Author Topic: Newbie advice  (Read 1458 times)

Offline haznomad

• Learning the Ropes
Newbie advice
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »
Hi all

After several years of camping in a tent  , we have decided to buy a ct "first one" for the obvious benefits , im not bothered about extras ie, electrics , kitchen etc. as i plan to do the work myself , so i guess what im after is a ct with minimal features but i do want a good strong trailer , problem is however , i know very little about trailer construction , so im hoping you folks can educate me on whats good and whats not , frame construction , drawbar thickness , suspension etc.

Many thanks in advance

H

Offline Roar88

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Newbie advice
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »
What state are you in mate?

Does it have to be new?

Whats your budget?

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »
Yea, big question.  Maybe start having a look at second hand ones on the market and talk to the owners.  We were lucky and bought a used camper and have taken it on the most corrugated and rough roads and tracks and it has never let us down.  It just has 7 left springs with rebounders, but rides extremely well, coupled with an AT35 trailer hitch. One big issue is the bed.  Our bed is a king size, inner spring, and boy, do we love it.  Believe me, you will really appreciate a good bed.  ;D
Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline gibbo301

• Still doing it in my Aussie Swag
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
Yea, big question.  Maybe start having a look at second hand ones on the market and talk to the owners.  We were lucky and bought a used camper and have taken it on the most corrugated and rough roads and tracks and it has never let us down.  It just has 7 left springs with rebounders, but rides extremely well, coupled with an AT35 trailer hitch. One big issue is the bed.  Our bed is a king size, inner spring, and boy, do we love it.  Believe me, you will really appreciate a good bed.  ;D
Kevin

Be a bit lobsided with just 7 left springs hey Kev  ;D