Author Topic: NRL Season 2017  (Read 61918 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: NRL Season 2017
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2017, 06:50:32 AM »
i'll be very surprised if they beat Parra...I didn't think the Cows would win, but Cronulla have been abit ordinary for a while now, Parra have been playing great footy against top teams lately and are in much better form then Crunulla were. Hope the Cows get up, but they need to improve and step it up to be a real chance on the weekend

i think it depends how parra pull up mentally from their game last week.

they could have absolutely won that game, but they blew it.  lots of inexperience in that team and if things start to go against them, they have had a habit of capitulating...

cowboys have nothing to lose, just like last week.  no pressure.  makes playing the game a bit easier...

i just hope the cows don't bring back justin o'niell... he's a trainwreck on defense...

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2017, 10:31:24 AM »
I wouldn't say Bowen is on the right track.
Agree about Parramatta, they have some mental demons & have been known to choke.
The good thing is all the media keep talking them up.
Cowboys 13+

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:31 AM »
Agree about Parramatta, they have some mental demons & have been known to choke.
Cowboys 13+

defensively, i'd take Bowen every day of the week... 

here's hoping 13+    :cup:

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2017, 11:23:29 AM »
The way the Cowboys players arrived home last week at the airport was like they'd won their Grandfinal already, you usually see atleast one underdog get up in the finals one week each year only to not show up the following week...hope it's not the case though
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »
The way the Cowboys players arrived home last week at the airport was like they'd won their Grandfinal already, you usually see atleast one underdog get up in the finals one week each year only to not show up the following week...hope it's not the case though

because their fans knew that no-one else gave them any hope and they got the job done away from home anyways...

same as this week...
The following users thanked this post: bede

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
Sharks supporter eh!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Nope !!

The Boys were lucky to sneak into the finals, and got lucky against the Sharks. They won't be lucky again..

But I'd rather them than the Broncos or Storm !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2017, 06:15:01 AM »
Nope !!

The Boys were lucky to sneak into the finals, and got lucky against the Sharks. They won't be lucky again..

luck?  don't think so and the stats back it up.

too many missed tackles, errors and stupid penalties.  don't believe the ref hype.  the cowboys were dudded in more than one penalty area as well...

fifita running toward the sideline with 10 seconds to go, away from perfect field-goal position...

that's not luck, that's crap play.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2017, 08:50:20 PM »
Does the blood rule not exist anymore?.... Wallace has claret coming out of his face  everywhere, and even at a penalty tap where he is face to face with the ref and talking with him, they still let him tap the ball to play on.

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »
Does the blood rule not exist anymore?.... Wallace has claret coming out of his face  everywhere, and even at a penalty tap where he is face to face with the ref and talking with him, they still let him tap the ball to play on.
Was thinking the same thing. 
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
Reckon the Melbourne Storm players would have been sitting back and loving watch Brisbanes injury toll mount up last night....gunna be some very sore and sorry guys waking up this morning in Brisbane

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
Reckon the Melbourne Storm players would have been sitting back and loving watch Brisbanes injury toll mount up last night....gunna be some very sore and sorry guys waking up this morning in Brisbane

you're not wrong there...

a good test for the broncos defense, though... panthers had plenty of ball in the 20 and they held them back...

they are going to need all that and more against the storm...

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »
At the game last night and a few observations, both from the game and as a season ticket holder.
Adam Blair is a loose cannon doing dumb things but lucky to get away with it, I think WB would have been happy to let him go to the Warriors. Sammy T  still loves tackling around the legs but the problem is he is usually the 3rd player in and arrives like a cannon ball 10 sec later, bad part of his game.
Refs display was again ordinary in the inconsistency, early in game Broncs get a penalty(goal) for laying in the ruck yet in the last 10 or so minutes the panthers where in the similar 10 m zone, yet the refs could not find a penalty but the Broncs were all over the Panther players. There were many examples through out the game that usually went with the home crowd.
I see WB spoke last week about the refs and the bunker
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wayne-bennett-is-no-fan-of-the-bunker/news-story/c67643ce9dc54baaa09bbe41830e8b0e
The Broncs were ordinary against an equally ordinary team and need to lift if they are a chance against the Storm.

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
I don't like the Cowboys at all, but they're doing their best at changing that stance. Even though it's a fight they won't win, that are very admirable with the way they've played against all odds. Well done cows
The following users thanked this post: sol

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »
are there any aussies playing NRL anymore??? maybe a jones?
reminds me of https://soundcloud.com/12thmanhq/socceroos-vs-england
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2017, 06:24:30 AM »

Cowboys 13+

If it wasn't for the late fumble i had $50 on 13+

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2017, 06:33:09 AM »
Proud Cowboys supporter but theyve got a bit to do to match it with the Storm.  ;D
The Storm are the best coached side in the comp by a mile.

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2017, 07:18:01 AM »
Nope !!

Once again, luck had nothing to do with their win.

Quality play and attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2017, 07:20:14 AM »
Was a good win to the Cowboys, they played a lot better this week then they did last week IMO. When Parra ran in that first try i was worried it might open the flood gates like what happened with Brisbane, but they hit back straight away which was a good sign. Unlike last week where they didn't look pretty but managed the win, this week they looked in control for much of the game.

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2017, 07:53:02 AM »
Proud Cowboys supporter but theyve got a bit to do to match it with the Storm.  ;D
The Storm are the best coached side in the comp by a mile.

Been humming and ahhhing all morning whether to book gf package. Based on your predictions Sol it would seem I should, because you're not giving the roosters a look in next week eh.

T.E. Lawrence

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2017, 07:58:23 AM »
Was a good win to the Cowboys, they played a lot better this week then they did last week IMO. When Parra ran in that first try i was worried it might open the flood gates like what happened with Brisbane, but they hit back straight away which was a good sign. Unlike last week where they didn't look pretty but managed the win, this week they looked in control for much of the game.
They are extremely well coached & are peaking at the right time.
Broncos and Storm will be praying the roosters can do a job on us, as they wouldn't want to be playing us in the GF

T.E. Lawrence

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
Been humming and ahhhing all morning whether to book gf package. Based on your predictions Sol it would seem I should, because you're not giving the roosters a look in next week eh.

Maybe not it appears the final series may be domed
http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/is-the-world-going-to-end-on-september-23/news-story/bd22a208cf5f2b251fb332543fa48758

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »

;D mate id like to be that sure, but any of the 4 teams could win it. I like the way the Cowboys are coming good at the right time. Its going to be 2 great games this coming weekend  :cup:

Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2017, 08:51:33 PM »
Once again, luck had nothing to do with their win.

Quality play and attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, luck always has a part to play, and going by all the ref decisions, getting the right rub of the green can make a huge difference.

Coming from 8th place and winning the comp hasn't been done before ( or has it been once ? ), so huge odds to go all the way .
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »

Ha ha, luck always has a part to play, and going by all the ref decisions, getting the right rub of the green can make a huge difference.

Coming from 8th place and winning the comp hasn't been done before ( or has it been once ? ), so huge odds to go all the way .

"HISTORY HAPPENS"

I think a team won it from 5th under the old system iirc

T.E. Lawrence

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »
If they defy the odds again & win the next game, I hope they go on with it. Same for the roosters, if they win, I hope they keep going.
There's no team I despise more than Melbourne & they're closely followed by Brisbane. Who ever wins out of Cows & Chooks, I hope take the cake.
Bloody hell, if Cows win it, they'll create a new legend!