26-30 years old
31-35 years old
36-40 years old
41-45 years old
46-50 years old
51-55 years old
56-60 years old
Newby, just start
Too many years have passed, too old and can't remember. I do remember Captain Cook though....:-)

Author Topic: How old is every one and what age did you get into the 4x4 and camping scene  (Read 24178 times)

Offline GanG

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • NEDSA
Quote from:  Tjupurula
A question for you.  Do we do it tough, or is it jus that most people are used to all the moden things that we still do not use all that much, or to be more honest, cannot afford?  A lot of black fellas would probably use such things if they could buy them.
Regards
Tjupurula
well thats true enough Tjupurula, the blackfellas I know like many of the same comforts I do but as you say its being able to access/afford them thats the issue. I think the modern urbanized man is very soft........I look at my sons mates, most are barely able to change a tyre or use a spanner, the hardy and resourceful man is almost gone, sleeping a night on the ground would break most of them :laugh:
Light travels faster than sound............that's why some folks may appear bright until they speak

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
47, Been camping for 25 years off & on.
The first camping trip was overnight, as a kid a few us got a mates older brother to drive us from Ballina to Byron Bay. We camped in a couple of tents right on the beach front at the First sun Caravan Park, it was a surfing weekend
Had pizza for dinner, and a lot of beers
It bucketed down rain and we got as wet as shags.
The sun came out the next morning and flogged us.
Use to camp most weekends as a young bloke up & down the coast, manly surfing trips with the boys.
Before Fysh & I got married we traveled to Nowra, camped down & back in a tent. Stayed at some great spots on the beaches.
05 we had a tent.

We then bought a trailer, and it has grown from there.

To what we have now.

Now I am fortunate enough to write articles for the local paper. Bogged
Loving it 

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
young urban professional - don't know what Marcus73  is on about he is a little strange. but I am sure you are far from it

Settle down!!

Sent from the machine that goes..... Bing!

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
Settle down!!

Sent from the machine that goes..... Bing!

Don't worry Marcus, you have been referred to only as a little strange, believe me, most people these days consider me completely out of date.  I am from the desert, have no tolerance for political correctness, as well as being black and disliking the so called black fellas in towns.....You could call me strange beyond reason, and I would say thanks.
Tjupurula

Offline johnyd

• Soft Floor Camper User
Started the week long trips at 12.  Did a few overnight shorties before then starting around 5.

Mum doesn't like camping, and neither of them wanted to take me too far away from power as I had asthma and needed a powered thingy fairly often, especially if I ran around. 

It eased up around 12 and we also got a generator so the machine came on the trip with us.  I did have a small attack that year, but haven't had an issue since.

24 now.