Author Topic: Specials on at Aldi this week!  (Read 158082 times)

Offline sschmez

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • sschmez's "Huts" photos on flickr
Re: Specials on at Aldi this week!
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
Vermont South has 4 compressors as of ten minutes ago.

Offline Camping Grant

• The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Such Is Life
    • Grant & Kerryn's Camping Adventures
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
What does everyone think of the Solar Panels? Reckon they'd be any good?

Cheers
Grant

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »
Well , Wodonga , Lavi , Albury and Wang all sold out of Gennie's and Solar panels by 9AM. 
Bloke was procrastinating about the last one at Wodonga , I was hovering around ready to grab it for a mate and some bloke comes up and says to him " can't go wrong at that price " - gone - Bugger.
Don't live a life of going-to-do's and die with nothing done

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »
Well , Wodonga , Lavi , Albury and Wang all sold out of Gennie's and Solar panels by 9AM. 
Bloke was procrastinating about the last one at Wodonga , I was hovering around ready to grab it for a mate and some bloke comes up and says to him " can't go wrong at that price " - gone - Bugger.

sounds like the same scenario with there portable fridges ,,, grrrrrrrr,  4 different stores and all sold out, i'm guessing they only had 2 or 3 in each store
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2014, 01:49:13 PM »
Grabbed a pop up toilet tent this morning at 8.30 a.m, was gennies there but I didn't see any solar panels (not that I really looked for them)...wasn't as busy as I expected it to be actually.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2014, 02:42:24 PM »
I was in our local about 30 minutes ago so fairly late since they opened and no sign of generators or fridges but there was 10 solar panels and about 20 camp chairs.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2014, 03:05:27 PM »
Grabbed a pop up toilet tent this morning at 8.30 a.m, was gennies there but I didn't see any solar panels (not that I really looked for them)...wasn't as busy as I expected it to be actually.
just tried setting and packing the tent up....there are no pack up instructions that I found only set up. I ended up googling how to pack it up, and on the 3rd video found a way that is simple and works easily. There are a few criss cross poles that are needed to be put in place in the roof section to let the rain drain properly off of the roof of the tent, something I didn't realise before purchasing...so be aware of this as I don't think you have them in the more expensive pop up tents? There's 5 poles in total, but I'll only use 2 of them in the roof section, not that I have a clue where the other 3 go actually. I've not looked hard to find where the other 3 go, but without going back to the instructions I truthfully have no idea ...lol.
I have a more expensive shower tent already and only wanted this for on the move trips as it'll be quicker to set up and is lighter to carry, it'll do the job but I can't see it lasting lots of years...get what you pay for I guess.

Offline Albo

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
Picked up a fridge today, seems to be working ok, time will tell.

Alan
2004 VX Prado and 2006 Goldstream Storm

Offline Muckinhell

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2014 Ecomate traveller forward fold.
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
Rumpig the other 3 poles may go in the sides to hold the walls apart from each other and also make towel rails as well. there may be small slots sewn into the walls half way up if that makes sence. sounds similar to our wild country pop up shower shelter.
2005 HDJ100r Sahara
Better to look at it, than for it!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »
Rumpig the other 3 poles may go in the sides to hold the walls apart from each other and also make towel rails as well. there may be small slots sewn into the walls half way up if that makes sence. sounds similar to our wild country pop up shower shelter.
it said something about the sides when I quickly read the instructions as I opened the packet, but I'll never use them so don't plan to look again where they might go...lol

Offline 404pug

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »
Got the solar panels and the tent. Plugged the solar panels in and the battery in the camper very quickly started to charge up in dappled sun and was soon at 13.5 volts so they seem to work well. A bit heavy though at 13.5 kg. The tent went up fine but getting it down again is another story! Any tricks/clues etc? Thanks.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »
The tent went up fine but getting it down again is another story! Any tricks/clues etc? Thanks.
jump on YouTube and search pop up toilet tent...I found several videos showing how it's done, took the 3rd different way before I could do it though. I'll post the link when on the computer instead of my phone.

Offline MrNoodle

• Swag User
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
jump on YouTube and search pop up toilet tent...I found several videos showing how it's done, took the 3rd different way before I could do it though. I'll post the link when on the computer instead of my phone.
You should link this 3rd vid. A little bit of swearing and eventually got it back in the bag but I dont think its right but to scared to unzip that bag again! I also got the toilet

Offline sschmez

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • sschmez's "Huts" photos on flickr
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
Looking forward to getting the fridge I bought yesterday morning for my birthday next week.

sorry, no reports till then

Stevo

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2014, 07:48:10 AM »
just a note for those of us in the mackay, queensland area...

the word on the street is that the current bunnings site at greenfields will be an aldi store, once the bunnings move to their new store is completed...

good news, if true... :)

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User

Offline Homer_Jay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
This is the clip that helped me fold my ensuite away.... After much swearing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RprCFCCJ7Ow

Landcruiser 76 wagon V8 T/D

Supreme Getaway pop top 12 ft

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »

yeah that's similar to how i folded mine up, though i did it from the skinny end as i tried the fat end and it didn't seem to work for me...lol...probably just a bit more pratice needed though. the video i watched is an old fella in his garage, he pulls the tent back into his stomach area under his belt then lifts up and folds it in similar to the Oztrail guy.

Offline Homer_Jay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
yeah that's similar to how i folded mine up, though i did it from the skinny end as i tried the fat end and it didn't seem to work for me...lol...probably just a bit more pratice needed though. the video i watched is an old fella in his garage, he pulls the tent back into his stomach area under his belt then lifts up and folds it in similar to the Oztrail guy.

I do mine from the 'fat end'.... Maybe I have just had more practice using the fat end than you Rumpig!!  ;D

Landcruiser 76 wagon V8 T/D

Supreme Getaway pop top 12 ft

Offline ATC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »
Picked up the latest catalogue (for 24 & 27 sept)

They have a 40watt flexible / fold up solar panel for $129.
Thinking 2-3 of these hooked up to the ctek, spoke to the boss, she's even approved 2 of these.

Looked at the 120watt panel, but to big & heavy, I think these smaller ones look better.
Couldn't find them on the aldi website though.

Any suggestions from the solar guru's
Price wise it is getting close close to an 80watt projecta solar blanked from Jetcrew.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:39:01 AM by ATC »

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »
Picked up the latest catalogue (for 24 & 27 sept)

They have a 40watt flexible / fold up solar panel for $129.
Thinking 2-3 of these hooked up to the ctek, spoke to the boss, she's even approved 2 of these.

Looked at the 120watt panel, but to big & heavy, I think these smaller ones look better.
Couldn't find them on the aldi website though.

Any suggestions from the solar guru's
Price wise it is getting close close to an 80watt projecta solar blanked from Jetcrew.

I spoke to the manager of Aldi in my area and this is a return special, not all stores will have them thats why there not in catalogue, but Sydney stores had leftovers from the sales of them about 5 weeks ago
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:03:52 PM by areyonga »
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline MrNoodle

• Swag User
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:14 PM »

Thanks homer.  I can't believe it, same as folding a bandsaw blade

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »

Thanks homer.  I can't believe it, same as folding a bandsaw blade

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
without the cuts. Never mastered that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Nikki and Malcolm

• Swag User
  • 2014 Triton & Bluewater Darling hard floor camper
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »
just tried setting and packing the tent up....there are no pack up instructions that I found only set up. I ended up googling how to pack it up, and on the 3rd video found a way that is simple and works easily. There are a few criss cross poles that are needed to be put in place in the roof section to let the rain drain properly off of the roof of the tent, something I didn't realise before purchasing...so be aware of this as I don't think you have them in the more expensive pop up tents? There's 5 poles in total, but I'll only use 2 of them in the roof section, not that I have a clue where the other 3 go actually. I've not looked hard to find where the other 3 go, but without going back to the instructions I truthfully have no idea ...lol.
I have a more expensive shower tent already and only wanted this for on the move trips as it'll be quicker to set up and is lighter to carry, it'll do the job but I can't see it lasting lots of years...get what you pay for I guess.
Rumpig, we got the Aldi Shower Tent as well and had a lovely time trying to fold it back up again! Ended up googling and found some Youtube clips which sort of helped us too! I can see us flinging it into the back of the Triton in frustration rather than fiddling around with it / amusing those near by! Like yourself, we figured it will do for the $.

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »
Bit of a thread revival.

Anyone got one of the Aldi motorbike bluetooth intercom things? If so do they work? Aldi has their motorbike stuff on tomorrow and I see they have some again.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:06:48 PM by lino6 »
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)