Author Topic: Cricket 2022/23  (Read 6596 times)

Online xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Cricket 2022/23
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:30:49 AM »
Hooray, at last a green top instead of the dead batters strips we have seen for years   :cheers: and what happens, wickets fall, "renowned batsmen" fail and we have a result in 2 days instead of a draw over 5  ???

Batsmen and captains complaining , poor didums, didn't hear the bowlers complaining when they had 4 and 500 runs belted off of them.. The strips in the dim,dark past were usually reasonably  green for the 1st day and a half for the bowler, pitch quietened down for the batsmen for the next 1 and half days and then the spinners had a go.

BUT NOT ANYMORE dead batting pitches so "batsmen " can score 100's for their ego's .
CA, has a lot to answer for, all they think of is the $$$$ they can rake in to pay massive salaries to players and cheats (1 that wants to be captain)

The ICC should be pouring money into countries like the West Indies to turn them into the old "Calypso Cricketers" again, some of the African countries could do with some help as well, but that'snot going to happen, they don't command any clout with the ICC, it's all about Australia, India, and Sri Lanka now.

End of rant
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Cricket 2022/23
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 09:04:20 AM »
I agree... if the next few games are over in 2 days all the better... but means less sleep.  ;D  Sadly another one sided series.  :-[

No amount of money would bring the W-indies back to the glory days sadly... Even some of the Windies greats have said the local teams over there struggle to get enough players... Would be brilliant if they would climb back up...

There was a story on world of sport or one of those shows showing how many kids teams are struggling to get full teams in AU these days - Xbox rules now days....   :'( :'( yet we seem to be able to keep creating great players... so not sure what the answer is
Shame, many day spent at the SCG as a kid watching the Windies play. Back when it was a sport. Still got a few signatures on mini cricket bats  :cup:

You are right on all about India... talking to the guys at work in india, the amount of power and corruption they openly discuss is mind blowing. The world knows it but cant do anything about it... they are too powerful now.

But you can bet your left nut the MCG wont be green.. it'll probably be asphalt
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 09:35:28 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 12:06:34 PM »
So Keith - your a selector...

Next test -> Warner... yes or no
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Online xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 12:30:04 PM »
So Keith - your a selector...

Next test -> Warner... yes or no

No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,
No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,
No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 01:19:57 PM »
No etc

can you clarify that....  ;D
but remember it will be a road this time..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 01:22:15 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 10:51:04 AM »
No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,

apparently he is guaranteed to start according to Radio today.. its his 100th game....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 01:02:43 PM »
apparently he is guaranteed to start according to Radio today.. its his 100th game....

Be his 1st 'Hundred' in a while!
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 11:48:21 AM »
Aussies to score 1200 by end of day, game over by drinks tomorrow.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 09:12:46 AM »
After Ch 7 wanted a refund, the new deal is about a billion more than I thought they'd pay..

Aussie cricket signs monster $1.5bn deal
The Big Bash will slice a massive 20 games off its season potentially reducing it by at least two weeks as part of changes under the massive new seven-year, $1.51 billion broadcast deal announced on Tuesday.

The new deal with the Foxtel Group (including Fox Sports on Foxtel and streaming service, Kayo Sports), Seven and 7plus, means they will broadcast Australian international men’s and women’s matches as well as the WBBL and BBL until 2031.

Watch BBL12. Every game live and ad-break free during play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

Among the key changes will be a reduction in the season length for the BBL, which this year runs from December 13 to the final on February 4.

Instead of the 61-games played this season, there will only be 43, and three finals instead of five, from 2024 onwards with a later calendar start as well to align better with school holidays.

The length has of the season has long been a bug bear of players, but has also impacted the availability of Australia’s best players, and the best internationals, who choose shorter competitions overseas at the same time.

“The breadth and quality of cricket to be played in Australia over the coming summers is extraordinary and we are looking forward to working with our partners to not only televise the games, but to promote and grow cricket by encouraging more kids to pick up a bat and ball,” Cricket Australia boss Nick Hockley said as the deal was confirmed.

“This is also an important commercial outcome for all of Australian Cricket and one that will ensure we can continue to deliver important community programs, support volunteers and increase participation to keep cricket strong.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/there-will-be-a-lot-less-big-bash-games-under-the-new-tv-rights-deal/news-story/a352121919b3c77dbb7b61a7822a97e8
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 09:18:14 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 09:48:00 AM »
Warner to score another ton... cementing his position in the grandstand
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline westvic

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 05:32:15 PM »
Warner to score another ton... cementing his position in the grandstand
Mmmmmm no
Getting there if half the fun

The other half is a cold beer when you do.

Online xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 05:55:13 PM »

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 07:43:26 PM »
they should have let Renshaw get his 100.. result would still have been the same.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 08:42:39 AM »
Warner man of the series ??? WTF? 1 score and fuc kall else
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline below sea level

• Swag User
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »
Warner man of the series ??? WTF? 1 score and fuc kall else

His last test on his home ground, so of course he gets player of the series. They would have given him that even if he didn't score a single run.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »
Warner....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline paul.o

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2023, 12:42:06 PM »
We can only hope he gets a tap on the shoulder in a test or two, so someone can get settled before the Ashes. He was a flop last time, nothing will change there.

And well done to Murphy! Got the first wicket of the match on his debut!  :cup:

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2023, 03:05:05 PM »
How did Head get left out ??? Didnt pay the right people ?

In 3 balls… India scored more runs than Warner, Khawaja, Renshaw, Cummins, Murphy, Lyon and Boland combined.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline westvic

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2023, 04:53:53 PM »
And well done to Murphy! Got the first wicket of the match on his debut!  :cup:

Now the first 4 wickets  ;D
Getting there if half the fun

The other half is a cold beer when you do.
The following users thanked this post: paul.o

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2023, 05:49:50 PM »
amazing effort by the kid gettn 7 for... just now watch him become the latest hero to the media...

apart from that total shambles.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2023, 09:36:07 PM »
Warner LMAO ... broad must lick his lips
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2023, 10:05:54 AM »
Warner LMAO ... broad must lick his lips

As do lots of bowlers lately, easy statistic.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2023, 08:41:21 PM »
Warner out to Broad for a massive 4.. Im in such deep deep shock.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2023, 12:02:02 AM »
Warner out to Broad for 17th time.... scored a massive 1..

how about how Keith??
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home