Author Topic: Soon to be....  (Read 4687 times)

Offline MBEEZ

• Learning the Ropes
Soon to be....
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
G'day All.
My name is Matt and my wife and I are on the market for our first camper which brought me across the Myswag site, and after some good reading it sounded like a good group to get involved with.
We have an initial budget of 10k max and are looking for a solid, reliable off road camper trailer with just the basics, but one that is able to accomodate plenty of add ons which I would like to do along the way as time and money permit.  We have a young family so room is pretty important straight up though.  We got plenty of camping accessories from our tenting days so we can hold out for a bit on the luxuries....looking forward to the project though!  We'd like to go new and customise it to make it our own (but I have come across what look to be some great used campers on the selling section of Myswag and also Camper Trader).  So, any advise or suggestions you can offer on purchasing a first camper will be well received, and hopefully I will be a fully feldged camper in the near future!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Buster3931

• Tent User
Re: Soon to be....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Hi mbeez

Welcome to myswag . It's a great site with heaps of helpful and friendly people. Add your location or an area to make it easier for locals to help out.

Buster

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
Welcome to myswag Matt :cheers:

There's a good used Tambo in the myswag classifieds or new you can't go wrong with this http://customline.com.au/cms-models/deluxe-off-road.phps
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »
Welcome to MySwag Matt and Mrs Matt. $10k is a good budget and will give you plenty of options to look at. See you around the forum.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
Theres about 15 top quality trailers in the Forsale section.. Start there.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline MBEEZ

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »
Thanks fellas.
D4D, the Tambo does look pretty good, location doesn't work though.  I've updated my location on my profile now (thanks Buster), so will need to source one from somewhere local.
Customline is now on my short list of companies to talk to so I'll see what the guys at Beenleigh can offer.
Thanks again.
Matt

Offline TheWall

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »
Hi Matt, you are exactly me 8 months ago. Most of the recommendations that came my way involved Lifestyle Campers (springwood in Brissie) inc my sis and from other forums. Check them out as they are very solid and we'll thought out. I picked my 2.5 yo Lifestyle 360 up for $10k and have spent about 1k having doubled the water capacity to 170l, added some jerry can holders and added a cutlery draw.

No affiliation, just good value.

Matt

Offline builder94

• Swag User
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Customline are currently running out 2013 showroom/ demo stock lots of extras checkout their website and see what is still left.

Offline MBEEZ

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 09:44:29 PM »
TheWall, the basic Lifestyle camper option looks great for under 10k.  Thanks for the tip, I'll give them a call.
Builder94, unfortunately the price is creeping up on the left over run outs, I'll be having a talk with them about their options though on the starter models.
Cheers
Matt

Offline Clouty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
G'day MBEEZ..
Good luck with your camper hunting.. As everyone has said there's plenty of great campers in the camper classifieds..

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
Welcome Matt,

Good luck with your search, do your homework and stick to your budget as you will find one that will suit.
Enjoy your camping when it comes.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

KingBilly

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Welcome to myswag.  Customline (I'm biased), Trackabout and Lifestyle are all good Brissy made campers.  Good luck in your search.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 09:02:03 PM »
Hi Matt, and welcome.
A couple of questions, if I might.
Firstly, how many billy lids do you have, and what are their ages?
This will no doubt be relevant to your choice.
Some campers have capacity for zip on rooms, which an accommodate bunk beds, for example.
Others - e.g. Track Shack,have multiple elevated sleeping areas.
I would suggest as follows:
1/. Work out your design criteria; 2/. Talk to manufacturers you are interested in regarding price / features / cost of 'extras'; 3/. Compare with what you can get within your price range on the second hand market, with similar cost / features, even if a different make.
Then consider how essential buying new is to you.  For some it is an absolute, for others value for $ used makes that direction a 'no brainier'. 
Either decision can be valid, but I recon it is important to consider both options.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Tambo Campers

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »
Hi Matt and welcome to the site, a great place to be. feel free to give us a call we have a list of couple second hand campers that might fit your budget, there are a couple on here to look at

Kind regards the Tambo team

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
G'day Matt and welcome to Myswag. Good luck with your search.   :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD