Author Topic: Remote controlled flying things-Quads, Hex, Octo or anything  (Read 673609 times)

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: Remote controlled flying things-Quads, Hex, Octo or anything
« Reply #575 on: October 29, 2014, 07:48:05 AM »
I just bought one of these - I'll let you know the outcome - Pretty sure this will not happen at this price but its Paypal secure so I thought I would try .. LOL Mandrake
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Walkera-TALI-H500-RTF-FPV-Hexrcopter-G-3D-Gimbal-iLook-Cam-DEVO-F12E-GIFT-/201201591414?

I have tried for one as well and my payment is on hold, bet its a return payment for sure

GG

Marschy

« Reply #576 on: October 29, 2014, 07:51:31 AM »
$39 bucks can't be right

Offline CBRK

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #577 on: October 29, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
I just bought one of these - I'll let you know the outcome - Pretty sure this will not happen at this price but its Paypal secure so I thought I would try .. LOL Mandrake
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Walkera-TALI-H500-RTF-FPV-Hexrcopter-G-3D-Gimbal-iLook-Cam-DEVO-F12E-GIFT-/201201591414?

LOL, how do you keep finding these????

That is cheap, the batteries and charger alone would come to that price by themselves......  I wonder about the quality of the batteries, I'd expect them to have a short life.

Good luck with the purchase :-)

Chris
Toyota Prado (96) - 90 Series & Skamper Kamper Ranger Offroad

Mitsubishi Outlander

Offline CBRK

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #578 on: October 29, 2014, 08:12:35 AM »
The cheap modules have far less components. It's not only the flight control board you have to worry about, it's also the quad as well. If it fails out of the sky, more than just the flight controller will be damaged. This first picture shows the dodgy power module that came with the flight control board I bought, the second shows the good power module which is similar to the Hobbyking modules I have just ordered.

Yep, if it goes while you flying at 30+km/h and 20m high, it could go very, very bad.

I'm very happy with both of my HK version of the power module.  They seem to be fairly accurate.

Regards,

Chris

Mitsubishi Outlander

Offline Crisp Image

• Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again!
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #579 on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:26 AM »
Just did it too. Lets see.
Payment is currently unclaimed
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:53:51 AM by Crisp Image »

2008 Outback Sturt, 2010 Prado 150 D4D Tug

Offline Crisp Image

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #580 on: October 29, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »
Ok now for a roll call.
I have read most of the posts in this thread.  What fc is everyone using. I want to upgrade the kk2.1 but am not sure what to go for. I want something that is not too hard to setup but also I don't want another naza.
Gps capability might be nice.
Regards
Crispy

Offline Crisp Image

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #581 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
Listing removed.  Going to reverse the payment.

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Triple Vaxed and ready to go ANYWHERE ( please )
« Reply #582 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »
Mine says this ---
"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter."..

So maybe I still get a Hal500 ?? LOL

Edit - Just got the one from Ebay - Not getting it .. Bugger !! LOL

Mandrake
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:39:00 AM by Mandrake »
Going back to basics - sort of ...

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #583 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
Forgot this little gem -- Someone on another site posted it up - So I bought one - seems like a great idea ...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171513089844?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Makes removing batteries a whole lot easier ... Steve

Offline CBRK

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #586 on: October 29, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »
Ok now for a roll call.
I have read most of the posts in this thread.  What fc is everyone using. I want to upgrade the kk2.1 but am not sure what to go for. I want something that is not too hard to setup but also I don't want another naza.
Gps capability might be nice.
Regards
Crispy

I started with KK2 and it was a good starting board.

I now use the APM2.6 (Plane) and APM2.7 (tricopter).  Both with GPS, OSD, power module and Telemetry.  Soon to add sonar to the tricopter.

My next one will likely be a Pixhawk, just that the APM's time is limited as they are hitting hardware limits now with the code.

I skipped the MultiWii's and various other ones after researching adding GPS.

I'm an IT consultant so I like to tinker with stuff so the APM / Pixhawk meets my needs.  Be prepared to tinker with the APM / Pixhawk, it is far from plug and play.  I have a tray to swap back to the KK2 for my tricopter so that I can have a fun fly (havent yet but I'm sure I will).  I really like the Alt Hold mode, means I can really throw the tri around and I can feel reasonably confident it will all be okay (that and loiter mode is not far away).

Everyone is different though......

Hmmm, I recall saying that you'll be singing out for something a bit more advanced than the KK2 within 2-3 months.....  I think there are alot of KK2 boards collecting dust....

Regards,

Chris
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:48:20 PM by CBRK »

Mitsubishi Outlander

Marschy

« Reply #588 on: October 29, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
I started with KK2 and it was a good starting board.

I now use the APM2.6 (Plane) and APM2.7 (tricopter).  Both with GPS, OSD, power module and Telemetry.  Soon to add sonar to the tricopter.

My next one will likely be a Pixhawk, just that the APM's time is limited as they are hitting hardware limits now with the code.

I skipped the MultiWii's and various other ones after researching adding GPS.

