Author Topic: Camper canvas repairs Gold Coast / Brisbane  (Read 2120 times)

Offline pajames

• Learning the Ropes
Camper canvas repairs Gold Coast / Brisbane
« on: December 11, 2017, 09:53:04 AM »
Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong area, I have a Customline offroad camper that needs a new flyscreen zipper to the main door way entrance replaced. As you know Customline are no more, so does anyone know of any repairers in the Gold Coast, Brisbane area? Thanks in advance.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Camper canvas repairs Gold Coast / Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 10:07:17 AM »
Clarke's Canvas Products at Nerang are good, I have used them based on others recommendations here and now recommend them myself. Only possible negative from my perspective is that it took a while, but I had also told him I wasn't in a big rush so can't really hold that against them.
The following users thanked this post: pajames

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:50 PM »
Could look up Gordon Simpson's MOTATRIM  at 25 machinery Drive South Tweed Heads [ Moved from Acacia st  into a factory mobile ## should still be the same  ] ..
Gordon did the tent section mods on my camper build, Good work and to work with sorting out what I wanted and the best part very reasonable on the $$ Bit over 12 months ago .. almost 4 hours of cutting sewing / materials for $300 .. His price may have had to go up a little since going the factory .
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:51:23 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: pajames

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »
I own a soft floor too, does the tent need to be removed to get thing like zips and tears repaired?

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
Im guessing it might have too / depending on locations etc .. Never know motatrim  may have some portable sewing rig set up for onsite type of work .
One of these Speedy stichers a bit canvas and some of your time over a few beers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ie5HjU6_9M  might be another option or tear aid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtmRctVy1uM
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "