Author Topic: NRL Season 2017  (Read 61530 times)

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: NRL Season 2017
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2017, 06:17:31 AM »
Congrats Storm. Too good. Best coached team in NRL by a long way. Class act.
Cowboys next year. ;D

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2017, 06:34:35 AM »
Well done Storm.  The score should have been closer for a final but the Cowboys were just not in it for most of the game, a real shame. But they did have 2 of their best players out but no excuse, they were beaten by a better team.

Good to see the crowds came out and supported the game. And I thought the refs had a great game.  Kevin

Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2017, 02:13:44 PM »
Well done Storm.  The score should have been closer for a final but the Cowboys were just not in it for most of the game, a real shame. But they did have 2 of their best players out but no excuse, they were beaten by a better team.

Good to see the crowds came out and supported the game. And I thought the refs had a great game.  Kevin
Didn't they have to give away tickets just to fill the seats? Just shows how the game is headed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
Didn't they have to give away tickets just to fill the seats? Just shows how the game is headed

thought it was funny rab's saying 'well done to Sydney for embracing these 2 sides not from NSW to get to 79,000 here'... then remembered http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=51520.msg921740#msg921740
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »

You'd swear, the storm had twice as many players as the cowboys.
Nearly every move by the Cows was stopped in its tracks.

The storm, just hammered the Cows every move.
Once the Cows scored, i changed channels, content they wouldn't lose with a nil score.

Hats off to the Cows for making the final, but it was over as soon as they hit the paddock.

Good on the storm for playing a good game.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline scblack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »

Or maybe they should have just photoshopped some crowd in, as they were caught doing this year.
VW Amarok Highline 2016
Jayco Swan Outback 2015

A man must believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2017, 06:22:06 PM »
thought it was funny rab's saying 'well done to Sydney for embracing these 2 sides not from NSW to get to 79,000 here'... then remembered http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=51520.msg921740#msg921740
There fans obviously don't really care, i know victorians don't really care about storm, its a token thing, we have a team so we follow it.
Afl, 100000 people, tigers home ground had overflow of 21000 people (even a few crows supporters), and the streets and parks were full of supporters!
Obviously more heart in it over nrl.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
You'd swear, the storm had twice as many players as the cowboys.
Nearly every move by the Cows was stopped in its tracks.
great preparation and brilliant coaching...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »
Could they not have gotten someone better then the chick from the Coles ads for the pre game entertainment
Can't say the acknowledgment to country thing did anything for me either
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:11:49 PM by Rumpig »
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t
The following users thanked this post: sol

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2017, 08:25:38 PM »
Could they not have gotten someone better then the chick from the Coles ads for the pre game entertainment
Can't say the acknowledgment to country thing did anything for me either
at least they didn't get this thing from the ford ads
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »
Just watched PNG give Wales a touch up on 7 Mate, 3 more games on tonight to watch yet 8)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »
How good is it watching Samoa and NZ face off with their cultural challenges before the game, so much passion from either side on show...much better then that embarrassing  acknowledgement of country thing the Aussies did last night, there was little to no passion on display in that.

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2017, 05:29:10 PM »
I think that having all Countries that play League to come together in the World Series is a good thing. If you don't play against the better teams, you won't improve and I think that these Nations will be a force to be reckoned with, in the future.  :cheers:

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2017, 05:51:37 PM »
watching the island nations play, with their obvious passion for the countries on full display, is proof enough we need more international football involving them...

great to watch...

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »
Quote from: Foo
If you don't play against the better teams, you won't improve...
I dunno about that... getting smashed every game is not good for confidence, the fans, the players, coaches anybody.. destroys self esteem and does nobody any good.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #315 on: October 29, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »
I dunno about that... getting smashed every game is not good for confidence, the fans, the players, coaches anybody.. destroys self esteem and does nobody any good.

If you're getting smashed constantly and not seeing some improvement every time you play, then you need to look at coaching, support staff, overall setup... etc...

Bangladesh (cricket) is a perfect example of how minnows can become competitive by playing bigger nations.

Incremental improvement over time is what you want to achieve, if you are a smaller nation.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2017, 02:29:16 PM »
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cooper-cronk-joins-sydney-roosters-on-twoyear-contract-20171029-gzaqz8.html

Cooper Cronk will join the Sydney Roosters after agreeing to a two-year contract with tri-colours.

