Author Topic: BOS Jockey wheel experience  (Read 15874 times)

Offline b1

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: BOS Jockey wheel experience
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »
Anyone with a user update on the BOS? Has it been durable? Does it get jammed on dusty roads? What accessories do you use the most? Would you buy another one ?
The first 50 years of my childhood have been the hardest

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »
Anyone with a user update on the BOS? Has it been durable? Does it get jammed on dusty roads? What accessories do you use the most? Would you buy another one ?

about 18 months use now, these are my comments from another thread.
The Bos370 gear has worked well. What I like most is that the landing legs transfer all the weight from the post through the base plate (most brands load that weight onto the bolt that attaches the base plate. I also like that I can clip in 120mm extensions to the jockey wheel or landing legs if needed. I did have an issue with the swing mount on the jockey wheel where I managed to bend it outwards (user error, not a product failure). Bos had beefed up the swing mount not long after I got mine, so they exchanged my bent one for the new version and it has been great. Really good company to deal with and they stand behind their product.

We've got the 63mm leg with twin solid wheel. I've only ever used the wheel in the shed at home, all other tomes I use the base plate. The 120mm extension has been handy. The plastic winder handle is dodgy, but I think they do a metal handle now?. I use an 18v cordless drill with their socket adaptor, but for back-up I keep a speed brace in the tool box.

Yeah, I'd get their gear again.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline mike.c

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 06:54:03 AM »
We have had one on our Metalian for 2 years. I'ts been great, we travel with the flat foot installed and the wheel stored in the car. Height adjustment is easy although if the draw bar weight is up there a small electric drill will struggle to wind it without a full battery, no problem though the winder works perfectly.

We installed it originally to beef up the jockey wheel to handle the forces of dragging the trailer out of a sticky situation if we got stuck and had to unhitch, while we have never had to do this in anger I have no doubt that it is up to the task.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 06:08:37 PM »
Had the bos370 for going on 4-5 years used on 3 vans great product .
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim