Author Topic: Thanks for the add  (Read 2949 times)

Offline hazza80

• Learning the Ropes
Thanks for the add
« on: April 27, 2015, 06:13:15 PM »
G'day, thanks for the welcome. I'm currently doing a bit of research into campers. We're a family of 4 (2 kids - 7 yrs, 4 yrs) and we have a Jayco Expanda which is awesome for caravan parks, etc. and I have a roof top for quick get-aways with my son (and take a small tent when all of us). But I have room for a camper trailer down the other side of the house hehe

We've had an Austrack semi-offroad, 2009, which we only used 2-3 times - I found that a bit awkward on the back at the time and hot during the day (although not as important now - 16 mth old trying to sleep middle of day back then). Hence, why we went down the caravan route.

I don't expect to make a purchase until late August or September (our Caravan & Camping show here is mid-August), so that will help narrow things down I'm sure. Currently my mind set is for something that is fast and easy to set up (rear fold or 9-10ft soft floor with gas struts), to fit either 2 stretchers or bunk bed in tent room, practical kitchen, 12V set-up, good fall on the canvas (ie. doesn't pool up), good ventilation and quality made. Trying to keep the weight down to a reasonable amount ie. 800kg or thereabouts, depending on features. Preferably Aussie made, but the Ecomate is one of the imports I'm considering (I think a bit more quality control looks to go in these compared to others).

My budget will be at max $18-20k, but will be looking between $6-20k on the classifieds. Looking both new and 2nd hand - some of the package deals with tinnys/motor/foldable trailer look tempting too. Is it possible or reasonable to put a 3.6m tinny on a rear fold (ie. cub daintree?)

This camper trailer will mostly be used for 3 days to a week camping behind sand dunes, national parks, outback touring, and possibly The Cape.

At the moment NEW I'm considering:
Ecomate Traveller rear fold $16490
Aussie Jay's camper 'Crusher' $12500
Lifestyle Expander Elite $18950 - like the tent, except the tropical roof would flap a lot in sand dune areas, etc, and value for $$$ probably look for one on the 2nd hand market maybe

2nd HAND
Cub Daintree - noticed a few of these approx. 2009-2012 models about $9k-15k or upto $18k for 2013-14
Camel Beachcomber ie. in classifieds for $8k with good extras (draws, kitchen, 12v set-up, boat loader rack, etc) and boat/trailer negotiable
And quite a few others

Thanks again for the add, I look forward to reading and learning and also enjoying seeing what comes on the market and gauging what is selling for what $$$. Cheers

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Thanks for the add
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:16:19 PM »
Welcome to myswag aka 'camping gear collectors anonymous' Hazza. Sounds like you'll fit right in :laugh:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

KingBilly

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
G'day mate and welcome to myswag.  Good luck in your CT search

Happy camping
KB

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:25:23 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, enjoy your stay

GG

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 05:18:16 AM »

G'Day Hazza 80,
                           Welcome to this forum....Heaps of willing persons to assist you ( if you wish ) to assist with help.  Good luck with your choice of CT
                                                   Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »
Welcome Hazza,

Good luck with your search,
We had the lifestyle and loved it.
Did not have a problem with the Tropical roof making a noise if kept tight.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline hazza80

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
Thanks guys.... have been reading heaps already and checking out websites of other campers that forum users own... there looks to be a lot of quality campers to choose from