Author Topic: 500 Post Club  (Read 28321 times)

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
500 Post Club
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2012, 07:14:33 AM »
I was hoping it would die a natural death but it hasn't happened.

Next person to post gets a one week ban? :D

Seriously, being a member here shouldn't be about your post count, rather the quality of your contribution.

Tips, mods, tracks, camps, trips, slips and falls, tools, trades, mates and meeting dates. These things add value to this place.

I understand that this a a good place to hang out, and one makes friends here, even if you haven't met in person but threads like these detract from its incepted purpose IMHO.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Re: 500 Post Club
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »
so no more posts allowed on here.  :'(

Such a sad day for democracy  :angel:

Wyno, any last words mate?
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »
Thats a pity

I actually enjoy reading something about nothing.

Now I calculate a 1 week ban should see me miss Yogi's countdown to the Fraser Fiasco...its killing me not going
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
Hi Jules and can see your point of view on this type of thread. On the other hand there are times when thread types you mention are light on and some sillyness like this one can keep people coming back. It can also give an insight into peoples personalities so that you can give a bit of banter back without (dare I say it) the wrath of the mods coming down on you. It has been quiet in the electrical section lately by the way...... :laugh: :laugh:

There has been some vibes lately of "if you can't add value to the thread then don't post" but that would cut out great contributions by "nubes" and many "nubes" would not ask questions which many "oldies" may not know the answer to but were too afraid to ask.
I don't look at my post count at all and "frankly my dear I don't give a.." about it. It's all about the people here and sometimes the entertainment factor is just right up there. There are some great minds contributing to this forum.
Just my point of view.
Weekend is here, yeehaa
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Hi Jules and can see your point of view on this type of thread. On the other hand there are times when thread types you mention are light on and some sillyness like this one can keep people coming back. It can also give an insight into peoples personalities so that you can give a bit of banter back without (dare I say it) the wrath of the mods coming down on you. It has been quiet in the electrical section lately by the way...... :laugh: :laugh:

There has been some vibes lately of "if you can't add value to the thread then don't post" but that would cut out great contributions by "nubes" and many "nubes" would not ask questions which many "oldies" may not know the answer to but were too afraid to ask.
I don't look at my post count at all and "frankly my dear I don't give a.." about it. It's all about the people here and sometimes the entertainment factor is just right up there. There are some great minds contributing to this forum.
Just my point of view.
Weekend is here, yeehaa
I'll drink to that  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
500 Post Club
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
I'll drink to that  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

So will I. It's just a bit of fun.

Wyno.....wyno??! Where are you
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
So will I. It's just a bit of fun.

Wyno.....wyno??! Where are you

Couldn't resist. C'mon you lot BJ is the MOD and we should do as he asks. See you all on another post >:D
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
500 Post Club
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »

Couldn't resist. C'mon you lot BJ is the MOD and we should do as he asks. See you all on another post >:D

Can we start another and call it "gentle banter" and can I be the mod.......please