Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512358 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: We suck at cricket....
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
Some classics here

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/as-england-whinge-about-ashes-sledging-we-remind-them-of-the-beauty-of-this-cricket-artform/story-fndpt0dy-1226767824860

Glenn McGrath to West Indian batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan: "What does Brian Lara's c..k taste like?

Sarwan didn't take kindly to the inference that he and his team-mates worshipped the great Brian Lara. His reply was both swift and deliciously crude: "I don't know, ask your wife".

McGrath didn't deal kindly with that and uttered all sorts of obscenities. It's worth mentioning that at the time, the late Jane McGrath had not yet been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Glenn McGrath - "You mention my f..cking wife again and I'll rip your f..king throat out!"
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »
Another i remember reading about (tho cant remember the players involved) was something like this
Bowler said to batsman after delivering 5 consective bouncers that went through to the keeper " hey its red & round & your supposed to try & hit it"

Batsman after dispatching the next ball to the stands duly replied " You know what it looks like, so now go & get it"

Not sure but think one DK Lillee was involved & perhaps Viv Richards (could be urban myth)
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2013, 03:12:39 PM »
Another i remember reading about (tho cant remember the players involved) was something like this
Bowler said to batsman after delivering 5 consective bouncers that went through to the keeper " hey its red & round & your supposed to try & hit it"

Batsman after dispatching the next ball to the stands duly replied " You know what it looks like, so now go & get it"

Not sure but think one DK Lillee was involved & perhaps Viv Richards (could be urban myth)

Read that one this morning on ninemsn Viv and Greg Thomas.  Here is a link to a few others they had on there.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/slideshowajax/130638/crickets-most-memorable-sledges.slideshow

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/embattled-england-no3-jonathan-trott-flies-home-with-a-stressrelated-illness/story-fndpt0dy-1226768146271

Jonathan Trott has dropped a bombshell on the England team by quitting the tour of Australia immediately due to a stress-related illness. 

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2013, 07:13:56 PM »
http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/embattled-england-no3-jonathan-trott-flies-home-with-a-stressrelated-illness/story-fndpt0dy-1226768146271

Jonathan Trott has dropped a bombshell on the England team by quitting the tour of Australia immediately due to a stress-related illness. 

Coincidence or was Warner onto something? Wish him well but maybe Warner was right?
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »

Regardless of the sport or what country he is from or what country he plays for wish him well in his recovery that would be a tough decision to leave the tour.

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2013, 08:06:42 PM »
Yep would be tuff alright, who knows what's happening in his personal life. Good luck.

BD :cheers:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline gibbo301

• Still doing it in my Aussie Swag
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
lol

Offline mrdenn1s

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Dennis Does Cricket
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
Dodgy plug for our cricket podcast:

Take a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/cant-bowl-cant-throw/ep-3-cant-bowl-cant-throw
2014 Blue Water Tanami Soft floor Camper
2000 Landcruiser 105 GXL Inline 6
2011 Kia Sorento

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2013, 01:06:47 PM »
Mitch on a hat trick, poms 7/117 chasing 570, doesn't get any better than that :)

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »
About time he learnt to bowl at the wickets. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2013, 02:20:48 PM »
The non believers here must be very upset that the Aussies are doing so well. Hang your head in shame!  :-[ 
Go you good thing.  ;D
Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »
Mitch finishes them off with 7/40 from 17 :cup:

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

nbd73

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »
Watson, under no pressure whatsoever, has failed yet again. He certainly will be saving on sun screen this summer given how little time he spends batting.

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2013, 03:43:08 PM »
Watson, under no pressure whatsoever, has failed yet again. He certainly will be saving on sun screen this summer given how little time he spends batting.

Agree but bowled OK. Plus, I'm sure they where sent for quick runs but yes failed....:-)
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline Murph

• Tent User
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »
It's not that Watto failed but the way he failed !

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »
same can be said for Clark, just as inconsistent   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

nbd73

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:32 PM »
same can be said for Clark, just as inconsistent
Inconsistent? 2 centuries in 4 innings this series thus far. That ranks with any player in any series ever played. Bit early to call him inconsistent. Check his average over the last 2 years> that's usually a good indicator of consistency, rather than career average. Ignoring England where EVERY batsman struggled, he has been a superior player.
Disagree, please prove me wrong....

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=3067

As inconsistent as any other batter I guess,  Just sick of the commentators referring to Clark as as the worlds best batsman, some comments making him better then Bradman.  I don't know what they base that comment on

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=0225
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

nbd73

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »
http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=3067

As inconsistent as any other batter I guess,  Just sick of the commentators referring to Clark as as the worlds best batsman, some comments making him better then Bradman.  I don't know what they base that comment on

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=0225

Every player who does well for a period is inevitably compared to the incomparable . Rather than the Don's chart, how about putting up the best 3 or5 of the current players: I am sure Clarke's batting would compare favourably. Leave him alone as a player, captaincy & personality are separate issues. If you don't like him just state why, but don't say his contributions as a batter are inconsistent compared to any other modern day player.

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »
My boxing day tickets have increased in value exponentially
Although we may well haqve ashes secured by then  :D
Well i guess the VIP Breakfast will be chirpy   ;D
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »
Looks like Ian Botham's prediction of a 5 - nil series could be bang on...       

Man we suck at cricket ;D

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2013, 08:22:14 AM »
I just arrived at the Adelaide Oval. Can't wait to see smith get to 50, Warner get his Ton this morning, and then maybe try to pile a few more on quickly.... Then to get the Poms in and bowl them out this afternoon / this evening would be good.
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
I just arrived at the Adelaide Oval. Can't wait to see smith get to 50, Warner get his Ton this morning, and then maybe try to pile a few more on quickly....

You won't see that as Clarke has declared without another ball being bowled...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »
I've never been happier to be wrong about Mitch Johnson. Wonder how long it will last this time?

This 4th innings is more like how the series will finish I reckon. The poms batting a bit better and our bowlers not getting it as easy with the ball.
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)