Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512447 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
England 7/95, maybe Jasen could make the team ;D
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
It must be disheartening for those down the order to come out every time with that much pressure on them to bat.
England are in a mess.

Edit;
8/139
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:40:54 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
Well done Aussies!

A massive effort, outplayed the Poms in every aspect of the game!
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Five-sh!t :cup:

Too bad if you had a ticket for tomorrow or the next day. Not even three days of cricket for a five day teat.  How embarrassing for England. Not even close to being competitive for the entire series.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:32:17 PM by muzza01 »

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
Been out all day and come home to find the poms have imploded.  So has the Aussie batsmen, including the worlds greatest batter, who failed to make double figures this time.   Do I dare watch it tomorrow, or go out again?

I hope you stayed home to watch, because there is no more test cricket this summer...
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
Fantastic 5-0 whitewash didn't quite think they would fall quite so badly England just imploded and the Aussies played well enjoy the win fellas

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
If your 5 nil up  please stand up,   Will actually miss Kerry next year when he's not on the radio

Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Haddin was robbed for man of the series. To keep and bat means he did a double effort rather than just take wickets like Johnson.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
Yep,
Agree D4D, I was surprised with that choice.

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
Haddin was robbed for man of the series. To keep and bat means he did a double effort rather than just take wickets like Johnson.
Either way they both hit good form, well done lads :cup:

BD
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
Actualy, I'n gonna whinge about the result.
Why?
Well, I just finished tinkering with the CT and TUG, cleaned up the shed, painted a box with natural stain ready to put near the BBQ.
Came inside, turn the idiot box on, went for a beer, came back, change it from ABC 3 to 9 (or what ever it is now) ready to park my Ar*^ on the couch to watch some cricket, and there is Tubbs in a stupid pink suit.
Well, I turned it off, and moved to the pool instead, until 4 kids followed me.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
That's why you need a TV in your garage :cup:

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
It must be disheartening for those down the order to come out every time with that much pressure on them to bat.

that could be said for both teams at stages of this test series i reckon
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
Yeah, true mate.
Some of the 'Tail' are bowlers as well, so they do their job and more.

Dave,
Gotta agree, i was set to do the same.
Fixed some stuff in the shed(Stuff that you know ya should of done a couple of weeks ago, but only takes a couple of minutes) and though, 'A couple of coldies and the cricket, pretty disappointing, having to find other stuff now to fill in the arvo,
Dohlt, just found it,

Myswag      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:cheers:

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
i went downstairs and washed the fourby after our recent beach visit over NY's and England were 3 for whatever...finished washing the fourby and turned the radio on to move the vehicle, only to hear Tubby doing the presentation....was certainly a quick end to the game  :o :o
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
2.5 hours to take 10 wickets :cup:

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
2.5 hours to take 10 wickets :cup:

Think you need this one

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User

what were the odds on 5-0 drubbing before the first aussie test the other week? ???

WelI I know there's 1 happy punter somewhere in oz. apparently was to collect 6 figures for bet on Australia winning 5-0. Good on him

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Sorry no team goes from that good to that bad on just a flight overseas.. Maybe downhill a bit, but 5.23??
No way I'll believe that is genuine and they are actually *REALLY* trying.

I'll wait for the corruption enquiry to be over...

what were the odds on 5-0 drubbing before the first aussie test the other week? ???

They must have made a fortune. I hope they don't get court, I don't think the Aussies could take it.

Everyone seems to be focussing on England playing so badly. Don't you think a big part of it is Australia playing so well? It seems like Australians are more interested in England losing than they are in Australia winning. Feels like little brother syndrome. Australia is all grown up now, time to let it go guys!

O and one more thing, AUSTRALIA DID NOT WIN THE ASHES! For Australia to to have won the ashes, the ashes would have to now be in Australia and they are not and they never will be.

Australia have won the Ashes Test, get it right boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:27:20 AM by Jasen »

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
They must have made a fortune. I hope they don't get court, I don't think the Aussies could take it.

Everyone seems to be focussing on England playing so badly. Don't you think a big part of it is Australia playing so well? It seems like Australians are more interested in England losing than they are in Australia winning. Feels like little brother syndrome. Australia is all grown up now, time to let it go guys!

O and one more thing, AUSTRALIA DID NOT WIN THE ASHES! For Australia to to have won the ashes, the ashes would have to now be in Australia and they are not and they never will be.

lmao nice rant.

nbd73

This sentence, along with the rest of your contributions, sums up perfectly the fact that you are not familiar with cricket in any way so perhaps its time you stopped making an a#$ of yourself and bow out of the thread, unless of course you are going to ask questions to educate yourself, or alternatively add something worthwhile.
For the record Australia won the test "series" and yes we did win the ashes, its how it has been described since the beginning.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:08:09 PM by nbd73 »

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
Winning the ashes Australia did, they just didn't take possession of them. England have suffered enough, to take the precious urn off them as well would cruel. And we don't want these poms whinging more than they already do  ;D

Actually, handing the urn over sounds a bit like Indian cricket, if you don't do what they want they take their bat and ball and go home. Perhaps if England had have done that after Adelaide they would have only lost 2-0 and not have made history as the only English team to lose 100 wickets in Australia!  ;D
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
Don't you think a big part of it is Australia playing so well?

Aside from a couple of bowlers and two batsmen, Australia didn't play that well. When the lower order batsmen score more runs throughout the series than the higher order batsmen and you still win 5-0 then that speaks volumes for the opposition. The English bowlers had no answer for our tail end.
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
This sentence, along with the rest of your contributions, sums up perfectly the fact that you are not familiar with cricket in any way so perhaps its time you stopped making an a#$ of yourself and bow out of the thread, unless of course you are going to ask questions to educate yourself, or alternatively add something worthwhile.
For the record Australia won the test "series" and yes we did win the ashes, its how it has been described since the beginning.

Whilst I agree with you assessment of my cricket knowledge and bow to your superior understanding go the game, I believe you are underestimating my valuable contribution to continuing the banter sir!

Did anyone see Koshy this morning making his contribution to continuing the banter with his call to have the Ashes urn delivered by Will and Kate on there fore coming visit lol

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:42:24 PM by Jasen »