Author Topic: stalker  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Dan

• Sleeping Bag User
stalker
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
Hi all I've been stalking this forum for quite a while now, just can't decide between camper trailer, caravan, tent, roof top, swag and any other form of accommodation that i can think of so far i have three tents four including the roof top and a boat, that is great for Eildon over nighters (before the new arrival) i have 3 kids and a lovely wife that prefers the finer side of camping IE a night at the mantra in Lorne I'm quite obsessed with the high country as it is a close weekend getaway been to Frasier with the extended family and think sandy beech holidays are what I'm looking forward to the most. i have read many threads from start to finish and think the only way i can have a camper, i will be happy with, is if i spend to much money and time training to weld and fab till i am half as good as half the guys on here. thank you all for the hours of entertainment had and the hours to come even if the indecision isn't being helped.
undecided

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: stalker
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »
Hi Dan and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: Brett
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:59 AM »
G'day Dan & Family.

To Myswag.
Hmmm, Happy Wife, Happy life.
Works for me  :laugh:
Good luck in your choice of accommodation, Yeah, there is plenty to choose from.
I guess it comes down to what best suits you guys. Have you thought of hiring different setups?
That may help you find what works and what doesn't for you guys.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
 :cheers:

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
G'day & Welcome Dan.

You'd be one of a thousand members with a whole bunch of camping gear, mostly collected before we found our campers. One weekend in a good camper and I bet you and your wife would never use a tent again.

The advantages of a camper are so many, but the highights for me:
Not sleeping on the ground (though as I don't have a camper at present I'm doing that again)
Having a kitchen ready to go
Having more storage space
Having everything in its place, ready to go

These things make it easy to get away and easy when you get home. We've got a large mtswag gathering down in Victoria in a few months, bring your crew up and meet a whole bunch of folks with campers, 4wbies and kids. And drinking problems, and funny stories, and friends you'll keep for life.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
Hey Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

We would be biased and say get a camper trailer but it is whatever works for you. Good luck in deciding!

JKohn.

bunyip

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 12:51:25 AM »
Hi Dan,

We have been tenting for 10 years and are just about to venture into the CT world. Looking forward to it to be honest.

Bunyip

Offline aquadux

• Swag User
  • It's great to be outdoors
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
Welcome Dan

A big decision ahead of you, plenty of advise to be found

Richard
Toyota Prado diesel
Jayco Discovery

Offline jamesjfa

• Swag User
stalker
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 07:21:33 AM »
We have just bought our 1st camper. Love getting outdoors so guess you can do that in any of the methods you mentioned.

Whatever you choose, enjoy.

Cheers,
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Muttley

• Swag User
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:51:37 AM »
Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.  My wife used to only want to camp under 5 stars, but things changed when we started looking at camper trailers.  Now she can't wait to get out there and explore our fantastic country.  So whatever you go for, if you have a happy wife, you have a happy life  :cup:
Somewhere out there!

Offline Dan

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
Thanks to all for your welcomes, Im a bit lazy getting on the keyboard hence the late responce, Hairs ive camped in most types of tent vans ect already, havnt done a camper trailer yet but figure if i hire all the different veriants i could of bought a cheap one by the time ive seen them all.  and ive been procastonating for the last 5 years.
I love reading all the build threads and wishing i had half the skills that half the guys on here have.
undecided

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »

Hi Stalker Dan,

Welcome to a confusing at times, but the most fabulous forum I've found.

I don't think there is any one perfect camper, unless you've built it yourself to your exacting requirements after years of experimentation, but heck, you sure can have a lot of fun (and spend a lot of money) finding out.

I guess which camper you go for depends entirely on How You Camp.  Do you need the full motel experience of a huge camper with lots of storage space OR can you get by with the bare essentials that a smaller camper can provide?  Once you put exactly what you need on paper, you look for that camper and give it a few mods till it's perfect ... and then change your mind again in a few years.   ;D

I agree with BigJules ... you need to see them all set up and chat with their owners to know what others have gone for ... but then work your own requirements into the mix.  Best place to do that is either a camping show or a CT Meet.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
stalker
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
G'day Dan and nice to have your company mate. Good luck with it all and make sure you post up when you do you lazy bastard ;D

BD
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

KingBilly

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
Hey Dan.  I was an avid tent camper, had several versions.  I procrastinated for a few years about a camper trailer.  Kept annoying the manufacturers at the camping shows.  Finally made the plunge and mate, let me tell you, it is great.  Only had two weeks away at this stage but have the next two trips planned already.  Take the plunge, you won't regret it.  Good luck with your decisions.

KB
The following users thanked this post: oldmate