I'm an IT consultant so I like to tinker with stuff so the APM / Pixhawk meets my needs.  Be prepared to tinker with the APM / Pixhawk, it is far from plug and play.  I have a tray to swap back to the KK2 for my tricopter so that I can have a fun fly (havent yet but I'm sure I will).  I really like the Alt Hold mode, means I can really throw the tri around and I can feel reasonably confident it will all be okay (that and loiter mode is not far away).

Everyone is different though......

Hmmm, I recall saying that you'll be singing out for something a bit more advanced than the KK2 within 2-3 months.....  I think there are alot of KK2 boards collecting dust....

Regards,

Chris

X2, plus I like the look of simple mode and super simple mode. They look like they will be great when orientation is lost.

These two modes are very similar. Check out the video on this link. Niotice that the quad is constantly yawing. Very clever software.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flight-modes/simpleandsuper-simple-modes/

Marschy

« Reply #589 on: October 29, 2014, 04:48:51 PM »
The SJ4000 camera is a very good unit. I got mine via FoxOffer - http://www.foxoffer.com/outdoor-sports-camera-sjcam-action-camera-c-57_80.html?zenid=de7d39bc42da11bec3833769ca72b5ab

Not so sure about the seller...

It must be. It's a clone of the GoPro that has proved to be so popular, there are now clones of the clone. Apparently cloned so much that the original makers are now putting 'SJCAM' on the original SJ4000's to identify them from the others.

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #590 on: October 29, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
Mine says this ---
"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter."..

I have only got the one email from ebay so far............same as yours............I was hoping to video the common koel as I chased it out of the tree lol................will wait and see if i get a second email like yours.
Mandrake

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #591 on: October 29, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »
That first bit is in the purchase history on E-Bay ...

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #592 on: October 29, 2014, 09:00:38 PM »
Mine says this ---

Mandrake

My money has already been refunded .... Lol .... They are also listings for $37 and $25 on Ebay ..... They all can't be rip offs .... :D

This will be my Next toy .... Working on the ground station and converting it to my new Taranis .... Don't tell the boss ok :cheers:

yogi
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:06:48 PM by yogi »

Offline gec

• Swag User
  • 5.7 V8 Powered GQ Patrol
« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
Just bought these from Hobbyking the other day, https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=53706     https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=66474
First tried it out on my RC Car, the dog was not impressed lol, I was sitting at the kitchen table as this car was chasing him around the back yard, definitely good for a laugh, I also have a 1.6 meter flying wing which I have now fitted it up to, keen to try it out when the wind calms a little.
Ex Western Patrol Club Member, growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Marschy

« Reply #594 on: October 30, 2014, 06:22:34 AM »
These $39 quads on ebay remind me of the Canon 100-400mm lenses that were being sold from Manila for under $100. I got sucked in on that scam, got my money back pretty quickly though. But it makes you wonder if these sellers actually get away with anybodies money.

Marschy

« Reply #595 on: October 30, 2014, 06:24:35 AM »
Just bought these from Hobbyking the other day, https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=53706     https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=66474
First tried it out on my RC Car, the dog was not impressed lol, I was sitting at the kitchen table as this car was chasing him around the back yard, definitely good for a laugh, I also have a 1.6 meter flying wing which I have now fitted it up to, keen to try it out when the wind calms a little.
You'll be happy with the 700tvl camera. I have three of them now. The picture quality is fantastic for such a little camera.

Marschy

« Reply #596 on: October 30, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Looks like McGirr just got stung with a similar scam for a $19.99 GoPro.

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=25760.msg658728#msg658728

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #597 on: October 30, 2014, 10:34:47 AM »
Got my 800TVL camera yesterday .. Bench test ..OK..

Will fit to front of Phantom for FPV..
Looks like I blew up the Boscam transmitter the other day too ... New one on its way !!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:36:55 AM by Mandrake »

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #598 on: October 30, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
Quote from: Marschy
Looks like McGirr just got stung with a similar scam for a $19.99 GoPro.

Sorry but would anyone honestly expect a Gopro with accessories for $20 ??? Come in sucker.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Marschy

« Reply #599 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »
Looks like I blew up the Boscam transmitter the other day too ... New one on its way !!!

Your 'white smoke' list must get getting as long as mine Mandrake? Crikey I get annoyed with myself when I do it. It's always because I'm not taking my time and not double checking how I've connected something up, or getting the multimeter out.

My 700 tvl camera's are a tiny bit grainy inside in low light, but outside they transmit beautifully, very crisp and sharp image. There was no appreciable difference between it being hooked up directly to the monitor, to when it was hooked up via the transmitter at close range. I haven't had an opportunity to see how well they work at greater range, but that will be more dependent upon the VTx more so than the camera.  I reckon you'll be pleased with the results from you 800 tvl camera. Now you'll have to put one of these on your Xmas shopping list so if you crash you can record the GPS coordinates from your Rambizi OSD.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6218210501.html

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Rambizi OSD you bought as well. I wouldn't mind getting one down the track for my flying wing (if i ever fly the bloody thing that is).