The Roosters on Monday confirmed signing of the 33-year-old Kangaroos halfback, 10 days after he revealed he would not be retiring after the World Cup.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2017, 06:48:30 PM »
As expected, Hayne milked another payment out of the Titans before walking out on them today....wonder if he'll pick his act up at Parra next year or not

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »
As expected, Hayne milked another payment out of the Titans before walking out on them today....wonder if he'll pick his act up at Parra next year or not

But as report Hayne has not taken up the option to "milk" that payment

Quote from News
stringing the Titans along in an attempt to hold onto $180,000 in “holiday pay” by planning to only tell the club of his intent to walk away in January before his return to pre-season training following a break after the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.
The move would reportedly allow Hayne to continue his monthly payments of $90,000 under his deal with the Titans before he accepts his cut-price deal with the Eels.
The Daily Telegraph reported earlier this month Hayne stood to receive $90,000 on November 30 and December 30 if still employed by the Titans.
But Courier-Mail rugby league writer Peter Badel reported Hayne doesn’t plan on taking advantage of that situation.
“My understanding is he will not seek the $180,000 that was reported that he would look to seek over the next two months before he left the club,” Badel told Fox Sports News.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2017, 06:22:50 AM »

if i was Clint Gutherson at Parra, i would be filthy...

he's a club/coach/morale killer, with no heart or integrity.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »
if i was Clint Gutherson at Parra, i would be filthy...

he's a club/coach/morale killer, with no heart or integrity.
Sums him up perfectly

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »
But as report Hayne has not taken up the option to "milk" that payment

Quote from News
stringing the Titans along in an attempt to hold onto $180,000 in “holiday pay” by planning to only tell the club of his intent to walk away in January before his return to pre-season training following a break after the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.
The move would reportedly allow Hayne to continue his monthly payments of $90,000 under his deal with the Titans before he accepts his cut-price deal with the Eels.
The Daily Telegraph reported earlier this month Hayne stood to receive $90,000 on November 30 and December 30 if still employed by the Titans.
But Courier-Mail rugby league writer Peter Badel reported Hayne doesn’t plan on taking advantage of that situation.
“My understanding is he will not seek the $180,000 that was reported that he would look to seek over the next two months before he left the club,” Badel told Fox Sports News.
seems a coincidence he announced at right at the end of the month to me.... he might have opted not to take the money once word got out as that article says (no idea how correct it is), but I'd bet all my coin he was going to do it before media got wind of it. The guy is a self centred team killer, no way would I have him in my team regardless of his talent (that only occasionally turns up to play)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »
Must admit I'm not a fan of the players chopping and changing at the drop of a hat, or before the season begins, stating they are moving next year..

I know theres no loyalty from clubs to players, but there seems even less these days from players to anything but $$$ and it seems to mainly be the higher profile players.

You sign a contract, you should be there until end of season, then if you don't make finals, you then start talks.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2017, 06:26:17 PM »
Must admit I'm not a fan of the players chopping and changing at the drop of a hat, or before the season begins, stating they are moving next year..

I know theres no loyalty from clubs to players, but there seems even less these days from players to anything but $$$ and it seems to mainly be the higher profile players.

You sign a contract, you should be there until end of season, then if you don't make finals, you then start talks.
totally agree, you sign a contract you should see it out...sadly though there's so many get out clauses in the contracts, there's no chance of making someone stay at a club if they really want to go. At the end of the day you have to ask, do you want a sook like Moses was at Wests and Hayne at the Titans moping about the place and doing nothing for club moral, or do you just let them go and try and move the club forward.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #324 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
After all these years, and clubs getting bolloxed for salary cap breaches... clubs still play the game?

Manly are facing a "significant fine" after a lengthy investigation by the NRL's integrity unit found potential breaches of the competition's salary cap by the club over the past five years.

The NRL announced on Monday afternoon that it had issued Manly with a breach notice, giving the club five days to respond, as well as issuing show-cause notices to two club officials.

"Should these preliminary findings be confirmed, proposed sanctions could include a significant fine on the club," the NRL said in a statement.

"The club could also be required to adjust its salary cap for 2018 to recognise commitments made to players that are found to be in breach of the cap.

"In addition to the matters relevant to the club, show cause notices have also been issued to two current club officials, requiring them to demonstrate why their registrations should not be cancelled."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/manly-sea-eagles-facing-significant-fine-after-nrl-salary-cap-breach-notice-20171211-h02l94.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home