Author Topic: Safe camp in rocky  (Read 1501 times)

Offline moonie80

• Tent User
Safe camp in rocky
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Hi, I'm off to rocky next weekend was wondering if there's a safe place on the outskirts of town where I can pull over and roll my swag out next to the car for a camp? And are there any truckstops with showers? Coming from emerald direction if that helps! Thanks in advance, Peter.

Offline rockygu4.8

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Safe camp in rocky
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
Hi, I'm off to rocky next weekend was wondering if there's a safe place on the outskirts of town where I can pull over and roll my swag out next to the car for a camp? And are there any truckstops with showers? Coming from emerald direction if that helps! Thanks in advance, Peter.
we take the camper out to hedlow creek a bit it's off green lakes road past the olive state. If you google Henderson park it's on the same creek you'll Be camping on the eastern side of the creek it's about 10-15 mins nth of the heritage village. People use to also camp out the wool wash rd but the council stopped it for some crappy reason. As for the showers try the caltex truck stop on the nth side up from maccas should be able to help you out just give them a call their number should be in the book.

4.8 litre Gu Patrol
2006 Goldstream Storm
2010 Armadilo Arma X

Offline moonie80

• Tent User
Re: Safe camp in rocky
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
Thank you very much rocky gu this is a great help