Author Topic: Oztent Oxley 5 Touring Canvas Tent  (Read 5940 times)

Offline 63holden

• Learning the Ropes
Oztent Oxley 5 Touring Canvas Tent
« on: January 19, 2020, 06:37:31 PM »
I'm looking at the Oztent Oxley 5 Touring Canvas Tent as it ticks just about all of my requirements
quick to set up and pack up , reasonable weight and packed size  ,can be used with or without the fly and enough room for 2 people for more than an overnight stop
I was looking at the black Wolf Turbo 240 but this looks better value and I prefer Oxley awning being separate to the fly
My question is I see they are on clearance at Tentworld and backorder so are these tents being discontinued or are you just not stocking them anymore?
Thanks
WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Alpine 13 hybrid camper

Offline Jon Burrell - Tentworld

• Tent User
    • Tentworld - Shop Online or In-Store
Re: Oztent Oxley 5 Touring Canvas Tent
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »
Morning 63Holden,

OZtent have discontinued the Oxley 5 Touring Tent range and we are clearing out what stock we had left. 

We have pretty much sold out of the canvas model, with only one showing on hand in Canberra & Adelaide.  Our online stock is sold out. 

We do still have good stock of the polyester model which is also very good pricing too.

If you'd like one of the canvas ones I'd be happy to see if I can secure you one of these. 

Just PM me your contact details & delivery address and I'll see what can be done.

Kind Regards, 

Jon

Happy Camping! 

Browse our range, and shop online at:
https://www.tentworld.com.au/
Find your local Tentworld Camping Store at: 
https://www.tentworld.com.au/camping-stores

Offline 63holden

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 10:11:45 AM »
G'day Jon

Do you know the reason behind the discontinuation as they seem to compare well to the Black Wolf offerings, is there any issue I should be aware of?

Thanks
Mark
WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Alpine 13 hybrid camper

Offline Jon Burrell - Tentworld

• Tent User
    • Tentworld - Shop Online or In-Store
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 04:15:01 PM »
G'day Jon

Do you know the reason behind the discontinuation as they seem to compare well to the Black Wolf offerings, is there any issue I should be aware of?

Thanks
Mark

Sorry for my delay here Mark. 

Oztent do make quality gear & there is no specific problem with this Oxley tent series (if there was - we wouldnt be selling them - but returning them to OZtent). 

However, they never really did get a great response from our customers. 

I think the problem was that they looked quite a lot like a Blackwolf Turbo Tent, and were priced very similarly. Their features overall are also similar.

However, the frame system is quite different - despite looking the same.  The way you pitch a Oxley is very different to a Turbo.

For our customers many would ultimately choose the Turbo rather than the Oxley when the pricing was similar - mostly because Turbo has the name for this shape tent, and was overall more familiar to people.   

So Oztent are now prototyping something else to fit into this category as they are aware that the OZTent RV series does not suit everyone with how long they are, so they're keen to offer something unique and appealing in this space. 

However, for the pricing we're now offering the Oxley - whilst there is stock available, I think its definitely worth consideration. 
Happy Camping! 

Browse our range, and shop online at:
https://www.tentworld.com.au/
Find your local Tentworld Camping Store at: 
https://www.tentworld.com.au/camping-stores

Offline 63holden

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 03:58:47 PM »
Thanks for that information Jon
I have been lucky enough to pick up a second hand Oztent Jet Tent F21 that looks brand new including the peaked side panels and front panel for a price that was too good to pass up that should be perfect for my needs

Cheers
WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Alpine 13 hybrid camper
The following users thanked this post: Jon Burrell - Tentworld