, although I might be being a bit pernickety there as the two districts are separated by our road. :D
Steve
sounds like your really up the creek then.....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline callmejoe

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »
Went to a servo,  go to buy 98 premium. Clicks on. Then off. Thats it no more. .35cents worth. Now I'm told oh pump must be playing up, and to find out it has been for a MONTH.   In goes 95. 125L worth...
Now my rant as I go to pay for the  95 plus they have included the 98 premium of a whole  .35cents. Which i refuse to pay. (Yes i know its only .35c)
As far as I'm concerned  for this piss amount  (bit different if talking  L's)it like getting a faulty product,  so why would i pay for a faulty product.... Specially when THEY KNOWN the pump wasn't working correctly. 
If i ordered a toastie and it came out uncooked would u pay for that. No i wouldn't either...

Joe
Life's wasn't meant to be fair.
Well so I've been told. ..

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »
so on friday night i tried to post in the drunk thread, while watching the ac-dc concert on tv (i think on channel 1)
but had major problems and ended up not posting :'(

i think i was to drunk 

oh the wisdom you all missed out on

Adam
Hilux 2002 LN167 + Stockman POD

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »
so on friday night i tried to post in the drunk thread, while watching the ac-dc concert on tv (i think on channel 1)
but had major problems and ended up not posting :'(

i think i was to drunk 

oh the wisdom you all missed out on

Adam

Maybe we should move this to the "what we are grateful for" thread.  ;D ;D

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »
Maybe we should move this to the "what we are grateful for" thread.  ;D ;D

dodge a bullet.

next time i might just try some bulk pm's instead >:D

Adam
Hilux 2002 LN167 + Stockman POD

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »
Just atm I am seriously p1ssed off  >:( >:( I have absolutely nothing else to rant about  >:D >:D >:D >:D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »
Missus' cousin has a slight disability, the second he speaks, you can tell.......

Any how, he owns a little Jap pop up roof diesel van thingy, that he travels the country in. He's not long had it and has had trouble with the fridge. 12v upright 80l ish. Battery keeps going flat. Someone suggested he get his battery tested. So he did. Surprise, surprise, needs a new one.

I suggested he drop the old one off to me at work and I'll charge it, load it up and see how it goes. He did and it was sitting at close to 13v, about 2 weeks after being removed from the car.

So Saturday morning, I plug in a hot Waeco 40l fridge, 30 hot cans and throw in the fridge monitor. Was expecting the battery to be dead by Sat night. It was around 12 1/2 volts (I did wright it down at home) Sunday morning much the same, beer at 1 deg. By Sunday night, 36 hours after the uncharged battery was loaded up by hot beer/fridge comb, the battery sat at 12.2v, what was left of beer was at 1deg.

Without jumping to conclusions, I'd guess this battery has SFA wrong with it. Charged it overnight and will restock with cold cans tonight and see how lasts, after a decent charge. If it holds up, which I'm sure it will, I'll take it down to where he had it replaced, play dumb and have them test it. Will be interesting to see what they say.
If they say it needs replacing, then I'll accept that is how they operate and will let them know what I think of how they operate. If however, they tell ME it is fine, the same battery they told HIM required replacing, it would appear they are playing on his disability. If so, someone there is going to have a very bad day.

Will see how it holds up over the next few days first. Maybe it is dead, but I doubt it.
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....