Author Topic: 60 lt engel fridge prices  (Read 8686 times)

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The count down is on...
60 lt engel fridge prices
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
Looking at purchasing the 60lt engel for our vacation camper.
Note not the combi 57lt.

What's the best price you have seen on this? It's listed on eBay for $1500 without a cover,
Or 1700 with the bag.

Has anyone seen better than this?

Not looking to buy from eBay but will use it to compare prices on a new fridge.

Offline Canaussie

• Tent User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »
I paid 1800 for mine with all the goodies, cards,8 l cooler, ice bag, folding chair, snap lock containers and travel cover!! Hat was in emerald Qld at wallaby jacks! I went to man stores and online and local this time was the best option!

Sent from Billy's iPhone using Tapatalk
Vinnie D4 2.7L 2012
Boogie Lifestyle extenda 2012

Mods.....what mods?

crackacoldie

Re: 60 lt engel fridge prices
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »
Caravan show season starts in Adelaide this weekend, so may have some chearper deals.

:cheers: Cracka

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
Canaussie sounds like a good deal. Do you find the insulated bag to help with efficiency?
I like how it protects as well but out fridge will sit in the slide so it shouldn't get knocked about too much.

Crackacoldie, we've got a show this weekend down our way and I'm hoping to pick one up from there. I want it for Easter so can't wait for the Rosehill show. Hoping to get a good deal but I'm looking for a guide.

nbd73

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »
Definitely from a show. There's usually more than 1 store selling them, price them all & don't be afraid to let them know that's what you're doing. If someone wants a sale they will come to the party, though I noticed when doing this 1.5yrs ago that the tendency was to throw in free "junk" rather than discount the price too much. Push hard and you should get a good deal. The engels are the dearest for good reason, although make sure it has the thermostatic temp control otherwise you have to keep adjusting the power level to suit the quantity & temp of the contents (I bought ARB for this reason, but the Engel does use less power).

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »
My next fridge will be a Trailblaza 80 -100 litre. Although my Engel 57 litre is a great fridge, I think the Trailblaza is far superior.
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
Do the new ones have the thermostatic temperature control? We've been borrowing an older 40 lt and it is a bit of a pain to keep adjusting the power level to stay at desired temperature.

We have settled for the engel for quality although I haven't been able to look at the arb in the flesh and the website doesn't give away a lot.

Offline chief_wiggum

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »
Bought one in nov. got it for 1650 with transit bag. It was a camping store in morayfeild Qld. Can't remember their name but found them through eBay.

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
Fuji, had a look at the trailblazer but they are too tall and won't fit in with my built in fridge slide.

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »
Bought one in nov. got it for 1650 with transit bag. It was a camping store in morayfeild Qld. Can't remember their name but found them through eBay.

Admittedly I have been looking like a hawk but that is the best price I've seen as long as I can get that locally without freight costs.

Offline chisel

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Lifestyle Extenda 2012, Landcruiser 100 TD 2006
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »
Rays Outdoors sometimes have 26.5% off storewide which would mean $1322 for the 60L Engel.  I am not certain if they are still including Engels in their "storewide" sales though.

Offline Canaussie

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
Yes the bag does have a bit of insulating properties, but have not tested it without as I always leave the bag on. I think leaving the fridge out if direct sunlight is a must. I was looking at the Arb fridges as well and they seem like a great product, I believe Engel has a superior fridge with low power draw! You will be happy I believe with any fridge as it will keep your beer cold. With any fridge I think a good vacuum for your food is a must! I still don't own one myself but in 4 months in doing the cape for a month and will be giving evwrything a workout!

Sent from Billy's iPhone using Tapatalk
Vinnie D4 2.7L 2012
Boogie Lifestyle extenda 2012

Mods.....what mods?

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
Fuji, had a look at the trailblazer but they are too tall and won't fit in with my built in fridge slide.

I am thinking of the Ute range. I too won't be able to fit it in the camper, so leaving Egel in camper and tie down the Trailblaza in front of the cargo barrier. :o
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline qlddsl

• Soft Floor Camper User
if i dont need 4wd, i ain't going!!!

Offline Kydar

• Swag User
  • Australia, Love it or Leave it.
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »
Yeah mate if ya can hold out to get a show special its probably your best bet. ( my opinion )
We got our Waeco CFX 65 at the Newcastle show a couple of weeks ago. We got a good price on the fridge inc Thermal bag/cover
and also got a free 40L ice box. Ice box is a slightly cheaper brand however it still retailed at over $100.
I walked out a happy boy..... :cheers:
2014 Nissan Patrol with mods
2012 Lifestyle Walkthru.

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
Portable fridges online seems to have good prices. At least I know if I can't get a better deal locally I could try them out.

Offline Black-Pig

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Everything is Subject to change...
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »
I got a 60ltr ARB, then as I wanted a freezer too went back and got a 35ltr. Both work brilliantly. These are the shorter height wise ones. Sitting on my draws in the back of the ute the big one slides out of the rear canopy lift up window, and the freezer can be opened in situ. I know this does not help you but they are my reasons. Originally go the big one as it fits under the tauneau cover when that is on.
05 SR5 Hilux  - With Fruit...
2012 Outback Sturt - with some modifications

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »
Black-Pig, thinking of doing the same with an engel 32. As the 60 will go in the camper and not come out I'm thinking of keeping a 32 in the back of the ute for a day trip fridge and a longer stay freezer. Not sure if I will get them at the same time due to finances but it is my longer term plan.

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
How high are the ARB fridges of which you speak?

Offline Black-Pig

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Everything is Subject to change...
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Marcus...
http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-freezer-fridges/ and lick on the size you want will give the dimentions.
If your near Launceston go and see the boys they are always good for a laugh and they have them all on display and would more than likely help you out with putting a tester in the car to see if it fits...
05 SR5 Hilux  - With Fruit...
2012 Outback Sturt - with some modifications

Offline brettk

• Tent User
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
brought our 40l from engeland just looked up this for you, from memory we managed to get them down a few $$$$

60 Litre Platinum Series fridge/freezer [ item MT60FP ]      add to cart | view cart 

Price: $1799.00 RRP fridge only. $1799 with genuine Engel transit bag valued at $225.00 included free of charge. Phone or email for your better price

http://www.engeland.com.au/shopshow.toy?areanid=1530&categorynid=768929

Offline Pete_R

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:43 PM »
I paid about $1300 for my 60litre engel at one of Rays sales last year. No bag included but didn't need one. See if Engels are included in their current sale
cheers
Pete

2014 200 Series TTD V8 Land Cruiser VX with quite a few extras.
2015 Lotus Freelander 19'6" caravan. (Previously Complete Campsite Uluru XT 16 camper trailer)