Author Topic: A VERY BIG THANK YOU  (Read 1616 times)

Offline savio

• Sleeping Bag User
A VERY BIG THANK YOU
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »
I don't know if they are swaggers but a
Very BIG Thank you!!
to the kind people who stopped and assisted an elderly person who came to grief Nth of Sandfire WA.
They not only sat with him for 2 hours until I and another nurse came with the ambulance but they took care of the damaged car which had to be left behind.
Just a timely reminder with the great distance in between towns please consider that the ambulance that arrives is usually not manned/woman-ed by ambulance officers but by remote clinic nurses who have to leave their community without a full coverage of nurses and the community without an ambulance.
So it was great to meet such nice people today who were willing to help. I am only sorry we did not get names as concentrating on the job and doing a quick turn around we forget the nicesties.
If you should stop for accidents please write your names down for us and if you want a follow up on the person/people you are helping I am sure all nurses would be willing to oblige with permission from all concerned.
The quick turn around kept us on the road for 8 hours but I am pleased to know there are lovely caring people traveling our roads.
Safe travels

Offline baldheadedgit

• Hard Top Camper User
  • your shout.?.. I'll ave Arf.......!
Re: A VERY BIG THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:19:51 AM »
Good post and well done on your part......... :cup:
Very true, a lot of people that stop and render assistance, never get a thankyou or update on the other party's condition...
would be nice to know the outcome....................... sometimes.!

Steve
BHG

Poverty Pack.!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:18:08 AM »
It could be you next , a bad card from the blind deck of travel  . Glad ot turned out well  :cup:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Desert lover

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Challenge Meridian Offroad camper, GU Patrol.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
Pleased to hear that all turned out well.  Having spent a lot of time living and working on a remote station I know that the remote nurses do an amazing job in responding to vehicular collisions and emergency call outs.... thank you for your care and dedication! I have also driven "the ambulance" to hospital (5 hours away) while the remote nurse treated the patient in the back.  We left at 9.30pm and got home after 9 am... having put in a full day prior to "the incident" and with the knowledge that a full days work was awaiting out return.
So, many experiences around the roads have  started me wondering how many travellers actually consider the impact their actions have on other parties when they speed along oblivious to the possibility of cattle, camels or wild horses none of which seem to have much road sense bolting out in front of them... or the fact that as they travel along unmade roads the dust and rocks thrown up by their vehicle can be sufficient to create a hazard for others or cause a loss of control.  Maybe a good lesson for all of us to take note that trained help can be hours away and our need may just create more problems for the community which the nurse/s are actually employed to serve.

Here endeth my rant and I will get down off the soap box!

Thanks Nurses and other remote carers!

Desert Lover

Offline GU_Thomo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
Well done to you Savio. :cup:
It is a tough job you remote area nurses have to do.
I, for one, travel easier knowing people such as you are there to help if the worst should happen.

Cheers
Parry