Author Topic: 4/1 roster. Help please  (Read 8255 times)

Offline 666Glenn

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: 4/1 roster. Help please
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »
Hey Buster,
I did the away gig for 7 years , got set up financially and then took a office job.
Extremely hard on family and marriage, save as much aspossible and then get out.

Offline ozstickman

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just Grinning
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
I use to do between 2 to 8 weeks away at a time and home for maybe a few days when I was driving highway trucks. Earnt big coin but never home. It did strain us (wife and I) but we made it work. Now I did 7/7 I could not go back. Earnt about half but I have so much family time now I love it.

You sound like both you and your wife have thought about it so good luck mate.

The Queensland market is rooted. With the company I am with nearly 3 years ago were crews of 25. Now 8.  Now that's us a mob that is still here, lots that have been told to go and not come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't complain! It could be worse, you could be six foot under or a brick of ashes!!
Our camper Barry - http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31963.0

Offline Black-Pig

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Everything is Subject to change...
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »
I do 5 and 5 on ships. Married and about to have first kid. Will see what happens then. When I first started at sea it was 4 months on, 1 off with an over seas tanker company but was common roster during training in the UK. Then to 4/3 no on to 5/5 or 4/4 depending on job. It come down to your life style choice and what you and partner can put up with.
05 SR5 Hilux  - With Fruit...
2012 Outback Sturt - with some modifications

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
I am hoping to move from a 5 on 2 off roster (normal full time in the real world) to a 4 on 3 off roster. This will give me three nights away each week. Mind you this is drive in not FIFO so very different.

Bunyip

4 and 3 sucks i did it for a year and a half you have no back to back so you get all the calls on your days off. Basically you feel like you just got away and then you are back again. I would ask for 8 and 6 and you are 7 nights away then 7 nights home
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Aaron Schubert

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • 4WDing Australia
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »
4/1 is good for money, and that's it

Aaron
My Isuzu Dmax

Check out my blog at 4WDing Australia

Offline KieranR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »
I work at Wheatstone LNG project for the EPCM company on 3 & 1, have done FIFO most of my working life, varying rosters, not ll rosters are family / relationship killers, i wont get involved in that debate, however if you are looking for sparky work, we are mobilising Downer to site here later in Q3, they have the contract for all electrical and instro work, apart form substation construction, Zinfra are doing that, get onto wheatstonejobs.com and fill out an ROI, it will pay to fill one out every couple of weeks to keep it near the top, as we literally have thousands upon thousands of them submitted weekly. 

anyone employed here at wheatstone must be selected from this talent pool, even if you have contacts and manage to jump the que you will be required to still fill one out.  other compnaies that have sparkies here are Kiewit/Ertech JV, Bam clough, Keller/frankiepile and some others, but i would suggest Downer as they will be manning up substantially soon.

we are still very early stages here although we have been here for two years already, so plenty of work to come, all our subcontractors are 4/1 for manual workers, supervision and above are 3/1

PM me if you need any ohter info mate