Author Topic: Bunnings Sausage Sizzel  (Read 10672 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Bunnings Sausage Sizzel
« on: November 14, 2018, 06:27:32 AM »
Whats with the Humble Bummblings Sausage Sizzel  Now they are trying to tell us just where the onions should be placed . Bread , onions , Snag  & not the other way around . The onions if dropped on the floor could be a slip hazard .
l could go on but you get the drift , Its Un Australian  , Your thoughts  >:D
                                         :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Bunnings Sausage Sizzel
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 06:41:35 AM »
It’s a sad litigious world we live in now isn’t it. Can’t have people looking where they walk, they’re to busy looking at social media on thier phones instead.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:07 AM »
Yep, thats right.

AND, before you can apply to go in the draw to run one, you have to attend their "information evening" where a green apron girl spends 2 hours explaining the way everything must be done (call it a site induction I suppose?). Our local bunnings has 2 draws per year, and your organisation must be pre-registered and have attended the info session prior to each draw being conducted or you will not be eligible, and then your name may not even be picked. Mind you, it's worth about $2k in sausage & drink sales if you can get a Saturday BBQ, so worth jumping through a few hoops.

Sadly, in this day and age, if someone went kettle up on a sausage, they'll probably sue both bunnings and the bbq charity  >:( which is probably why your charity needs to provide evidence to bunnings that you have $20m public liability cover as part of the application process.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:20:39 AM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 07:21:08 AM »
The more I read the news and see Shit on the internet the more I am convinced that the vast majority of people born after 1970 have severe brain deficiencies.. >:D
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 07:46:21 AM »
The more I read the news and see Shit on the internet the more I am convinced that the vast majority of people born after 1970 have severe brain deficiencies.. >:D

Well if shtf you won’t have to worry about them as they will have injured themselves on a small piece of onion. 😂😂😂

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »
Well, you are essentially a subcontractor operating in their workplace, so a site induction is required under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.

Yeah, in most situations it is totally over the top, but, In my job I got given the job of Hazchem Manager (gee, thanks ???), so get to go to all the safety meetings and see the incident investigations. I have since learnt to never underestimate the ability of highly experienced and smart people to do stupid things (usually in the hope of saving 5 minutes but adding days and $$ to the process), or for a simple task to go pear shaped and injure someone.

With the way the workplace laws are for workers and contractors and the So Far as Reasonably Practical approach to minimizing risk, I'm surprised you can go to Bunning's to buy anything and not have to don safety glasses, steel caps and high vis. Cars, trucks, forklifts and pedestrians all in a shared zone, hazchem and dangerous goods on random shelves throughout the store. Must be a fun job for the safety guy.
The following users thanked this post: rossm

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »
It was only put as a "suggestion" and does make sense.
Apart from that I prefer the onion on the bottom, cause it doesn't fall off taking the sauce with it.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »
Mine don't last long enough to suffer onion slippage.

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »
Based on my last  experience, a few years ago, the sausage itself probably was more dangerous than any slippery onion ring.

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »
Well, you are essentially a subcontractor operating in their workplace, so a site induction is required under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.

Yeah, in most situations it is totally over the top, but, In my job I got given the job of Hazchem Manager (gee, thanks ???), so get to go to all the safety meetings and see the incident investigations. I have since learnt to never underestimate the ability of highly experienced and smart people to do stupid things (usually in the hope of saving 5 minutes but adding days and $$ to the process), or for a simple task to go pear shaped and injure someone.

With the way the workplace laws are for workers and contractors and the So Far as Reasonably Practical approach to minimizing risk, I'm surprised you can go to Bunning's to buy anything and not have to don safety glasses, steel caps and high vis. Cars, trucks, forklifts and pedestrians all in a shared zone, hazchem and dangerous goods on random shelves throughout the store. Must be a fun job for the safety guy.

I sent your comment to my son who works for a small outfit supplying stuff to the oil and gas industry.

Here is his reply

“We are supposed to have a safety data sheet for everything in the warehouse.  Even just general cleaning supplies under the sink because it could be a hazardous chemical and we are a commercial premises.  Everything we import we get an SDS/GHS (Global Harmonized System) and are required to supply that to the transporter, the client anyone and any tom dick or harry who asks for it.  Yet as the guy says there is no obligation on retailers to supply these to customers.  I could walk in and pick up a thing of drain cleaner and eat it.

There are alot of exemptions for business that operate in a retail environment.  I bet all the chemical companies that supply bunnings and the like have to jump through many regulatory hoops with endless risk analysis and  paperwork to get products delivered onto the site.  Then bunnings go and stick the chlorine and the acid next to each other on the shelf.“

And watch out for slippery onions

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 05:56:19 PM »
I'm sure they have all the paperwork available on request, but I'm also sure they overly rely on a rubbery interpretation of this consumer product clause of the legislation:

Hazardous chemical label not required

In general a label is required for any hazardous chemical used in the workplace, however there are some that don’t need workplace labelling under the model WHS Regulations.

