Author Topic: Awesome Weekend Away  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Vitara_JaycoSwift_Outback

• Soft Floor Camper User
Awesome Weekend Away
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »
Like, what felt like the entire population we ventured away for the long weekend. Our trips away have been almost non existent since bub came along 6months ago as he has not given us the easiest time. He was fantastic this time and was a real trooper. Unfortunately our spot was way to close to the fire but he managed to get to sleep and sleep through all the carry on that normally goes on around a fire from a large group of people.

We also camped next to a large group of Kurdish refugees who cooked up some amazing food on the fire. Lent them my axe to chop up some wood and they returned the favour with the best beef skewers I've ever eaten. They genuinely seemed grateful to be able out enjoying our wonderful country

The following users thanked this post: Nay-DMAX, plusnq

Offline markymark

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • everyone seems normal until you get to know them
Re: Awesome Weekend Away
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
We also camped next to a large group of Kurdish refugees who cooked up some amazing food on the fire. Lent them my axe to chop up some wood and they returned the favour with the best beef skewers I've ever eaten. They genuinely seemed grateful to be able out enjoying our wonderful country
Love hearing it, too many stories the opposite of that lately. Cross-cultural sharing can be a wonderful thing when foods involved! Makes our bbq and meat pies just that little bit plain sometimes.
Trak Shak, FJ Cruiser