Consumer products

A hazardous chemical doesn’t need to comply with the labelling requirements of the model WHS Regulations if it’s a consumer product with the original label on its container, and it’s foreseeable it will be used in the workplace in:

a quantity that is consistent with consumer household use
    a way that is consistent with consumer household use
    a way that is incidental to the nature of the work carried out by a worker using the chemical.
https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/labelling

And it causes no end of confusion. A bottle of spray and wipe under the kitchen sink to occasionally wipe the desk is fine, but on the cleaners cart has to have GHS labeling and an SDS available.

No mention of safe handling of meat products nor caramelized bulb vegetables in the legislation either.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:59:13 PM by Hoyks »

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
Still a sausage sanga regardless how it's made, just like a burger. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 07:10:15 PM »
Don't get your knickers in a knot over it, wait till they make them Vegan snags, then you can go troppo ;D
Can't have pork either cos it offend you know who!!!
Perhaps they may not even allow snags soon as they have a gender specific identity!!!

::) ::) ::)
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 07:19:30 PM »
So I can't have a sausage with onion on top but I still can walk onsite into a Bunnings store wearing thongs, enter the tool department and pick up a chisel and accidentally drop it on to my foot.
I can also go pick up a ? Shelving system weighing 40 kg with no manual handling  assistance.

If Bunnings were serious about WHS then we should be wearing capped boots, safety glasses and gloves but we know WHS has a cost attached to it but that would be a cost too much and they would lose revenue from reduced patronage.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »

Perhaps they may not even allow snags soon as they have a gender specific identity!!!

::) ::) ::)

Maybe the snag will identify itself as a rissole, so they will have to change the name to Saturday morning gender neutral cooked food extravaganza !!   ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
Yep.

Safety is our No. 1 priority..... well, it's probably somewhere in the top 5.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 07:49:50 PM »
Sooooo lf l eat a Snaginabag with onions  at Bummblings & chuk a Hearter in the carpark , whom  cops the blame     ??? ???
Should it be somebody connected with a HUGE Hardware Chain  via the carpark sausage sizzle with misplaced onions   .   ??? ??? ???
WTF is the world coming to       ??? ??? ??? ???
Should we take our legal team to Bummblings as we should cover ourselves when we want to get screws  . Are ou with me ,,,,,,,,,,not to mention food additives on the floor .

???
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 08:28:55 PM »
I don’t see the big deal. Sometimes I put my sauce on the bread first and sometimes I put it on the sausage after it is in the bread. Same with the onion. Depends on where the congestion is during the assembly.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 09:47:36 PM »
I believe you also have to use Bunnings supplied snags? Just incase theres peanuts and egg, and food and flavour in them :(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 03:48:35 AM »
I believe you also have to use Bunnings supplied snags? Just incase theres peanuts and egg, and food and flavour in them :(

Nope, snags, bread, onions, condiments and bread are to be supplied by the fundraising body.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 06:20:57 AM »
Nope, snags, bread, onions, condiments and bread are to be supplied by the fundraising body.

....but purchased from Bunnings approved suppliers?
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 06:28:22 AM »
After 1953 perhaps?

65 year old QLD farmer compensated for emotional stress.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-14/farmer-applauds-bunnings-onion-advice-after-slip/10496568

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 06:40:17 AM »
I don't eat onions, friggin hate the things, make me sick 7 different ways to Sunday.

So, i now feel, because i'm in the minority, i'm being discriminated against for my onion allergy.

So, to prove a point, I went to Bunnings yesterday and asked for my sausage to be handled and placed in a different order.
Well, didn't that cause an uproar.

I insisted, because i'm exempt from the onion thing, I wanted them to put the bread on top and the sausage below. (because its my right)

I ended up with burnt fingers, as the sausage was too hot.
The margarine was at an abnormal temperature, so it was melting and dripping on my toes and thongs.
My sausage fell out in plain view of everyone, dropped on the ground and as I stepped forward, it impacted with my foot.
I ended up kicking the sausage as I stepped forward and it shot across the car park and was about to roll down a drain.

NOOOOOO, I screamed, as my pork (Fukk 'em) $2.00 snag slipped through the grate and landed with a splash in the stagnant water in the drain.

I put my bread down near the drain, hoisted the steel grate up and fished out my snag.
During this, some cocksmoker in a Volvo, nearly hit me, swerving at the last minute and luckily, he did miss me, but he did run over my bread.

I scrapped my Volvo flattened bread up and put my wiped down sausage back in it. It was still covered in some green stuff, but it wouldn't wipe off.
It was truly a very sad sight and you know what, you can't hardly eat 'em after all that. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:41:54 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 07:51:05 AM »
This would have to be one of the smartest Free Advertising campaigns going .. Sales are a bit slow Sooo ...
 Create an uproar over a trivial thing and everyone jumps on the social media yapping about **** at Bummings ... Then the idiot box mob get a sniff of something as big as a pimple on a babies bum to turn into Mount Vesuvius on a slow news day  ..
 PRESTO  "  FREE NATIONAL  MEDIA ADVERTISING " everyone is talking about Bummings ..  ;D ;D  SUCKERS  !

Then get some DOPEY SPLORE FOOTED farmer hick that hasnt got enough brains to watch / know where he's walking,  to say " It was meeee,  I slipped on an ungin from Bummings "  .. To authenticate it .
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:00:40 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 08:04:14 AM »
....but purchased from Bunnings approved suppliers?

They "encourage" you to purchase from Coles (also owned by Wesfarmers), but dont specify it.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.